• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Rift Matchmaking or Bullying "Legally"

Is Rift 2.0 meeting your expectations?

• 0.1%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 40%

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • 70%

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • It is one of the best things that happened in my life.

• I don't play rifts.

• Rift 1.0 was way better than this.

• Total voters

Art3mes

Reaction score
So the coveted 4.2 update came in, we all are happy about everything, the rift, the juicy mission control, etc.
But the rift matchmaking is still, kinda, unsatisfactory.
The first plays were good, we get almost same lvl opponent, everything was running fine.
But after it, when rift scores got different, I get to matched with lvl 70 opponents, yes all 3, all 68-70. As a lvl 63 player, I know I can't beat 100k defense just yet.
So what led to that matchmaking, the rift score? Probably yes, we got same score.
But, thanks to the new update, I can avoid them by refreshing the list, which is good.
But after some refreshes, I came across a lvl 31 defense.
Screenshot_2020-07-02-22-06-19-35_50161ac5d162ce986e07d4150edd27ac.png
I felt really bad for this DiamondHead.
See the the rift score, Almost same.
I can easily clear his defence(which I did) but he can't revenge it.
This leads to many unrevegeable matches.
And I am not spared from this thing.
Screenshot_2020-07-02-22-06-34-23_50161ac5d162ce986e07d4150edd27ac.png Screenshot_2020-07-02-22-06-57-43_50161ac5d162ce986e07d4150edd27ac.png
I have seen there defenses, all around 100k.
So, what can I do?
Play as many matches as possible, yeah that's feel like the only way.

Also, shouldn't the high lvl players avoid the low lvl ones? I dunno.
What do you guys think?

Reactions: Robokit
I don't think high levels and low levels should avoid each other.
People with stronger collections should naturally be able to gain a higher rank. In old rifts, we were matched based on our collection strength, which meant a lot of high level players were stuck in the Rookie rank where they didn't belong, which wasn't fair and didn't make much sense.

However, a problem with new rifts is that everybody will reset back to 1000 rating after every season, which means that low-medium level players are going to get absolutely wrecked by high level players climbing back up every week.
If ranks didn't reset everyone to the same starting point, players of all levels would eventually end up in a more comfortable position and match with opponents that are more fair.
At least, this is my view on this issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: Robokit and Art3mes
Also, shouldn't the high lvl players avoid the low lvl ones? I dunno.
What do you guys think?

I feel like high level players avoiding lower level ones is something that should be happening with match making more, but isn't at the moment. Maybe that will be addressed later if we have more people participating. That's a weakness of Rifts is that it has had for a while.

At present, as a level 70, trying to fight only people that are my level would be impossible. I feel bad about it, but the first three matches thrown at me were all dramatically weaker than me. So were the next three. And the three after that. After the 4th refresh and like 6-7 battles in I actually started to have some peers mixed in with the lower level folks.

It's kinda a bummer, but it also makes no strategic sense to fight my peers. At present, there's no real point difference between fighting one of them and fighting a weaker opponent, and fighting a weaker opponent means 1) I'm more likely to win at the outset and 2) I'm less likely to lose points in a retaliation (provided I understand the system correctly). I mean, unless you're really confident your defenses will drive away a retaliation, there's really no reason to ever fight a peer given the option to fight someone weaker it seems.

The system might need some further tweeks, though I appreciate that it's a lot of the changes to it.

Reactions: Robokit and Art3mes
Turns out, variants matters.
With right variants, you can beat anyone.
Screenshot_2020-07-04-10-42-08-02_50161ac5d162ce986e07d4150edd27ac.png
My 10k Rainbow Blight soloed the 75k boss node.
I think he will take revenge.