• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Bug - Normal Regarding Risky Ginger

Tart

Reaction score
So, with the newest Parasoul nerf that'll be dropping in 4.9, Risky will be more relevant now... But I think everyone who owns one will share this frustration with me: how poorly her first SA works.
C'mon. It's been like that since forever. You intercept a character and you do not get the enrage stack nor apply the death mark. Like, it's ridiculous, it even shows the heart that means it was a counter-attack. For the love of god please fix this already, so this diamond can be slightly good compared to her counterpart...

Reactions: Erick Draves
You're saying that her SA1 has never worked? You've hit a dashing opponent and nothing happened? This is the first I'm hearing of this. Do you have any video of this happening?

I'll take a look and let my team know.

I just checked this out myself on device and it's working as expected. Do you recall where in the game this was happening to you?

Not that it has never worked, but the activation seemed faulty at first... I took a look around and some people have said it's because AI can change to launch or block mid-way dash which explains why some interceptions weren't working.
The counter attack animation (little heart) happened while I was in a PF, and I ended up not receiving the buff so that's what motivated me to make this because it's not the first time it's happened to me. The thing is, there's no way to tell if the AI will change to a launch or block so it almost seemed like the SA wouldn't work. Is there any way of polishing intercept so a last second intercept will still count??
(Regarding video footage, I wasn't recording unfortunately)

(Regarding video footage, I wasn't recording unfortunately)
I took a few minutes to record some proof of it, here it is:

I'm really sorry about quality, my phone usually crashes the recording app with higher quality... But regardless of that, I made sure to duel someone so no modifiers could interfere and you can see how it's not every intercept I get a buff/inflict debuff.
Am I the one doing it wrong? Am I supposed to actually intercept it earlier? I made the video against an Eliza but this seems to happen with every character.

The first dash in, looks like Eliza is going into her launcher move when Parasoul hits her. The next she's going into her dash attack so Parasoul's SA triggers. Similar thing on the next dash Eliza appears to be going into her launcher. Not sure about the last one, looks like Eliza just started to cancel her dash into another move.

Per your earlier comment, it's most likely that your opponents are just cancelling into other moves before getting hit by Parasoul. We're aware of the reports and may make adjustments to make that clearer in future updates.

We're aware of the reports and may make adjustments to make that clearer in future updates.
Oh that would be very much appreciated! I love her playstyle but it's simply frustrating constantly seemingly intercepting but not actually doing it...
If it's not bothersome to ask, if her SA changed to intercepting dashing and attacking opponents instead, would it work better against the current AI playstyle?

It's come up in conversation a handful of times since we have a number of variants with SAs that trigger when interrupting Dash attacks. I'll check with design and see if there's future plans to adjust anything there. No promises though!

It's come up in conversation a handful of times since we have a number of variants with SAs that trigger when interrupting Dash attacks. I'll check with design and see if there's future plans to adjust anything there. No promises though!
I see.
Thank you for the patience and all the replies Mr Bones! I know you all are very dedicated to SGM and the community acknowledges and respects that.
I'm sorry if I sounded rude at the first post!

I just want to note that I’m having the same problem. They dash towards me and half the time it counts and half the time it doesn’t. The intercepts look exactly the same to me. It’s too bad because I think she’s really fun to play with, but it would be way better if her SA was dependable.

Reactions: Tart