• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

BallotBoxer

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2018
Messages
446
Reaction score
1,271
Points
93
Pop your fireworks and slay your monarchs/tyrants! A new Revolutionary Relic is on the way:
announcement tweet said:
We're kicking off 4th of July early! On July 1st, get your hands on a brand new REVOLUTIONARY RELIC featuring favorites (old and new) clad in red, white, and blue!

How long will it be available? What EXCLUSIVE prizes await?! Stay tuned for more details...
(source)

Perhaps a patriotic prize fight will appear as well? More importantly, what's in the box? This is my guess:
rwb.jpg
There are a handful that are definitely red, white, and blue, then a few that are almost following the scheme that might appear. Then what might be a new fighter in each material tier:
  • Star-Spangled Cerebella (diamond)
  • Freedom Fighter Beowulf (gold)
  • Blue Bomber Robo-Fortune (silver)
  • ??? (bronze)
What do you want in the Revolutionary Relic?
 

Dusty00

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2019
Messages
328
Reaction score
494
Points
63
What do you want in the Revolutionary Relic?

Guaranteed new character when spending X amount of Theonites. Nothing feels worse than wasting resources on a “chance”.

For example, 10+1 pulls will guarantee one of the new characters on the bonus relic. So, at least Blue Bomber at like 70% chance, Freedom Fighter 25%, and Star Spangled 5% or so. It’d probably cost 3,000 theonites...

Would also be nice to have a chance to pull elemental exclusive variants.
 
  • Like
Reactions: BallotBoxer

BallotBoxer

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2018
Messages
446
Reaction score
1,271
Points
93
Those elemental exclusive variants are the rarest to get. I'd sooner get struck by lightning twice while finding a winning lotto ticket under a tsuchinoko.

ele.jpg
Elemental Exclusive fighters, a.k.a. "Variants you'll never get"

The odds are listed as 3.5% for gold (and 7.0% for +1 bonus), but that is also competing with the 8-9 other golds in that element (for instance, there are 8 air golds in the game, so 7 chances it won't be Star-Crossed Parasoul in your relic)

This is relevant because Blue Bomber Robo-Fortune has been revealed to be EXCLUSIVELY in the Revolutionary Relic: https://twitter.com/sgmobile/status/1144057846096465921

Well, at least she is silver, so there is a much higher chance (14%?) of getting her. Star-Spangled Cerebella will probably be around 0.5% :eek:
 

Dusty00

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2019
Messages
328
Reaction score
494
Points
63
0.5% is just terrible. It’s probably 1% (2% for the bonus) if following past rates. Even then, that is super low... It’s a marketing philosophy that I can never understand. Any company can choose either:

1. Some amount of gatcha and then guarantee some reward for consolation after a certain amount spent
2. Complete, 100% gatcha

You’d think that more people would spend with option 1, and it boosts customer satisfaction.

Option 2 is pure gambling and exploits people with gambling addiction. Players either don’t spend or they go all in until they get what they want. Those who attempt are very likely to rage quit when RNG doesn’t line you.

I’ve always thought option 1 is a win-win where more players will pay and overall player base is happier. Turns out companies make much more from exploiting a small number of super wealthy individuals with gambling addictions, and overall player satisfaction is not profitable in the long run because the majority of gamers nowadays move on to a new game fairly quickly.

This model can work if end game content does not rely on certain variants. As things are now, It is not the case. You can’t get far in rift without Xeno. If Star-Spangled is Op and can only be obtained exclusively through a time-limited paid item, then its a sign that SGM has gone full P2W.
 

Dusty00

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2019
Messages
328
Reaction score
494
Points
63
Exclusive Fighters from the Revolutionary Relic will be obtainable through other means in the future if you didn't have a chance to get them during the event.
Thank you for clarifying. That’s great news!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Psyche

BallotBoxer

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2018
Messages
446
Reaction score
1,271
Points
93
The announcement tweet said:
On July 1st, get your hands on a brand new REVOLUTIONARY RELIC featuring favorites (old and new) clad in red, white, and blue!
lol, my prediction failed! The new are red, white, and blue, but the others are yellow... and pink... and black...
rwb2.jpg

With Jackpot Relic odds:
Diamond = 1%
Gold = 9%
Silver = 90%
 

Sairus

AKA Cellsai
Moderator
Hidden Variable Dev
Joined
Apr 24, 2019
Messages
420
Reaction score
713
Points
93
Location
Ireland
Did any of y'all pull any Revolution Relics? I got a Blue Bomber in mine... working on getting her to Gold asap!
 

SheriffNick

New Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2018
Messages
7
Reaction score
4
Points
3
Age
33
@Sairus

I pulled a 4pk. I got 2 blue bombers and 2 of the pink doubles. No Beowulf or Valentine exclusives sadly.
 

Gylfie

Active Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2018
Messages
137
Reaction score
128
Points
43
Location
Seattle
Can someone share the SAs for the new fighters? Some people have been putting up pictures of Freedom Fighter's SA, but I still don't know Blue Bomber and Star Spangled's SAs.
 

TonyPartridge30

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2017
Messages
750
Reaction score
679
Points
93
Age
31
Location
New England
I’m a little sad that there is only an offer related to the holiday instead of a special prize fight. Silver lining though is that the exclusive fighters will be grabbable through (hopefully) freeplay in the not-so-distant future.
 

BallotBoxer

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2018
Messages
446
Reaction score
1,271
Points
93
Can someone share the SAs for the new fighters? Some people have been putting up pictures of Freedom Fighter's SA, but I still don't know Blue Bomber and Star Spangled's SAs.
I haven't got any of them (yet!) and no one is posting to the SGM wiki either! :confused:

I’m a little sad that there is only an offer related to the holiday instead of a special prize fight. Silver lining though is that the exclusive fighters will be grabbable through (hopefully) freeplay in the not-so-distant future.
In-game mail mentioned:
Independence Day Celebration said:
Watch for the FIREWORKS SHOW PRIZE FIGHT - a 4-day event starting on the 4th of July with tons of amazing prizes, including REVOLUTIONARY RELICS!

So there is still a chance! I wonder what the "tons of amazing prizes" other than the relics are. (lol at the red rift tickets that came with the Father's Day mail gift)
 

xcapibara

Active Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2018
Messages
173
Reaction score
100
Points
28
Age
39
I’m a little sad that there is only an offer related to the holiday instead of a special prize fight. Silver lining though is that the exclusive fighters will be grabbable through (hopefully) freeplay in the not-so-distant future.

If by freeplay you mean random relics with pitiful odds then maybe. Since they introduced that method with the elemental prize fights it seems to have worked out for them; no direct character gains just relics.
 

Dusty00

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2019
Messages
328
Reaction score
494
Points
63
Can someone share the SAs for the new fighters? Some people have been putting up pictures of Freedom Fighter's SA, but I still don't know Blue Bomber and Star Spangled's SAs.
Her SAs are posted on SGM Twitter with videos of them demonstrating their abilities.
 

Starsmore

Active Member
Joined
Dec 11, 2018
Messages
149
Reaction score
82
Points
28
Age
36
Location
Verona, Italy
Website
www.youtube.com
I'll do the the prize fight but I'm not really interested in the new fighters or in this relic, just Freedom Fighter seems interesting.
 

BallotBoxer

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2018
Messages
446
Reaction score
1,271
Points
93
I don't usually go for premiums, but I felt Hidden Variable deserves it (plus it was half-paid by Google Surveys)
Did any of y'all pull any Revolution Relics? I got a Blue Bomber in mine... working on getting her to Gold asap!
I got 2x Doublicious Double (okay), a Number One Beowulf (the worst in the relic, IMO) and...

cap.jpg
FREEDOM FIGHTER BEOWULF :D

So there's one exact SA, more specific than what was shown on Twitter (the skill branch with all nodes bought). I'd rather have abilities that don't require being hurt first (see Rage Appropriate Painwheel), but 50% sounds fair. I can see his SA being great for attack and defense.
 

BallotBoxer

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2018
Messages
446
Reaction score
1,271
Points
93
Someone was just struck by lightning in the chat, allowing me to capture this:
bel.jpg
I suppose the 15% chance and/or the 5 seconds duration will increase with skill tree unlocks, but how high will they go?
 

SheriffNick

New Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2018
Messages
7
Reaction score
4
Points
3
Age
33
congratz on the Freedom Fighter @BallotBoxer . I was unfortunately "blessed" with 1 Pyro Valentine, 6 Bombers, and 16 doubles after all my relics. No freedom fighter for this guy unless RNGsus blesses my PF relic.
 
  • Like
Reactions: BallotBoxer

FriendlyWolf

Active Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2018
Messages
97
Reaction score
215
Points
33
I got lucky on my pulls and got a freedom fighter (and a dreadlocks)! I now have every beowulf variant again!

Screenshot_20190706-151654_Skullgirls.jpg