• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Overrated Fighters

Wulfbane is always at the top of my list of overrated characters.

I get why people like him: Heal block can be useful, Beowolf has some debuffs, doing extra damage is good, has high stats by default. But for a while there he was consistently being called the Best character, which is absurd. There are characters with so much more going on for them than just a +50% damage buff part of the time.

But I'm also not much of a Beowulf fan to start with. Nothing about him meshes well with me.

Reactions: Inked
More Overrated Fighters to me:

1- Bio Exorcist: Like what ryouhi said about exorcist, nothing spectacular other than being brain dead easy to use and has bad ATK, whenever I see my defense team doing I always see Exorcist just did murdered my team like usual, surprise surprise. I prefer any fighter who just brute forced my team rather than just exorcist doing that stuff for them, even if my team was buffed in late streaks.

2- Bloodbath: Oh surprise surprise, the best Eliza in town! Just shut up, just because she counters bleed doesn’t make her the best variant in the game, her bleed can be destroyed by other variants, but of course nobody talks about other Eliza variants because the only thing she does is spamming blockbusters with little to no effort and watch your enemies getting melted by her. Scarlet Viper sure lacks ATK but her bleed lasts 5 seconds longer and gains Enrage and requires when to use her Sekhmet Blockbusters carefully and when to taunt as well, making her more strategic than BBath.

3- Wulfsbane: What’s the deal with this guy other than being debuff nuker? Heal Block and Cripple, while cripple is nigh useless he’s praised for stopping heal, even though it’s a 50% and may not happen if RNG does not like you at all, and does 50% vs debugged enemy like his bronze sibling does vs stunned enemies, I’m sure Dragon Brawler isn’t talked much thanks to this guy taking the spotlight from him.

Once again, i’m open if you want talk about my thoughts on these guys.

I’d love to add defensive fighters but i’ll leave them alone since they’re defensive after all.

@Awsome Honestly, I have no problem with my fighters being “braindead”. I don’t really care about using extensive strategy in a mobile game, for that, I’d turn to a more full, open gaming experience. Not to rag on you for preferring strategic fighters, that’s great! I’m just lazy with this game and that’s really what it amounts to, and I think that’s probably the case for a lot of other people too- hence why so many of the most popular variants, ie Bio, Buzz, Harley etc, have very accessible, easy to use SAs and why characters that require a bit more timing and planning like Dragon Brawler, Hack n Splash, Scarlet etc are either less beloved or just looked at as straight up bad. Also as for Squigly, most of her variants have pretty garbage attack, so the one with easy constant HP drain was bound to be most popular. The only other one that’s really long term offensively viable on her own (discounting Nat Diamonds) is Poltergust, who I also love.
@Pepper Understandable- I’m kind of the opposite. LC was my first natural diamond too, but I had already decided before getting her that I didn’t want her, so I immediately had a lot of bias against her lol. I still, personally, would like her SA more if it was attached to somebody who couldn’t normally Heal Block, Disable, Heavy Bleed and/or Death Mark. Despite what I said above I’d rather just work harder to fit those statuses in at the end of a combo than spend tons of coins and SP on a character who can do it faster who I don’t like the palette of. Like how I probably wouldn’t invest in Stand Out, at least not quickly, if I got her, since Bloody Valentine essentially does the same thing but has to wait til the end of combos.

1- Bio Exorcist: Like what ryouhi said about exorcist, nothing spectacular other than being brain dead easy to use and has bad ATK, whenever I see my defense team doing I always see Exorcist just did murdered my team like usual, surprise surprise. I prefer any fighter who just brute forced my team rather than just exorcist doing that stuff for them, even if my team was buffed in late streaks.

2- Bloodbath: Oh surprise surprise, the best Eliza in town! Just shut up, just because she counters bleed doesn’t make her the best variant in the game, her bleed can be destroyed by other variants, but of course nobody talks about other Eliza variants because the only thing she does is spamming blockbusters with little to no effort and watch your enemies getting melted by her. Scarlet Viper sure lacks ATK but her bleed lasts 5 seconds longer and gains Enrage and requires when to use her Sekhmet Blockbusters carefully and when to taunt as well, making her more strategic than BBath.

3- Wulfsbane: What’s the deal with this guy other than being debuff nuker? Heal Block and Cripple, while cripple is nigh useless he’s praised for stopping heal, even though it’s a 50% and may not happen if RNG does not like you at all, and does 50% vs debugged enemy like his bronze sibling does vs stunned enemies, I’m sure Dragon Brawler isn’t talked much thanks to this guy taking the spotlight from him.

I’d love to add defensive fighters but i’ll leave them alone since they’re defensive after all.

For exorcist and bbath, i think you are more criticizing the unhealthy design rather than talking about the overrated characteristics, though I agree with you on the negative part of their character design.

Exorcist is considered SS class mostly becuase her drain does not get impacted by anti debuff modifiers like sacrosanct and gene therapy, she pretty much has heavy regen and can also have additional heavy regen from SG, and her high health pool. Other than the high health pool, these qualities are something that is exclusive to only bio exorcist and that is what make people to consider her as SS class.

Bloodbath and Wulfsbane are fine in general. What really makes them SS tier is not because they are op but because MOST(not all) other varients are lacking compared to them. Both eliza and beowolf have good bronze, mediocre silver, 1 good gold, 1 fine gold, 1 worthless gold, 1 weak diamond. Because bronze has bad stats, silver has mediocore to bad SA(scarlet viper is risky compared to bbath), it is obvious that players look at wulfsbane and bloodbath as the best of all variants as their SA is nice and easy.

In conclusion, these three are not really overrated in my opinion because bio is actually has a very unique and powerful SA, and bbath and wbane is just.. ... other variants aren’t that great compared to them.

Well, thanks to Harlequin's SA, she can perform a MGR + Battle Butt infinite combo against every fighter in the game. She's not overrated. It's just that doing so vs tanks and fighters with 200%+ HP/ATK modifiers is way too slow when you can just deploy a BKill.

And people who think Bio's braindead OP clearly haven't played her on 50+ win streaks. I used to think the same until I started timing out all the time before building 90%+ bonus ATK. She's safe is all. LCrafted's way better offensively than her.

Reactions: cappatacus
Rainbow is indeed worthy of the hype. As Fel said, most of her buffs are just bonuses to make the fight easier for you because they help you outpace debuffers if you face them. They're not there to make blocking the objective, but rather to give you large spikes in power during the seconds where you have to block. The important buffs she gains are immunity and armor for when you need to eat a BB3. The important debuffs are hex and disable blockbusters. When combined with Chaos, she can counter almost every character in the game. The other buffs/debuffs just add on to her power. All you need are a few Double combos and Rainbow will do work. Maybe you just need to practice a combo or two? Idk. Xeno is still better as of now though

Now, to get to the point of this thread
One fighter that I definitely feel is overrated is Beat Box. On the official tier list, he's ranked an A. I feel he deserves a B. I used to use Beat Box a lot and honestly, the only good part about him is the meter gain. His attack stat is more on the abysmal side, being that its only about 3.8k at level 50 as a gold and is barely above 8k at level 60. He's also frail for a Big Band, with only 55k health. So if you get hit, you're probably gonna go down. Enrage is a great buff, but 5 seconds isn't a lot of time to make use of it. I feel he's at his best as a bronze or silver. After that, he has to compete with better fighters with massively better stats.

Another one that I feel is overrated is Harlequin. By no means is she bad, but she's not too special. All her SA does is boost specials. There are certain fighters which would enjoy this, but the majority probably don't care about it. I feel she gets a little more credit than she deserves.
Beatbox can consistently get off a BB3 with one dash attack so I'd say A tier is fine. His stats do suffer but it can be patched up with move stats thanks to enrage.

I get the feeling that you're bashing most of these top tier fighters for their simplicity. Correct me if I'm wrong, but is it because of that simplicity that you don't like them? If that's the case, I respect it entirely

Reactions: Tom Kulczewski
I just want to note that I made this thread mostly so we could all be a little more openminded about fighters we don't use. If there's a fighter you've listed here as overrated, maybe try building one if you haven't already. You could find something you like! That's the dream with my Rainbow Blight anyhow. I just don't want this thread to seem like the negative cousin to the Underrated Fighters thread.

I get the feeling that you're bashing most of these top tier fighters for their simplicity. Correct me if I'm wrong, but is it because of that simplicity that you don't like them? If that's the case, I respect it entirely
Yeah, I think I got little bit carried over there, but yeah I prefer complex fighters over simple ones for instance: if I want to have fun and challenge, i’d use Blood Drive or any fighter that looks bad but can be good when built right, sans most bronzes or fighters with nigh impossible to use SA.

Reactions: theLoneskull
Yeah, I think I got little bit carried over there, but yeah I prefer complex fighters over simple ones for instance: if I want to have fun and challenge, i’d use Blood Drive or any fighter that looks bad but can be good when built right, sans most bronzes or fighters with nigh impossible to use SA.
I feel like not a lot of people reach for those so it's nice to see someone vouch for them! What are some of those silvers and bronzes you use?

Reactions: theLoneskull

You probably did get a little carried away, but regardless, its definitely nice to see someone that vouches for them. I use them here and there, but I kinda wanna use them more :p
What are those unnamed silvers/bronzes you use?

Reactions: Zachary Baumstark
You probably did get a little carried away, but regardless, its definitely nice to see someone that vouches for them. I use them here and there, but I kinda wanna use them more :p
What are those unnamed silvers/bronzes you use?
I feel like not a lot of people reach for those so it's nice to see someone vouch for them! What are some of those silvers and bronzes you use?

Blood Drive: Suicidal version of Buzzkill, but unlike her which she needs to wear her enemy down to 25% hp, she can get Enrage via self bleeding which gives her the ultimate glass cannon experience for someone who wants to try out Budget Buzzkill, you can either make her pseudo Buzzkill but weaker with enough bleed resistances and reduce her self murdering rate or go all out with her ultimate glass cannon motive and destroy them before they get any chance to get your Blood Drive, got all 5 bleeds in one go? Switch out with another fighter who will go and finish what she started while she recovers.

Number One: Sure, weakest Beowulf in silver pool, but I think his SA needs either rework to make his chances of getting enrage higher or make Hasted and Enrage duration last x1.5 longer to compensate his abysmal stats and 1/5 of getting enrage while hasted, in the beginning he was best Beowulf in silver pool before hypeman got upgraded, his weak stats was somewhat negated by his SA, getting haste when enemy tags in sounds really scary on paper when invested heavily and properly, right now he’s in a bad spot after introduction of Hypeman’s upgraded SA and Wrestler X being offensive defensive fighter (Gains regen for every 10% lost which can be quite painstaking without right counters), kinda shame that he looks good but went down straight to dumpster after all these months of him being around, especially the idea of getting buffs vs enemy tag ins so hopefully he’ll shine along with his silver brothers again one day.

Sketchy: While mostly support, after getting that sweet Immunity and Curse, she has improved her role as support type peacock, despite her bronze stats holding her back. Nonetheless, she can serve as a middle finger against difficult modifiers or even skin irritating rift modifier in 3.1 version, making her somewhat good to use at silver evolved fighter or Gold to clean up the rest of the team.

Sundae: I feel like she’s not as famous as Doublicious or her gold siblings because of her bronze stats, but we keep overlooking that she can be offensive support double that can also carry like her Chaos MA siblings, while cheapest to upgrade her SA makes her Debuffs she makes last 3 seconds longer, which can mean much in foiling support fighters or annoying defense fighter and leaving them to a hopeless fight against her, and her debuff reduction can immensely help too in some pfs, like Off-Tempo/Evil Presence/Final Curse and most annoying debuffs you encounter in the game, in rifts she can support you as defense and offense fighter altogether, especially in barbed wire nodes, did I mention once you max out her Chaos MA she’ll make any debuff lasts 23 seconds longer, very impressive huh?

Hair Apparent: She’s not as strong as Windswept, but damn is she fun to use! She’s the playable version of Zoetrope except the tag in refreshment, once a mix of Rerun and Harlequin formed together as very weak version of it, but now she can be almost close to Windswept when you use taunt along with her new SA, Blockbuster refreshing SMs can make her quite powerful fighter to utilize bleed and also reaching BB3 similar fashion to Windswept, making her somewhat budget version of her albeit bit complicated to use.

Robocopy: A Big Band with probably highest ATK in the game without relying on RNG (Highest is Megasonic and Heavy Metal), destroying an enemy to make him do something looks scary on paper despite that you can make it practical with right move set, at 50% Def with 2 Armor stack on kill is nothing to laugh at, it can save you from most BB3 if you don’t want to get eaten by those, and 2 stacks of enrage to make up his decent attack to make him indeed scary to fight, I feel like he gets little credits for what he does but I understand that big bands aren’t mighty glaciers (High ATK and HP but bad Mobility) and their role is simple Tanks, maybe one day could buff him to make him competitive gold replacement if you don’t have Epic Sax.

I have more to say later, for now enjoy these little infos about those guys. Apologies for getting carried away though :/

Blood Drive: Suicidal version of Buzzkill, but unlike her which she needs to wear her enemy down to 25% hp, she can get Enrage via self bleeding which gives her the ultimate glass cannon experience for someone who wants to try out Budget Buzzkill, you can either make her pseudo Buzzkill but weaker with enough bleed resistances and reduce her self murdering rate or go all out with her ultimate glass cannon motive and destroy them before they get any chance to get your Blood Drive, got all 5 bleeds in one go? Switch out with another fighter who will go and finish what she started while she recovers.
Woah, finally someone else that enjoys Blood Drive? I cannot believe my eyes!

Reactions: AwsomeTheMyth
Woah, finally someone else that enjoys Blood Drive? I cannot believe my eyes!
I think a lot of people do, but tier lists generally score her low because she can essentially kill herself. Most seem to agree that she kills faster than she can be killed though. I haven't built her, but she has a special place in my heart as my first silver.