• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Possible Parasoul Variant

Would yall like to see this one day?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

pers63

Reaction score
I though of a possible Parasoul variant Signature ability. It seems pretty balanced but would love to know what you guys thought.

So,
Part 1
Every move/attack spawns a tear. Limit of 15 tears on the screen at once and exploding tears deals 0 damage but still knocks back.

Part 2
For every tear on the screen Parasoul gains a 5% attack boost and for every tear exploded, instantly heal 2% of max health.

The increments for upgrading could go 1%/2%/5% attack boost. 1%/2% instant health.

Interesting! I like the idea of removing the tear cap... I wonder if that is functionably possible!
I wonder what other kind of weird twists could be done to basic character functions.

(Also I moved this to the Parasoul forum since it fits there better)

Interesting! I like the idea of removing the tear cap... I wonder if that is functionably possible!
I wonder what other kind of weird twists could be done to basic character functions.

Oh thanks! I didn't know there was a separate forum.

I though of a possible Parasoul variant Signature ability. It seems pretty balanced but would love to know what you guys thought.

So,
Part 1
Every move/attack spawns a tear. Limit of 15 tears on the screen at once and exploding tears deals 0 damage but still knocks back.

Part 2
For every tear on the screen Parasoul gains a 5% attack boost and for every tear exploded, instantly heal 2% of max health.

The increments for upgrading could go 1%/2%/5% attack boost. 1%/2% instant health.
But, we actually have one Parasoul with insta healing on tear detonation. :/

IMHO, a lot better option could be Vampiric tears, that slowly drains health or giving vampiric buff, depending on spawned tears.

Last edited:
a lot better option could be Vampiric tears, that slowly drains health or giving vampiric buff,
Always been something in my head! I've wanted tears that "do a thing when you're close to them" for a LONG time, but we didn't have that functionality until we did it for Summer Salt.

I'd love to work more with the "while near a tear" mechanic.

Reactions: lothorie
Always been something in my head! I've wanted tears that "do a thing when you're close to them" for a LONG time, but we didn't have that functionality until we did it for Summer Salt.

Vampiric sounds sick! She could he designed really pale and be a 2019 Halloween variant! If it's not possible to increase the tear cap then we'd just have to make each one more valuable. Like more attack boost/ instant health per tear!

Yep, I really appreciate Summersault mechanics. Also I think [near tears] also can drain meter, tears detonation can convert tears in to the 1/2/3 stacks of precision per tear, to make a strong synergy with crit damage, or just buff/debuff randomly.

Last edited:
Vampiric sounds sick! She could he designed really pale and be a 2019 Halloween variant! If it's not possible to increase the tear cap then we'd just have to make each one more valuable. Like more attack boost/ instant health per tear!
Did someone say Skullgirl Palette Parasoul? No? Okay

Part 1

Part 2
For every tear on the screen Parasoul gains a 5% attack boost and for every tear exploded, instantly heal 2% of max health
As much as I love this idea, you have to take into consideration Parasoul's Marquee Abilities, X% bonus to crit rate per tear or 40% bonus to crit damage per tear. I'd say there's usually two or three tears out at a time, for me, which is already 120% bonus damage which is insane. Then increasing tear cap and adding bonus damage to that - yikes. The idea itself is cool, but is too much power mixed with her ma. Inferno Brigade would be an absolute nightmare.

Did someone say Skullgirl Palette Parasoul? No? Okay

As much as I love this idea, you have to take into consideration Parasoul's Marquee Abilities, X% bonus to crit rate per tear or 40% bonus to crit damage per tear. I'd say there's usually two or three tears out at a time, for me, which is already 120% bonus damage which is insane. Then increasing tear cap and adding bonus damage to that - yikes. The idea itself is cool, but is too much power mixed with her ma. Inferno Brigade would be an absolute nightmare.

It would only be a 75% attack boost. idk where 120% is coming from. 15 x 5 = 75 and as soon as tear are detonated the attack boost disappears. The boost is only present while the tears are.

It would only be a 75% attack boost. idk where 120% is coming from. 15 x 5 = 75 and as soon as tear are detonated the attack boost disappears. The boost is only present while the tears are.
I mean the damage boost from her MA on crits. She can gain 40% bonus damage to critical hits when you max her MA Critical Mass, which is already insane on my primed when she has just two or three stacks of enrage. I'm saying, at least for me, I have about two to three, usually three tears out at a time, which means my critical hits average an extra 120% bonus damage. So, if you increase her tear cap and tear production to fifteen while her MA still stands as is, then you're going to have a broken character who can one shot with a Silent Scope. With your SA idea, she would gain 675% bonus damage to critical hits if she has all fifteen tears out. For reference, by Diamond Primed deals about 28/30k on a Silent Scope with enrage and tears, we'll say a 120% bonus at best. For this to work out in a balanced way, you would have to either decrease the cap on this SA or nerf her MA, or make it so that Critical Mass is unavailable for her variant and only Critical Thinking is available.

I mean the damage boost from her MA on crits. She can gain 40% bonus damage to critical hits when you max her MA Critical Mass, which is already insane on my primed when she has just two or three stacks of enrage. I'm saying, at least for me, I have about two to three, usually three tears out at a time, which means my critical hits average an extra 120% bonus damage. So, if you increase her tear cap and tear production to fifteen while her MA still stands as is, then you're going to have a broken character who can one shot with a Silent Scope. With your SA idea, she would gain 675% bonus damage to critical hits if she has all fifteen tears out. For reference, by Diamond Primed deals about 28/30k on a Silent Scope with enrage and tears, we'll say a 120% bonus at best. For this to work out in a balanced way, you would have to either decrease the cap on this SA or nerf her MA, or make it so that Critical Mass is unavailable for her variant and only Critical Thinking is available.

I totally forgot about the marque. It would probably be best to cap it.