• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Parasoul's frame data feels kinda... off.

fatfursatan

Reaction score
Sorry if these complaints all extend to the fighting game and I look like a noob.

But, say... Her charge attack, Napalm Pillar? Has MASSIVE range relative to the animation. Meanwhile, her tears, which have a satisfying, splashy blast? They only seem to land when characters are in the DEAD center of the tear, near its core.

And her specials are kinda weird, too. Like, Egret Moto can be interrupted by attacking into the bikes, but the bikes don't explode or tumble over or give any kind of feedback, and no other projectiles (as far as I know) work like that. You can also interrupt it even after Parasoul's pulled out and started talking into her walkie-talkie.

Silent Scope has a LOT of invulnerability before and after its activation. HOWEVER, all she does in her animation is swivel in place dramatically. There isn't a reason to intuit she would have invulnerability, and other characters with projectiles that have to travel through the air seem to have much smaller windows for interruption. I know it's a Blockbuster, but because of the flexibility of its use AND how it's presented, it seems to me there should be a wider window of vulnerability.

These don't make the gameplay significantly worse or anything, mechanically, but it makes Parasoul feel really janky in fights.

Some BB are easier to punish than others, and it also depends on which character you're using. Punishing a blocked Argus Agony is a lot easier with Filia than with Big Band, because she can dash into melee range a lot quicker.

I don't really like using napalm pillar, since AI blocks it very easily. I don't have the charge-attacks-are-unblockable skill yet, but I am managing fine without using it. On incoming, I would really rather try to dash attack → ground combo instead of charge attacking. The only time I napalm pillar is when I score a knockdown, the opponent gets up on a tear, and the opponent is far enough away to not punish me.

Her specials are quite different compared to the rest of the cast. Some of them are very safe on block, or hard to predict what the AI will do after they use her specials. The AI quickly recovers after using Napalm Shot and I now respect it enough to not to try to punish it. Napalm Shower is particularly weird in that it seems to give you very temporary invulnerability frames. I don't use any of her Egret moves. Silent scope is a solid skill, but by no means OP. It's a single shot, but you have to attack her about a second after you block it to punish her. The same goes for Canopy Bounce. It's true that timing this punish is harder than, say, Big Band's SSJ, but if you have problems, just keep blocking until she throws out something riskier.

Once you get used to the matchup, I think Parasoul is not a hard fight (assuming reasonable FS). I personally find Painwheel and Cerebella harder to fight against than Parasoul. You know what's really janky? Throwing Eliza out of Sekhmet and then getting punished because somehow she broke the throw and then immediately started her ground combo.

Reactions: fatfursatan
Oh, I totally agree she's in the bottom half of hard match-ups. It's not so much about the difficulty as the feel/internal logic of it.