• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Overrated Fighters

cappatacus

Reaction score
Is there any fighters you find other people love and you don't understand? Post them here and tell us why!

I personally don't have a long list; just a few that I genuinely don't understand. First off is Cerebella in general - don't get me wrong, I like her! But I feel like for a long while, she's been praised for stats and combos when A) She has roughly one (1) said praised combo B) I feel that I could only use three of her variants currently in high streaks, and one is a nat diamond. I think the last point is true of every character, though, so it's not even that I think she's bad. She just...doesn't seem special to me.

Epic Sax. Okay, this is one I have less experience with so my opinion is pretty uninformed. I have mine at around 6k right now, and while he does decent damage, I have a hard time believing he could hold up in high streaks. It's not a little later in a combo that he gains his 50% bonus, and as I've seen on my partially upgraded Heavy Metal, a 50% bonus to a tanky character's attack is good, but not great. I'm not a Big Band user, though, so maybe I'm just missing out.

Lastly, Rainbow Blight. I wanted to like her. I wanted to love her! I currently have two, and I just can't seem to get much use out of her. Her only method of gaining an attack bonus is a short bleed and short enrage stack, by chance, intermittently throughout a match. I have to block without being hit for usually 5-7 seconds for this to actually work, and by then I'm losing so much time turtling that the match becomes boring, and timing out in high streaks seems feasible. The rest of her buffs are good, but honestly more defensive based, which isn't what I'm looking for to play with. She just falls off for me in utility.

Think I'm wrong or stupid? Feel free to tell me! I'm curious to hear everyone's thoughts.

Reactions: Psyche
Speaking on Cerebella, I find her greatest strengths on offense are as a meter control character with her MA and against variants like Resonant Evil and Painwheels with Grudge MA, since she can do so few hits while doing so much damage. Since I don't use Squigly for meter control out of personal preference, I find Cerebella works great.

For Epic Sax, I've got a max level gold, and for me he isn't spectacular, he's just very safe. He can Noise Cancel if his dash attack goes wrong, and he does pretty good damage, but he doesn't inflict any bleeds or other percentage-based damage so it's hard against high streaks, and getting enrage off his SA is unreliable. I think the main thing is that Sax is the best Big Band variant for offense, but that isn't saying a whole lot.

I don't have Rainbow Blight, sorry.

I really enjoy playing Bella. Got a diamond Harley, working on a Brain Freeze, an Armed Forces and a Toad Warrior. That said... no she’s not really special. I love her CA- I always like stuff that rewards me for timing-based counter attacking, plus makes her way harder to corner than other characters. She does have pretty nicely balanced stats, and a few really good variants but she is a bit slow, her combo potential isn’t all that great, a few of her variants are stinkers and I can absolutely see why someone wouldn’t like her- at least not as much as most people seem to haha. Everyone’s got that character they don’t enjoy playing... for me it’s Big Band, and Peacock to a lesser extent. I like both of them as characters, and they have some pretty strong variants too (I don’t have UV though so I haven’t experienced the true power of Peacock) but I just don’t have as much fun with them as I do say Bella, Eliza or Squigs.
Agree on Sax... he used to be better, I know that, and I think people just wish he still was. Big Band has an unfortunate lack of Very Strong Offense variants and Sax is probably the closest thing. He’s fun, at least. Diva Intervention kinda also falls into this category of used to be pretty overpowered and now is... not bad but starts getting useless after a certain point in streaks.
Rainbow Blight, I love! Her playstyle can be annoying and can definitely get you screwed over in high streaks but I just find it fun to watch the buffs and debuffs stack. I feel like she gets a lot better/more fun to play with her MA unlocked but you could say that for any Double really.
As for my own opinions on fighters I find overrated.
Cold Stones. Don’t get me wrong he’s great and all, his SA is simple but super effective, but people hype him up more than he deserves IMO. He’s not better than Wulfsbane unless you don’t have him and/or are too new to afford upgrading a gold. I also just don’t like his color palette.
And speaking of color palettes I don’t like, Love Crafted. I like to mention my disdain for this variant in the chat sometimes. People don’t really like it. I don’t think she’s a bad character at all... actually very strong! It’s just that Bio-Exorcist, a character I already had fully upgraded (and now as a diamond) when LC was introduced, does a lot of the same things, while being the same character, and the same element. Bio basically heavy bleeds constantly, while healing herself, without even having to hit the opponent. All Squiglies can heal block, and all can Wither. Death Mark is nice but I can get by without it. Honestly if LC was a different character I’d find her absolutely great, like say a Ms. Fortune, a Double, a Painwheel, really anybody else with that ability I’d find great, but it just feels like a combination of stuff the reigning champ Squig could already do slightly more efficiently and stuff that any Squig could already do slightly less efficiently... and I don’t like her palette. (I don’t want to get into why but I’ll just say it has nothing to do with the person she’s based on.) So I’ve just stuck with my Bio. I would say LC is a better defense character, though- since you can easily just smack Bio down before she charges, and LC doesn’t need to charge to disable you. I may upgrade her some day but for now I really have no interest.
Aaaand an honorable mention for defense characters that rely solely on buffs- Resonant Evil, Armed Forces, Untouchable (kinda). I don’t like fighting these characters, I’m not crazy, but people act like there’s no counters to them sometimes... bring a Silent Kill or Purrfect Dark to fight RE and he’s basically a sandbag.

Cerebella is pretty much overrated but I think it’s understandable because she has powerful SAs and Upper Hand being vastly the superior option compared to ring leader, thus making her excellent choice in destroying RE and Painwheels with MA, I used to have Diamond Brain Freeze in my original account before ragequit and delete data and I gotta say that she does great job at being diamond but reaching certain levels of her health starts to cripple her badly, even in late streaks which somewhat blocking becomes a problem to her if you want to keep up with high ATK against late streak opponents, the only variant who’s seriously overrated is HQ, sure high ATK with almost little to no drawbacks whatsoever but only making SMs do much damage and having shorter cooldown, so what’s so special about her other than that?

I didn’t honestly know Epic Sax was definitely the strongest Big Band, but I guess he’s bit fine in his place since Big Bands are tanks not mighty glaciers, maybe small damage boost to 75% may not make him broken but at least he can put up with late streak fighters, then again Light fighters doesn’t give many offensive options and perhaps diamond evolving him might not be bad idea.

Rainbow Blight is fun tbh, giving her Chaos MA makes her lethal at best, you can give yourself buffs and give your enemy debuffs while you get her to elemental advantage, not really convinient but more than enough to make her one of the most powerful doubles aside Xeno.

The only variant that I see it very overrated is Buzzkill, I don’t have her (And I won’t bother diamonding her at all) but what’s so great about BK anyway other than perma enrage and heavy bleed? Highest ATK in gold pool, that’s it. Like Splash got that too but she’s garbage because her second SA requires critical head hits which it’s ridiculous, but BK? Just beat them senseless and get Enrage, brain dead easy. No wonder why other painwheels aren’t as famous as she is, i’m Looking forward to Raw Nerv’s buff and hopefully she’ll move to higher tier now that Enrage and Haste activation at higher health threshold (%50 for both) and giving the enemy pseudo perma deathmark making her a noticeable threat on defense.

If you want to say something to my thoughts, i’m open.

The only variant that I see it very overrated is Buzzkill, I don’t have her (And I won’t bother diamonding her at all) but what’s so great about BK anyway other than perma enrage and heavy bleed? Highest ATK in gold pool, that’s it. Like Splash got that too but she’s garbage because her second SA requires critical head hits which it’s ridiculous, but BK? Just beat them senseless and get Enrage, brain dead easy. No wonder why other painwheels aren’t as famous as she is, i’m Looking forward to Raw Nerv’s buff and hopefully she’ll move to higher tier now that Enrage and Haste activation at higher health threshold (%50 for both) and giving the enemy pseudo perma deathmark making her a noticeable threat on defense.

If you want to say something to my thoughts, i’m open.
The thing with Buzzkill is that, with as many hits as Painwheel and her moves deal naturally, she keeps up heavy bleed for a large portion of the match which is more or less the equivalent of a Bio. Add to that the potential for 100% bonus damage (especially with healing opponents that go over 20% hp momentarily just to be brought back down in the next hit), with her already high attack plus whatever attack bonus you give her through moves, and you've got one lethal character. But, if you don't like her, you don't like her. I'm curious as to why you're interested more in Raw Nerv?
Bio-Exorcist, a character I already had fully upgraded (and now as a diamond) when LC was introduced, does a lot of the same things, while being the same character, and the same element. Bio basically heavy bleeds constantly, while healing herself, without even having to hit the opponent. All Squiglies can heal block, and all can Wither. Death Mark is nice but I can get by without it. Honestly if LC was a different character I’d find her absolutely great, like say a Ms. Fortune, a Double, a Painwheel, really anybody else with that ability I’d find great, but it just feels like a combination of stuff the reigning champ Squig could already do slightly more efficiently and stuff that any Squig could already do slightly less efficiently... and I don’t like her palette. (I don’t want to get into why but I’ll just say it has nothing to do with the person she’s based on.) So I’ve just stuck with my Bio. I would say LC is a better defense character, though- since you can easily just smack Bio down before she charges, and LC doesn’t need to charge to disable you. I may upgrade her some day but for now I really have no interest.
You brought up a good point. Some of the diamonds do stand out, but overall I feel that a lot of them had a hard time topping their gold counterpart's SAs while also creating something balanced. I'll take Primed for an example: currently she is, I'd argue, one of the strongest characters in the game due to both her SA and MA as well as potential with Pea Shooter. So, to try top that as well as create a balanced character is difficult, and Summer Salt ended up with an SA many found weird (although I feel would be good in practice). Or, look at Fly Trap. A similar idea to Buzzkill, just reworked and more defensive. Arguably nerfed. Or, as you mentioned, Lovecrafted.

Overall, the diamonds...I don't know. They're good, but are they great? Personally they seem fun, but they're not all quite the OP characters I imagined. Maybe that's for the best, so as to keep the balance.

The thing with Buzzkill is that, with as many hits as Painwheel and her moves deal naturally, she keeps up heavy bleed for a large portion of the match which is more or less the equivalent of a Bio. Add to that the potential for 100% bonus damage (especially with healing opponents that go over 20% hp momentarily just to be brought back down in the next hit), with her already high attack plus whatever attack bonus you give her through moves, and you've got one lethal character. But, if you don't like her, you don't like her. I'm curious as to why you're interested more in Raw Nerv?
Raw Nerv imo most fun painwheel compared to other painwheels, at least you can have fun reaching 5 stacks of enrage bit easier thanks to her higher HP% threshold to trigger and ability to trigger perma death mark will make her so dangerous at chip damaging, she's fun risk and reward type painwheel and i heavily invested her before in my original account, never had any buzzkill to the point i decided to give up entirely on Buzzkill and focus on Nerv, with max MA Grudge and very heavy investment she'll be my most powerful painwheel and tbh i like her color palette.
So that's all i got about Nerv, i don't care much about BK or Flytrap at all and i won't bother investing them if i get either of them.

Raw Nerv imo most fun painwheel compared to other painwheels, at least you can have fun reaching 5 stacks of enrage bit easier thanks to her higher HP% threshold to trigger and ability to trigger perma death mark will make her so dangerous at chip damaging, she's fun risk and reward type painwheel and i heavily invested her before in my original account, never had any buzzkill to the point i decided to give up entirely on Buzzkill and focus on Nerv, with max MA Grudge and very heavy investment she'll be my most powerful painwheel and tbh i like her color palette.
So that's all i got about Nerv, i don't care much about BK or Flytrap at all and i won't bother investing them if i get either of them.
I looked at her SA and I'm not sure where you're getting the Death Mark from - all I'm seeing is Haste and Enrage, but that could be because I don't have her upgraded enough to see the entire thing. I suppose I don't care for the fact that the damage bonus doesn't come until HP is lost, which is almost always something I'm trying to avoid in streaks. You have an interesting perspective on her, though. Thanks for sharing!

Raw Nerv’s Death Mark is coming in 3.1.

Personally i find Bio really overrated. Sure her Drain/Heal is pretty good, but otherwise her damage seems quite lacking to me.

I'd rather take a character that has more upfront damage like Ultraviolent or Primed over the "perma" Heavy Bleed.

Reactions: AwsomeTheMyth
Personally i find Bio really overrated. Sure her Drain/Heal is pretty good, but otherwise her damage seems quite lacking to me.

I'd rather take a character that has more upfront damage like Ultraviolent or Primed over the "perma" Heavy Bleed.
I think she's fun, but yeah, I think I'll still take my Primed over her. Bio is definitely good, but it's reallly satisfying to one shot an opponent

Is there any fighters you find other people love and you don't understand? Post them here and tell us why!

I personally don't have a long list; just a few that I genuinely don't understand. First off is Cerebella in general - don't get me wrong, I like her! But I feel like for a long while, she's been praised for stats and combos when A) She has roughly one (1) said praised combo B) I feel that I could only use three of her variants currently in high streaks, and one is a nat diamond. I think the last point is true of every character, though, so it's not even that I think she's bad. She just...doesn't seem special to me.

Epic Sax. Okay, this is one I have less experience with so my opinion is pretty uninformed. I have mine at around 6k right now, and while he does decent damage, I have a hard time believing he could hold up in high streaks. It's not a little later in a combo that he gains his 50% bonus, and as I've seen on my partially upgraded Heavy Metal, a 50% bonus to a tanky character's attack is good, but not great. I'm not a Big Band user, though, so maybe I'm just missing out.

Lastly, Rainbow Blight. I wanted to like her. I wanted to love her! I currently have two, and I just can't seem to get much use out of her. Her only method of gaining an attack bonus is a short bleed and short enrage stack, by chance, intermittently throughout a match. I have to block without being hit for usually 5-7 seconds for this to actually work, and by then I'm losing so much time turtling that the match becomes boring, and timing out in high streaks seems feasible. The rest of her buffs are good, but honestly more defensive based, which isn't what I'm looking for to play with. She just falls off for me in utility.

Think I'm wrong or stupid? Feel free to tell me! I'm curious to hear everyone's thoughts.

-Cerebella
I have a diamond HQ, max gold head strong, maxing AF understudy brainfreeze and toad. I only have enough leveled good move/bb for 2 bellas. Man I used to hate bellas, because back in the beginning I couldn’t for the love of god figure out how to use her and before she got stealth nerfed on the combo cabilities I lost so many pf streaks to her it hurts to think back. But as time went on and I developed 90% of all “worthy” variants I’m left with every type of Bella (i always had a maxed HQ but she was 2nd line carry back then), so I thought for completion purposes I might as well lvl the others. And as grew in “skill” of this game I’m now somewhat adapt at using Bellas. Before long I invested in a lot of them and had fun fighting with HQ AF and headstrong. I don’t know what makes her a good carry, but she just kills. I blink and I already won. And I think that’s why people love her so much.

-epic sax
bigband always felt like a sandbag without the umf of dmg. I favor atk above all, to the point all my move/bb must have +atk or they are sold. Epic sax was like my HQ, I maxed him in the beginning when gold fighter pickings are slim. I ignor him when ever I maxed a new fighter to lvl50gold honeymoon period, but after the honeymoon passes I would use my epic sax for a few tough fights and go “hey he’s pretty good/deadly”. I think epic still have great SA and enough HP to survive like 2 mistakes. What would make him great is awesom move/bb stat boost.
Behold
50DA51EA-399B-4FEB-AE83-E46607680F16.png

-Rainbow blight
I think a lot of ppl misunderstood rainbows SA. Blocking for buff is not the objective, the inevitable seconds of blocking will give your rainbow damn good buffs and make the fight is the goal. Rainbow already have awesom atk. All you have to do is learn a few double combos and she can tear through hands down anything. I have not meet a team my rainbow can’t beat yet, except rift bossnode with sacrosanct that’s suicide.

Take your time with these fighters. Give them a chance when you have coins abundant.

Edit upload a pic

Rainbow is worthy of the hype in my opinion. Along with Chaos she has Hex and Immune to counter basically every character in the game. The other buffs she gains along the way is just a bonus, with the noteworthy ones being Air for Blockbuster Disable and Water for the pseudo invincibility when you need to eat a BB3.

Rainbow is worthy of the hype in my opinion. Along with Chaos she has Hex and Immune to counter basically every character in the game. The other buffs she gains along the way is just a bonus, with the noteworthy ones being Air for Blockbuster Disable and Water for the pseudo invincibility when you need to eat a BB3.

Not to mention Bleed (fire debuff) and Heal Block (Dark debuff).

A lot of Double's stronger moves can easily be fit into the enrage timer with the exception of her BB3s which you normally use as an excute (Nightmare) or additional meter control (Megalith).

Not to mention Bleed (fire debuff) and Heal Block (Dark debuff).

A lot of Double's stronger moves can easily be fit into the enrage timer with the exception of her BB3s which you normally use as an excute (Nightmare) or additional meter control (Megalith).
See, that's the thing, I just feel that stuff like disables and immunity have never been a deal breaker in a battle. I guess I get it to some extent, but with fighters without a direct (reliable) damage boost, my biggest concern is timing out in high streaks. A few seconds of enrage and bleed a handful of times in a fight doesn't seem that great. I guess her playstyle just isn't for me, with all the blocking. I have other fighters that gain more damage just by a normal juggle combo, so I'll stick with those.

I'll build her eventually. I want to like her...plus I have two sitting in my collection.

Rainbow is indeed worthy of the hype. As Fel said, most of her buffs are just bonuses to make the fight easier for you because they help you outpace debuffers if you face them. They're not there to make blocking the objective, but rather to give you large spikes in power during the seconds where you have to block. The important buffs she gains are immunity and armor for when you need to eat a BB3. The important debuffs are hex and disable blockbusters. When combined with Chaos, she can counter almost every character in the game. The other buffs/debuffs just add on to her power. All you need are a few Double combos and Rainbow will do work. Maybe you just need to practice a combo or two? Idk. Xeno is still better as of now though

Now, to get to the point of this thread
One fighter that I definitely feel is overrated is Beat Box. On the official tier list, he's ranked an A. I feel he deserves a B. I used to use Beat Box a lot and honestly, the only good part about him is the meter gain. His attack stat is more on the abysmal side, being that its only about 3.8k at level 50 as a gold and is barely above 8k at level 60. He's also frail for a Big Band, with only 55k health. So if you get hit, you're probably gonna go down. Enrage is a great buff, but 5 seconds isn't a lot of time to make use of it. I feel he's at his best as a bronze or silver. After that, he has to compete with better fighters with massively better stats.

Another one that I feel is overrated is Harlequin. By no means is she bad, but she's not too special. All her SA does is boost specials. There are certain fighters which would enjoy this, but the majority probably don't care about it. I feel she gets a little more credit than she deserves.

Resonant evil big band. I see people on the chat claiming it to be the best big band all the time and thats just silly. You don’t really play resonant evil (why?), you just put it there so the ai can use it to annoy and stump other players.

Resonant evil big band. I see people on the chat claiming it to be the best big band all the time and thats just silly. You don’t really play resonant evil (why?), you just put it there so the ai can use it to annoy and stump other players.
To be fair, that is his purpose. He's defensive rather than offensive, so he's there for the AI to annoy other players in streaks. You can get a lot of points from winning a match with your defense team in prize fights.
Rainbow is indeed worthy of the hype. As Fel said, most of her buffs are just bonuses to make the fight easier for you because they help you outpace debuffers if you face them. They're not there to make blocking the objective, but rather to give you large spikes in power during the seconds where you have to block. The important buffs she gains are immunity and armor for when you need to eat a BB3. The important debuffs are hex and disable blockbusters. When combined with Chaos, she can counter almost every character in the game. The other buffs/debuffs just add on to her power. All you need are a few Double combos and Rainbow will do work. Maybe you just need to practice a combo or two? Idk. Xeno is still better as of now though

Now, to get to the point of this thread
One fighter that I definitely feel is overrated is Beat Box. On the official tier list, he's ranked an A. I feel he deserves a B. I used to use Beat Box a lot and honestly, the only good part about him is the meter gain. His attack stat is more on the abysmal side, being that its only about 3.8k at level 50 as a gold and is barely above 8k at level 60. He's also frail for a Big Band, with only 55k health. So if you get hit, you're probably gonna go down. Enrage is a great buff, but 5 seconds isn't a lot of time to make use of it. I feel he's at his best as a bronze or silver. After that, he has to compete with better fighters with massively better stats.

Another one that I feel is overrated is Harlequin. By no means is she bad, but she's not too special. All her SA does is boost specials. There are certain fighters which would enjoy this, but the majority probably don't care about it. I feel she gets a little more credit than she deserves.
I just need to build my RB and come back to this, tbh. I didn't mean for this thread to focus so much on her lol

As for the rest of that - I totally forgot Beat Box was ranked that high. Yikes. I'm with you on this one. I might even drop him to a C. And HQ, yeah. I do like her! I just don't think she's OP like I've heard.

Reactions: theLoneskull
I think HQ mostly has her reputation because she had the highest FS in the game for so long. Remember before we could choose our rep fighters and everyone’s icon was Harley because if you had her maxed there just straight up were no other fighters that could be there? She’s no more OP than other good golds like Primed, it’s just that she’s versatile and has beefy stats.

Reactions: cappatacus
And speaking of color palettes I don’t like, Love Crafted. I like to mention my disdain for this variant in the chat sometimes. People don’t really like it. I don’t think she’s a bad character at all... actually very strong! It’s just that Bio-Exorcist, a character I already had fully upgraded (and now as a diamond) when LC was introduced, does a lot of the same things, while being the same character, and the same element. Bio basically heavy bleeds constantly, while healing herself, without even having to hit the opponent. All Squiglies can heal block, and all can Wither. Death Mark is nice but I can get by without it. Honestly if LC was a different character I’d find her absolutely great, like say a Ms. Fortune, a Double, a Painwheel, really anybody else with that ability I’d find great, but it just feels like a combination of stuff the reigning champ Squig could already do slightly more efficiently and stuff that any Squig could already do slightly less efficiently... and I don’t like her palette. (I don’t want to get into why but I’ll just say it has nothing to do with the person she’s based on.) So I’ve just stuck with my Bio. I would say LC is a better defense character, though- since you can easily just smack Bio down before she charges, and LC doesn’t need to charge to disable you. I may upgrade her some day but for now I really have no interest.

As a love crafted enthusiast, I must disagree with the part that love crafted’s sa fits more to those non-squigly. Sure every other squigly can do heal block, but heal block generally happens nearly at the end of the combo due to inferno of Leviathan being used in mid to end of combo. Love crafted’s heal block, on the other hand, happens way faster, thus blocking healing more efficiently. Her disable blockbuster is very helpful when you have cornered your opponent because it completely prevents any surprise blockbuster that might ruin the beating even if wither does not proc or when you cannot use blockbuster or ash to ash(if you ever use that thing). Also, because you don’t have to not use both dragon charges in a combo to do 2% health reduction per second, you have little to no restrictions on combos. Bascially, if bio exorcist's sa is more on bypassing any anti debuff modifiers chip enemies damage while gaining health at a cost of slightly limited combo, love crafted's sa is more on consistently preventing any potential blockbuster counterattacks or heals(unless they have sacrosanct) to make sure your offense does not get interrupted.

P.S. plz do understand that cuz LC is my first diamond, I have extra affection and biases towards her.