• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Characters Painwheel - Raw Nerv [Buff]

SvenZ

Reaction score
1719167597106.png1719167564215.png1719167619438.png
Raw Nerv is a very outdated variant, which offers very little utility in both defense and offense. There are far easier, faster and more effective ways of acquiring Death Mark, so using her as death fodder to trigger the effect is very suboptimal. This rework aims to fix that

Signature Ability 1
Unchanged

Gain permanent ENRAGE and HASTE when your HEALTH drops below 25/35/50%.​
Reasons for keeping SA1 the same:
1. In my first remake proposal, I had SA1 completely changed, with the idea of keeping Raw Nerv a strong defensive variant. My opinion has since changed. Both because I'd like to give her more variety in her gameplay and so we can retain some of her legacy feel.

Signature Ability 2
Old

Inflict permanent DEATH MARK when your HEALTH drops below 15/20/25%.​
New

Every 15/12/10 seconds inflict DEATH MARK and gain UNFLINCHING while benefiting from ENRAGE​

Notes:
- Death Mark lasts 10 seconds
- Unflinching last 5 seconds
Reasons for SA2 change
1. We effectively keep the Death Mark from her old SA2, but now you don't have to go below 25% health. In fact, you only need to have ENRAGE, which can be obtained from a lot of Support variants, and most importantly Pain Wheel's own abilities! I'm referring to her Taunt and Hatred Install BB.

2. Raw Nerv is now also better on defense. Unflinching can be annoying for certain variants to deal with. Given that she's a Prize Fight reward, she'll be a decent defender for a lot of new players, and subsequently can be utilized in early game meta more.

3. Due to her SA2 now applying Death Mark much sooner, and with her gaining Unflinching, she can be a lot more aggressive on offense, making her even better for new players who are just starting out.

4. This is a thematic change as well. Evangelion Unit 01, the character Raw Nerv is based on, goes head first into fights and goes absolutely berserk, disregarding pain. So Unflinching fits it to a tee.

Changelog
SA1
- Gain permanent ENRAGE for every 40/35/30% HEALTH lost. A stack of ENRAGE is lost when knocked down.

Notes: works with regenerated health, so she can potentially reach 5 enrage stacks. These changes aim at giving her a light boost, while also being more thematically accurate to the source material

SA2
- Gain Unflinching UNFLINCHING and FINAL STAND for 5/10/15 seconds when your HEALTH drops below 15%

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr.Radium
I'll format this suggestion later.

SA1
- Gain permanent ENRAGE for every 40/35/30% HEALTH lost. A stack of ENRAGE is lost when knocked down.

SA2
- Gain Unflinching UNFLINCHING and FINAL STAND for 5/10/15 seconds when your HEALTH drops below 15%

SA1 works with regenerated health, so she can potentially reach 5 enrage stacks. These changes aim at giving her a light boost, while also being more thematically accurate to the source material
Nice! but in my opinion, it hurts to remove permanent haste and death mark…
Btw I have posted the same thing before, so I'm going to post it here again.

Raw nerv 🟣
Sig1: Gain permanent 2 stacks of ENRAGE and HASTE when your health drops below 50%.

Sig2: Inflict permanent DEATH MARK and gain FINAL STAND for 15 seconds when your health drops below 25%.

• Currently, many fighters have abilities to get multiple enrage, so it is good time to increase the enrage stack.

• Permanent death mark is truly powerful if you increased crit rate and crit damage a lot, but since her defense is really low, the main strategy is to sacrifice her and leave it to the successor. By making it possible to obtain a final stand there, it is possible to make a last spurt, and it is expected that it will be easier to entrust it to the successor without leaving any regrets.

• It may be criticized, but I personally don’t want her to remove permanent haste and death mark, because it's a part of her personality that has defined her for years, and has not been changed in previous rework. The idea behind my fighter reworking suggestions is not to eliminate the original abilities completely, but to maintain and add further enhancements. (However, there are cases where this method is not straightforward, such as Weave…)

• It seems both of us thinks adding final stand would be a good adjustment!

Last edited:
Reactions: SvenZ
Nice! but in my opinion, it hurts to remove permanent haste and death mark…
Btw I have posted the same thing before, so I'm going to post it here again.

Raw nerv 🟣
Sig1: Gain permanent 2 stacks of ENRAGE and HASTE when your health drops below 50%.

Sig2: Inflict permanent DEATH MARK and gain FINAL STAND for 15 seconds when your health drops below 25%.

• Currently, many fighters have abilities to get multiple enrage, so it is good time to increase the enrage stack.

• Permanent death mark is truly powerful if you increased crit rate and crit damage a lot, but since her defense is really low, the main strategy is to sacrifice her and leave it to the successor. By making it possible to obtain a final stand there, it is possible to make a last spurt, and it is expected that it will be easier to entrust it to the successor without leaving any regrets.

• It may be criticized, but I personally don’t want her to remove permanent haste and death mark, because it's a part of her personality that has defined her for years, and has not been changed in previous rework. The idea behind my fighter reworking suggestions is not to eliminate the original abilities completely, but to maintain and add further enhancements. (However, there are cases where this method is not straightforward, such as Weave…)

• It seems both of us thinks adding final stand would be a good adjustment!
Thank you for the feedback!

My reason for removing the Haste, is because with the change you can reach up to 5 stacks of Enrage, thus making her a very good hard hitter. Raw Nerv is a purely defense oriented character, and you have 0 reason to ever pick her up on Offense, so the buffs when going to low HP need to be noticeable and fast, even more so considering Painwheel's low HP.

Deathmark can indeed be good, but it's debatable in my eyes how worth it it is. Again, you gain a big chunk of damage via the Enrage stacks, much more than before, so the Deathmark is just more damage. Trigger HP threshold should also be 15%, so you can get more benefits from the Final Stand. Unflinching also allows you to benefit from the Enrage stacks, as you can catch the enemy off-guard with an Unflinching Pinion Dash, which will deal massive damage

As for keeping the Deathmark for offense purposes, that's quite wasted. Painwheel can already access Deatmark via Burst, and many other characters already have an easy on-demand Deathmark, so a permanent one isn't that big of a benefit

Good! I will now work on my Raw Nerve, she has been gathering dust for years, also please do something about Megalomanic, her SA is tough to tackle.

I've completely reworked my suggestion. I've taken into account feedback by several people and I aimed at keeping this variant as true to its source material as possible.

As such, I took a step back and re-considered remaking SA1. I believe that for both thematic and gameplay reasons, it should stay the same.

SA2 on the other hand is completely changed

Old

New

Every 15/12/10 seconds inflict DEATH MARK and gain UNFLINCHING while benefiting from ENRAGE​

Notes:

This version of Raw Nerv is both good on offense and defense. She may not excel at it, but that's fine. She's a Prize Fight reward, and may be a lot of people's first gold PW. As such, she's an excellent starter character for both offense and defense, and will see rotation for early game players. Due to her frequent Death Mark application, she can also see use in late game strats as well. Lastly, she now has better synergy with the rest of her kits, namely those which grant you Enrage, such as her taunt and Hatred Install BB.

The thread has also been formatted to be more appealing

@Aoskull I'd love hear your feedback

Last edited:
Now that's a Raw Nerve I can get behind, I'm sure more experienced players would make her even better but I wouldn't mind having this rework. Good work!

• Love
I've completely reworked my suggestion. I've taken into account feedback by several people and I aimed at keeping this variant as true to its source material as possible.

As such, I took a step back and re-considered remaking SA1. I believe that for both thematic and gameplay reasons, it should stay the same.

SA2 on the other hand is completely changed

Old

New

Notes:

This version of Raw Nerv is both good on offense and defense. She may not excel at it, but that's fine. She's a Prize Fight reward, and may be a lot of people's first gold PW. As such, she's an excellent starter character for both offense and defense, and will see rotation for early game players. Due to her frequent Death Mark application, she can also see use in late game strats as well. Lastly, she now has better synergy with the rest of her kits, namely those which grant you Enrage, such as her taunt and Hatred Install BB.

The thread has also been formatted to be more appealing

@Aoskull I'd love hear your feedback

I’m here! Here’s my suggestions:

• Again, many fighters can use multiple enrages, it is good time to increase enrage stack by 1.

• In my opinion, it feels unflinching doesn't work so well with Painwheel. Her durability is really low against all fighters, so even if she gained it, it will not make sense if she couldn’t withstand the powerful attacks and get killed (especially in high-streak PF or No mercy PR). her overall performance relies on instantaneous firepower and short kill time, the time lag before it activate is also a little problem.

• Due to this, final stand is really needed for her now considering her current sigs.

I’m here! Here’s my suggestions:

• Again, many fighters can use multiple enrages, it is good time to increase enrage stack by 1.

• In my opinion, it feels unflinching doesn't work so well with Painwheel. Her durability is really low against all fighters, so even if she gained it, it will not make sense if she couldn’t withstand the powerful attacks and get killed (especially in high-streak PF or No mercy PR). her overall performance relies on instantaneous firepower and short kill time, the time lag before it activate is also a little problem.

• Due to this, final stand is really needed for her now considering her current sigs.
Thanks for the quick reply!

My arguments for not giving her final stand were the following

1. Thought it would be both broken and annoying to give her final stand every 10sec. Even if it lasted just 5 sec

2. Unflinching is pretty good with certain PW abilities, like Pinion Dash. Plus I considered it a good new player friendly type of buff. It allows you to win poke foghts vs thr AI, guarentee grabs, guaranteed Pinion Dashes etc..., while also being troublesome to deal with. Again, all of these points are for early-mid game, where damage isn't insanely high

But now that Raw Nerv got reworked, this thread serves very little purpose. I initially disliked her rework in 6.3, as it looked to be purely defensive based. However after second thoughts, it's actually viable for both! So I'm happy with that