• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Fights Reworking Rift battles

Thesmellofman

Reaction score

I was bored and I was thinking the current rift battle system isn't fun and I thought of a new concept for Rift Battles to be more like Competitive Prize fights.

New Rift Battle System Summary:​

Concept:

• Replace the current Rift Battle system with a mode similar to Prize Fights.
  • Players choose 3 special defense nodes, similar to current Rift Battles but without fight limits.
Core Mechanics:

• No Fight Limits: Players can fight as many times as they want. Wins earn points, and losses result in a one point loss.
  • Continuous Climbing: Points are earned and lost based on performance, similar to Clash Royale. Players can climb ranks continuously without a cap on the number of fights.
Match Making:

• More Variety: You can choose up to 4 different fights, and you would still have 2 hour free refreshes to change who you fight but can now also have one free instant refresh once per day, after that point you must wait 2 hours for another refresh or pay 25 theonite to claim a new refresh.
Rank Structure:

1. Bronze (1-4):
    • Bronze 4: 0 - 5 points
    • Bronze 3: 6 - 10 points
    • Bronze 2: 11 - 15 points
    • Bronze 1: 16 - 20 points
  2. Silver (1-4):
    • Silver 4: 21 - 30 points
    • Silver 3: 31 - 40 points
    • Silver 2: 41 - 50 points
    • Silver 1: 51 - 60 points
  3. Gold (1-4):
    • Gold 4: 61 - 75 points
    • Gold 3: 76 - 90 points
    • Gold 2: 91 - 105 points
    • Gold 1: 106 - 120 points
  4. Diamond (1-4):
    • Diamond 4: 121 - 140 points
    • Diamond 3: 141 - 160 points
    • Diamond 2: 161 - 180 points
    • Diamond 1: 181 - 200 points
  5. Legend (1-4):
    • Legend 4: 201 - 230 points
    • Legend 3: 231 - 260 points
    • Legend 2: 261 - 290 points
    • Legend 1: 291+ points
Weekly Reward System:

• Milestone: Players need at least 10 points to qualify for a weekly reward.
  • Additional Rewards: Higher points within a rank or surpassing certain thresholds can yield extra rewards or recognition.
  • Current Reward System: The existing Rift Battle reward system remains unchanged.
Point System:

• Points for Wins: Players earn 1 point for each win.
  • Points for Losses: Players lose 1-3 points if their defense fails, making it less punishing than the current system. From Bronze - Silver you will always lose 1 point if your defense is unsuccessful or if you lose an attack. Gold - Legend you can lose 1-3 points if your defense is unsuccessful and only lose one point if you fail an attack.
Defense Configuration:

• Unique Variants: Players can only have 1 unique variant of a character on defense but can use the same character with different variants to add variety and prevent creating unbeatable defenses.
  • Fight Modifiers: You can still have up to 3 Modifiers of your choice with a weekly 2 unique modifiers depending on the week, Like they have been doing with the current rift battles.
Match Format:

• 3v3 Battles: Matches are formatted similarly to Prize Fights, with 3v3 team setups.
Protection Shields:

• Green Shields: Free 8 hour shields available once per day. Each shield can be used only once per day. You cannot be attacked if a shield is up. But if you attack when a shield is active you lose one hour of protection
  • Red Shields: Earned or purchased shields that provide 12 hours of protection. Can be used only once per day, with a maximum of 3 shields per week. Rules still apply even for red shields; if you attack with an active shield you lose one hour per attack if you attack if you have an active shield.
New Weekly Relic:

• Relic Contents:
    • 20% Chance: Valentine variant "Oh Mai"
    • 10% Chance: Eliza variant "Inner Pieces"
    • Random Gold: Amount ranging from 30,000 to 40,000
    • Block Buster Moves
    • Elemental Shards from 25-100
This updated system is designed to enhance competitiveness, introduce strategic elements with shields, and offer exciting new rewards through the relics, all while keeping the current reward system intact.

I really like the idea of a game mode where players can choose their own modifiers to defend their base without limitation. It's a fresh take on the prize fight concept. However, I do have a couple of concerns.

First, there's a potential for high-level players to exploit the system by continuously farming points once they reach Legend 1. To prevent this, perhaps a cooldown or limitation could be implemented after clearing available nodes.

Second, the reward structure needs some adjustment. The current 40,000 gold per week isn't very enticing for casual players. I suggest making rewards instantaneous like in Parallel Realms, increasing rewards based on rank, and adding a shard system where players earn shards for each defeated base, up to a daily or weekly cap.

Overall, I'm excited about this new game mode and believe it has the potential to keep players engaged.

Reactions: Thesmellofman
I thought for a bit. And found a solution to legends ranks. We could have it so that Legend League is the highest competitive tier and to qualify, you need to reach 200 points or top 1 percentile.

Once there, you will recieve a notice that you've entered Legends League, if you attack, you will automatically enter.

How it could work:
1. Daily Matchups: You're matched against nine other Legend League player nodes daily.
2. Attack and Defend: You can attack nine bases and will be defended against by nine attackers.
3. Trophy System: You gain or lose points based on the nodes cleared and score gained during attacks.
4. No Point Loss: Unlike lower leagues, you don't lose resources when attacked.
5 Stay in Legend League: To remain in Legend League, you must maintain at least 200 points or remain in the top 1 percentile of players. Falling below this will demote you to Diamond rank.

The rewards for being in legend rank should surpass the other ranks as usual. A difference is that you can not farm gold as you have unlimited attacks up until D1

Reactions: Thesmellofman
I thought for a bit. And found a solution to legends ranks. We could have it so that Legend League is the highest competitive tier and to qualify, you need to reach 200 points or top 1 percentile.

Once there, you will recieve a notice that you've entered Legends League, if you attack, you will automatically enter.

How it could work:
1. Daily Matchups: You're matched against nine other Legend League player nodes daily.
2. Attack and Defend: You can attack nine bases and will be defended against by nine attackers.
3. Trophy System: You gain or lose points based on the nodes cleared and score gained during attacks.
4. No Point Loss: Unlike lower leagues, you don't lose resources when attacked.
5 Stay in Legend League: To remain in Legend League, you must maintain at least 200 points or remain in the top 1 percentile of players. Falling below this will demote you to Diamond rank.

I really like the idea of a game mode where players can choose their own modifiers to defend their base without limitation. It's a fresh take on the prize fight concept. However, I do have a couple of concerns.

First, there's a potential for high-level players to exploit the system by continuously farming points once they reach Legend 1. To prevent this, perhaps a cooldown or limitation could be implemented after clearing available nodes.

Second, the reward structure needs some adjustment. The current 40,000 gold per week isn't very enticing for casual players. I suggest making rewards instantaneous like in Parallel Realms, increasing rewards based on rank, and adding a shard system where players earn shards for each defeated base, up to a daily or weekly cap.

Overall, I'm excited about this new game mode and believe it has the potential to keep players engaged.
Well The current rift battle reward system would still be active, so the new relic is a bonus from the usually rewards by giving you the most exclusive variants with some extra prizes, Currently you dont get any gold or bonuses for doing a weekly rift you only get rift tokens and Silver-Gold-Diamond shards. But it could be buffed more depending on ranks.

People have so much free time that they want it to be longer. If you are bored, play against diamond 1, at least there is some interest in the rift.

People have so much free time that they want it to be longer. If you are bored, play against diamond 1, at least there is some interest in the rift.
In all honesty, I'm in D4-3 and that's considered great. But playing against a D1 is painful, I'd rather do something else for resources and rewards.

Well The current rift battle reward system would still be active, so the new relic is a bonus from the usually rewards by giving you the most exclusive variants with some extra prizes, Currently you dont get any gold or bonuses for doing a weekly rift you only get rift tokens and Silver-Gold-Diamond shards. But it could be buffed more depending on ranks.
This a good idea, but I think it should be all exclusive variants so that people are interested. Especially previously new releases, and elemental specials like Parasol Star-Crossed

In all honesty, I'm in D4-3 and that's considered great. But playing against a D1 is painful, I'd rather do something else for resources and rewards.
It already depends on the leveling of your characters and on you. For me, getting diamond 1 is already some kind of It's a trifle, because there are appropriate characters for rifts.​

I can't comment too much, as I personally am not a big fan of Rifts. My only gripe/request is that there's a tier separation like there is for PFs. I.e:

Bronze - only Bronze fighters
Silver - only Silver fighters and below
Gold - only Gold fighters and below
Diamond - Diamond fighters and below

Would be much more newb friendly. There are however some issues with implementing this system, and that's that the community will be too spread out. But even so, I think it'll be a good introductory point for players to Rifts to new players.

• Unique Variants: Players can only have 1 unique variant of a character on defense but can use the same character with different variants to add variety and prevent creating unbeatable defenses.
I'm not sure I understood this part. Can you please clarify

I can't comment too much, as I personally am not a big fan of Rifts. My only gripe/request is that there's a tier separation like there is for PFs. I.e:

Bronze - only Bronze fighters
Silver - only Silver fighters and below
Gold - only Gold fighters and below
Diamond - Diamond fighters and below

Would be much more newb friendly. There are however some issues with implementing this system, and that's that the community will be too spread out. But even so, I think it'll be a good introductory point for players to Rifts to new players.

I'm not sure I understood this part. Can you please clarify
For example you cant put 3 Unholy Host as defense, you need more strategy on your defense, it would be very unfun to fight 3 of the exact same defensive fighters that are very hard to deal with. You can Use one of each Variant so one Unholy host as defense, you can use more of the characters Variants but only one Unique Variant.

Reactions: SvenZ
For example you cant put 3 Unholy Host as defense, you need more strategy on your defense, it would be very unfun to fight 3 of the exact same defensive fighters that are very hard to deal with. You can Use one of each Variant so one Unholy host as defense, you can use more of the characters Variants but only one Unique Variant.
Using the same characters in the rift is already madness. I don't even want to imagine what will happen if they remove the restrictions on the same characters in the rifts, what are you even talking about?

Using the same characters in the rift is already madness. I don't even want to imagine what will happen if they remove the restrictions on the same characters in the rifts, what are you even talking about?
I'm open to criticism but you need to elaborate more. I'm not too deep in the competitive side so of course I might overlook a detail or two.