• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Special Valentine's Day Prize Fight

Cellsai

Oh Sai
Hidden Variable Dev
Reaction score
Website
cellsai.deviantart.com
mc3N0lL.png

So this event is finished now with ten people walking away with the coveted Oh Mai and everyone else with plenty of coins, theonite and relics!

How did you do in the event? Did you like the prize levels?
What did you think of the "She Loves Me" and "She Loves Me Not" modifiers?
Would you like to see more character restricted PFs in future?

Discuss!

Everything was really fun and novel to start with, and I thought the milestones were nice and generous for advanced to expert players, but after about 5M points absolutely everything became stale, with the same experience being looped over and over against the same teams, which is unfortunate. Sole variety came from the luggage fighters one would switch around due to energy constraints. The fact that we’ve never had a PF quite like this also means nobody was sure what their target should be. I was very disappointed to find that 23M was nowhere near enough for the top 10 bracket while I’m sure that every other tier was also very hotly – but sporadically – contested. We need live leaderboards ASAP!
I also feel bad for any new players that had not yet managed to get themselves even a bronze Valentine with which to enter the prize fight, simply barring them from the event. I know her dedicated PF was only last week but there will have been many that still hadn’t been able to snatch themselves a Scrub. Perhaps in the future with an event like this there ought to be a preliminary prize fight on the day before where all qualified entrants can get a guaranteed fighter relic of the appropriate character. If it’s possible, a bronze bonus character relic would do the trick as it could have a 100% of the necessary character but would stop a newbie player from luckily getting a gold and then steamrolling the rest of the game much faster than they should.
That was a bit of a tangent, sorry. Other feedback I have is that the modifiers were great when they had their intended effect, but upon realisation that 3 elements (or lack thereof) gave absolute immunity to She Loves Me Not, a strategy became painfully obvious for those of us with strong Dark, Light and Rainbow Blight options. This could be improved by adjusting the modifier so that instead of activating when the player is at an elemental disadvantage, it instead triggers when the AI opponent is at an elemental advantage, though then it may need to be toned down a little bit to compensate for the inevitability of the condition (the only ways to wriggle out of it other than tagging out would be to use Transmutation, which requires great tact and a bit of planning, or play as Rainbow Blight without ever changing element, which would mean sacrificing her Signature Ability entirely).
Other than that, great fun! I’d definitely like to see a similar event again, but next time one that doesn’t demand quite so much commitment with so little guarantee of achievement please.

mc3N0lL.png

So this event is finished now with ten people walking away with the coveted Oh Mai and everyone else with plenty of coins, theonite and relics!

How did you do in the event? Did you like the prize levels?
What did you think of the "She Loves Me" and "She Loves Me Not" modifiers?
Would you like to see more character restricted PFs in future?

Discuss!
A good eye opener about how much people are willing to grind. I cant help but feel like this would have been almost ignored by most new/mid-tier players. Events are fun and Im excited to see date specific events (maybe even holiday exclusive fighters someday?). Hopefully this can evolve into something every player can benefit off of, like a set of new holiday missions to complete.

Whew boy, this was interesting. I liked the new modifiers, but at a few points I died to a combination of She Loves Me Not and the AI suddenly using a blockbuster while still in the middle of my combo. That, on top of the fact I had school, kept me from scoring as high as I wished, as I only reached 3.8 mil. That only landed me in 11-30% range, which was insanely surprising. And the required Valentine part...yeah there should’ve been something beforehand to make sure people could even play this.

I participated in the event, almost reached the second tier prices but didn't receive any range prices. Shouldn't I be at least in the 60-100% range no matter the score?
Maybe the mail didn't arrive yet, but i'm worried cause is not the first time that I didn't get nothing.

I only managed to grind enough points to get the bare minimum prize of a relic after the event. That valentine relic happened to give me my first Last Hope gold valentine, so that's awesome. BUT the milestones felt very out my reach for a one day event and only having so many golds/golds with unlocked nodes (due to constant key shortage). I had work and valentines day with my wife so I didn't have the free time to no life the event and at least knock out some milestones regardless of ranked placement. The event felt like it was for the hardcore vets and not really for anyone else. I walked away with what I really wanted (already have oh mai) but I didn't feel like I got anything from actually playing the event. I'm fine with not placing anywhere near the top, I don't have the roster for it. Too bad there weren't any lower milestones that rewarded skill points and keys for valentine. A lot of my roster is locked behind keys (silver especially).

Reactions: Yomady and Urdillo
I participated in the event, almost reached the second tier prices but didn't receive any range prices. Shouldn't I be at least in the 60-100% range no matter the score?
Maybe the mail didn't arrive yet, but i'm worried cause is not the first time that I didn't get nothing.
The minimum amount of points you needed to get event rewards for this was i think 450,000. Don't really remember the milestone requirements but i'm not sure even reaching the second would have been enough

Reactions: Urdillo
I liked the tier design, vet gamer will get more prize easy but the lower tier have much better prizes than normal pz so it’s good for everyone. Only thing was the modifier, it’s fun the first five fights or so before it become easily avoidable or taken advantage of.

Reactions: Yomady
i found this pf to be quite interesting, tbh. the modifiers were fun, they forced me to be a little more strategic, and the val stipulation actually helped me out with levelling. however it was very obvious that this pf was inaccessible for anyone who doesn't have grinding and streak building down to a science, based on the milestone set up and the fact that you need 7x more points than the gold pf to get the bare minimum prize. on top of that, people went absolutely ballistic trying to score enough points to get anywhere significant. i personally was only able to get 2 mil due to a family event. i would like to see more events in the future, especially some that are more inclusive, or that have creative modifiers like this one.

Reactions: Psyche
I only managed to grind enough points to get the bare minimum prize of a relic after the event. That valentine relic happened to give me my first Last Hope gold valentine, so that's awesome. BUT the milestones felt very out my reach for a one day event and only having so many golds/golds with unlocked nodes (due to constant key shortage). I had work and valentines day with my wife so I didn't have the free time to no life the event and at least knock out some milestones regardless of ranked placement. The event felt like it was for the hardcore vets and not really for anyone else. I walked away with what I really wanted (already have oh mai) but I didn't feel like I got anything from actually playing the event. I'm fine with not placing anywhere near the top, I don't have the roster for it. Too bad there weren't any lower milestones that rewarded skill points and keys for valentine. A lot of my roster is locked behind keys (silver especially).

If at least it would have last more time, like 3 days, It would have been more accesible. As you say, people normally don't have all the day to play specially in days like Valentine.

In any case, I apreciate the events.

The minimum amount of points you needed to get event rewards for this was i think 450,000. Don't really remember the milestone requirements but i'm not sure even reaching the second would have been enough
Didn't know it, thanks! I didn't even reach 250,000 so must be that.
Where do you get that info?

Didn't know it, thanks! I didn't even reach 250,000 so must be that.
Where do you get that info?
It is stated at the bottom when you look at the possible ‘event rewards’ for a prize fight. If I remember correctly, all prize fights require the third milestone to be reached in order to qualify for the placement rewards, so this is always a higher bar for gold prize fights than bronze and silver. Here it was really high because even the first milestone was at a huge score in comparison.

Reactions: Urdillo
I'm really shocked that 23million wasn't enough to secure an Oh Mai.
It's looking like the top ten winners were all somewhere between 27-31 million.

My quick take on the event:
I loved the massive amount of Theonite and Coins it offered, and I liked that it catered to really top grinding players a bit more than usual. However, I think the lowest milestones were set a bit high. Valentine's is a day many people are out with loved ones or otherwise engaged, so having a one day event with an extra high minimum was a bit harsh.
I think a lot of folks are going to be walking away disappointed not realizing they needed 450k just to reach the bottom Event Rewards 60%-100% tiers.

The PF modifiers were neat in theory, but I honestly didn't even know they were there until someone pointed them out to me. I primarily use Light and Dark characters as my main fighters so She Loves Me Not never triggered.

Overall: cool event, but the numbers need some tweaking.

I feel the event had a fun dynamic, the event's time is the weak point of the prize fight (I understand there's only one Valentine's day but maybe two days were the ideal time because the milestone score were high in comparison to the other prize fights), I really enjoyed (and suffer when I was on elemental disadvantage) the match modifiers and the milestone rewards were really cool (mainly for the crystal prizes). Because homework and housework too I couldn't play all day but I would be able to reach 3,500,000 points and with this I will explain the other point that I didn't like. I know, I know, maybe my score isn't a real deal (in comparison to the outstanding scores of Celisai or Moisterrific), but how many points do you need to reach the tiers? I felt comfortable with my score because the short time and the character restriction (Valentine isn't the favourite character in the game, not for me, I like the character even in this game) and I thought that I will reach the 1-10% tier, but I underestimate you guys, you're really strong, I felt disappointed when I saw my 11-30% qualification so I would like to see the event's statistics to put a lot of effort the next time, because I really want to see this prize fight again.

Como no encuentro las palabras apropiadas en inglés, voy a escribir esto en español, pero siento que este evento le "hizo justicia" a un personaje como Valentine, a muchos usuarios no les gustan sus movimientos, blockbusters y habilidades propias pero yo siento que en realidad si es un buen personaje aunque tenga las peores estadísticas (en el papel), como es un personaje que suelo utilizar mucho porque está dentro de mis equipos principales para enfrentar las Prize Fights la verdad es que no me costó mucho trabajo empezar a construir las rachas y me divertí mucho usándola y ver como asumía el papel principal dentro de todas las peleas, cada quien tendrá su opinión pero yo sigo pensando que es un personaje realmente útil y poderoso (y eso que ni siquiera es mi personaje preferido de la franquicia por así decirlo).

Reactions: Psyche
I don’t know if this would really help but next time there could be a system where the prize fight lasts over a couple of days, but it’s actually multiple prize fights repeated over a number of times, and the player is only able to enter on one of the days. That way we could plan ahead to which day we’re most able to devote time to the game and not stress out over missing the opportunity. Would require prior notice, though.

Reactions: Yomady and Cellsai
It is stated at the bottom when you look at the possible ‘event rewards’ for a prize fight. If I remember correctly, all prize fights require the third milestone to be reached in order to qualify for the placement rewards, so this is always a higher bar for gold prize fights than bronze and silver. Here it was really high because even the first milestone was at a huge score in comparison.

Thanks!
I just checked and in the bottom of the current event rewards in fact appears a number (60,000) that coincide with the third milestone, but the text is a nonsense. May be a bad English-Spanish translation. It says this (translated to english):

"Chance of 60,000 of removing every beneficial COMBAT EFFECT of the opponent (when
¡Pick up the event rewards in the mail once the event has finished!"

That is all that appears in the event "rewards" menu.

Reactions: Yomady and Psyche
Thanks!
I just checked and in the bottom of the current event rewards in fact appears a number (60,000) that coincide with the third milestone, but the text is a nonsense. May be a bad English-Spanish translation. It says this (translated to english):

"Chance of 60,000 of removing every beneficial COMBAT EFFECT of the opponent (when
¡Pick up the event rewards in the mail once the event has finished!"

That is all that appears in the event "rewards" menu.
That’s really odd. You should report it in the ‘known issues & bugs’ subforum and I’m sure one of the developers will be on it soon. That’s quite a significant error, as well, because that information is very important to newer players that struggle to reach milestones. The translation software that was used must have had a problem when doing that bit of text.

Reactions: Yomady and Urdillo
Two years later, look how far we have come!

Just look at moisterrific's post where he conquered the PF and reached RANK 1-10 with the high score of... 28 million :oops:

Here in 2020, 28 million might not even get you 10%. However, keep in mind the past PF was only a day instead of 4 days we get in the present.

ROSES ARE RED, VIOLENCE IS DUE Milestone Rewards
  1. 25,000 = 10 Theonite 5,000 Canopy Coins 1 Gold Gift
  2. 50,000 = 20 Theonite 7,500 Canopy Coins 1 Gold Gift
  3. 100,000 = 30 Theonite 11,250 Canopy Coins 1 Gold Gift
  4. 325,000 = 40 Theonite 17,000 Canopy Coins 1 Lovestruck Relic
  5. 800,000 = 50 Theonite 25,000 Canopy Coins 3 Gold Gifts
  6. 1,500,000 = 60 Theonite 38,000 Canopy Coins 3 Gold Gifts
  7. 2,500,000 = 70 Theonite 57,000 Canopy Coins 1 Lovestruck Relic
  8. 4,500,000 = 80 Theonite 85,500 Canopy Coins 5 Gold Gifts
  9. 8,000,000 = 90 Theonite 128,000 Canopy Coins 5 Gold Gifts
  10. 12,500,000 = 100 Theonite 192,000 Canopy Coins 1 Lovestruck Relic
  11. 25,000,000 = 200 Fire Elemental Shards 500 Gold Relic Shards
  12. 50,000,000 = 300 Fire Elemental Shards 250 Diamond Relic Shards
  13. 100,000,000 = 500 Fire Elemental Shards 1 LEGENDARY RELIC
TOTAL: 550 Theonite 566,250 Canopy Coins 3 Lovestruck Relics 1 Fire Elemental Essence (1000 shards = 1 crystal) and more!

ROSES ARE RED, VIOLENCE IS DUE notes:
  • Really liking the longer PFs with generous milestones
  • Last Hope Valentine is scary. I was trapped as Bloodbath Eliza, only the two remaining, immortals that couldn't die when their SAs kept feeding endless regen.
  • the modifiers make elemental advantages/disadvantages way more significant. If you get careless, your Buzzkill Painwheel could kill herself trying to shred a Oh Mai Valentine a quarter her FS.
  • The Valentine requirement = soooo much Final Stand and Heavy Regen
  • My Valentines went in tiny and weak, and came out the other side of the 100 million mark giant titanium-bending hulks.
  • Fighting a Valentine trio can turn into a comedy routine where they kept chain resuscitating each other.
How'd you do? If you were tough enough to scale the million mountain, what was in your Legendary Relic? (I got a wicked Xenomorph Double)

That was another wonderful PF, better than Halloween and comparable to Christmas. 100M in 4 days is a great goal to play this PF in a somewhat relaxed way and still have time for Gold and Silver PFs and Dailies - for example, if it was 25M in one day on February 14, I would completely miss the competition because my Friday was totally loaded with work. Knowing that, I invested more time into game on Wednesday and Thursday, hit 100M and switched to other things with a comforting feeling of accomplishment.

Rewards for first 10 milestones were nice, thank you HVS for loads of coins and Theo. "Dedicated Player" rewards for milestones 11-13 were more luck-related, so those who could not reach there should not feel like they were denied a prize essential for game progress (like guaranteed brand-new Dia fighter during Halloween PF).

As far as what I got from the PF, I am totally happy with my results:
  • Finished the PF with 117M score gettting into top 10%;
  • 7 Lovestruck Relics gave me 4 Shadow Ops, 1 Dead Heat, 1 Grim Fan and 1 Red Velvet (YEAH, FINALLY!!!);
  • Legendary Relic summoned Dragon Brawler (kinda meh);
  • Gold Relic (500 Gold Shards from 11th milestone) brought Rainbow Blight (I already have two, but hey, no complaints!);
  • And finally Diamond Relic (250 Diamond Shards from 12th milestone) turned out to be an amazing Djinn Frizz!
I hope that your pulls were also great, and I would like to say that, in my opinion, with Valentine PF HVS got a nearly-perfect balance of time span, milestones and rewards. Looking forward to see more events like this one!