• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Spoilers: Peacock Origin Story Discussion

Fel

wuf
Reaction score
With the release of 1.3 we got a look into the past of Peacock. I'm hoping I can discuss some things that I noticed during my playthrough of it.

Spoilers Ahead.

So we begin with the Anti Skullgirl Lab agents breaking into a Medici hideout to save the orphans that were taken. We get a nice new art of some of the Lab 8 agents, and some conversations between people we didnt get to see interact much in Skullgirls. Needless to say Patricia cracking jokes while eyeless, toothless and limbless was heartwarming to see.

Honestly I was kind of disappointed that we didnt get to see Patricias relationship with Marie fleshed out more, or get a deeper look into what happened at the orphanage. As the upcoming origin story characters are all ones that we know the general backstory of, this does slightly worry me about whats to come.

Part 2 and 3 focus more on the relationship between Big Band and Peacock which we do get a glimpse of in Big Bands story mode. Although in this version the conversations seem choppier (probably due to the medium) the dad/daughter vibes were appreciated. Not really much in terms of groundbreaking story but Peacock antics and examples of how the Lab 8 agents care for each other was interesting.

Peacock makes a reference to Big Bands private regions as his brass section and that makes the story mode like 10 times better.

All in all I wasnt blown off my feet by the story of the origin mode. Hopefully the future stories have a bit more oomph to them. The rewards being character relics and moves makes a lot of sense and its nice to get these relics outside of purchasing them with theonite. I havent completed Advanced and Expert yet but the difficulty seems to be on par / harder than Ascent of a Woman. Needing a peacock for every match wasnt so bad, but the story mode did feel extremely long.

Aye, it was pretty interesting to see that Patricia was a snarky brat even before she became Peacock, but aside from that I wasn't exactly blown away by this story either. I was hoping for a few more peeks into her life before she had her... various pieces removed.

Things I did like though:
Valentine working as an actual Anti-SG lab member was cool. I wish Hollow, Christmas or Patty had shown up too though! I wonder how long they've been dead for by the time SG actually starts.

Patricia breaking the 4th wall when she got her codename.

The Medici goons showing up again. I like those guys!

Reactions: Black Egret#13
Aye, it was pretty interesting to see that Patricia was a snarky brat even before she became Peacock, but aside from that I wasn't exactly blown away by this story either. I was hoping for a few more peeks into her life before she had her... various pieces removed.

Things I did like though:
Valentine working as an actual Anti-SG lab member was cool. I wish Hollow, Christmas or Patty had shown up too though! I wonder how long they've been dead for by the time SG actually starts.

Patricia breaking the 4th wall when she got her codename.

The Medici goons showing up again. I like those guys!

The goons are adorably incompetent :D

Hopefully we get a deeper look into the Last Hope in Valentines origin stories. It also struck me as odd that we dont have a Valentine fighter requirement when we see her fighting the goons. Instead we need peacock whos currently patricia. Same with when the story was centered around big band searching. It does ruin the immersion (not that there was much to begin with) a bit.

I loved seeing more of the (current) background characters, like Leduc and Stanley. It helps flesh out the story and the world more, though I honestly feel PC running off and then coming back only because Ben finished her sentence was kind of stupid. Yet, we got more story, and I'm pretty happy about that. I really liked being able to get character specific relics too, giving us a chance to get something rare.

Now do Cerebella next please.

It was pretty pleasant seeing how they handled the backstory actually, good interactions and character moments and it gave me a bit of a laugh.

It's also pretty interesting to know that Black Dahlia is actually something that's made from the anti-skullgirls labs, glad they gave more backstory on her.

It was pretty pleasant seeing how they handled the backstory actually, good interactions and character moments and it gave me a bit of a laugh.

It's also pretty interesting to know that Black Dahlia is actually something that's made from the anti-skullgirls labs, glad they gave more backstory on her.
Huh I think I missed that Black Dahlia part, do you remember which section it was from?

Hello sorry for barging in a month late but i didn't have a computer so yeah.
I may be biased bc A)i'm kind of starved for content B)Peacock is my fave, but this origins thing gave me what i hopep for.
It is true that it fell short in a few aspects (we all wanted to see Marie, amirite?), but i believe it also gave insight to lore etc.

Ok, here's me rambling.

• Kinda most important to me, but since appearantly Marie and Patty knew each other before the war, it's pretty much confirmed that It was Nancy who destroyed Rommelgrad.
  • It also explains why Squigly didn't rise.
(It was a thing i kinda knew inside but hoped i was wrong, lol)
  • So Rommelgrad, while close enough that Marie could reach Cathedral by seemingly no other way of transportation other than walking and Pea could stay alive till she reached there is not close enough that Nancy's terror reached New Meridian.
  • So Patricia was about 6-7 when she was ophaned. (Same goes for Marie but we don't know her actual age sooo)
  • Pea was found in a Raid, not when they were searching especially for a test subject which is A relief for me.
Think about it, this girl's (in fact none of the people from Rommelgrad) existence is not recorded anywhere. One could not prove that she is alive or dead. No one would know this girl who exists in theory if she died from experimentation.

Edgy, i know but thinking about Painwheel kinda got me that point.

Thankfully this wasn't the case, so phew!
  • Pea also had her teeth somewhat intact since she could (barely) talk and people could understand her.
  • Her face was bandaged too so, we all can get something from that.
  • See, This is also something that i think falls stort. What did she do to anger Medici that they broke her ?
  • They could gouge one eye, or cut her tongue of, or break her fingers and they could still sell her as a slave. But she pissed them off SO MUCH, that they went out their way to make her suffer for what she did.

Also off topic, i like the fact she considers her revenge a priority and Skullgirl hunting as a bonus.
  • Since she didn't have Argus to see at first, she made her toons based on what she heard and her impressions on scientists.
  • This also means somebody took their time and told her all about what Ben looks like, since she couldn't know all about that jazz.
Also even she doesn't know how she does what she does , do i dare say #relatable.

Yeah, its all that comes to my mind at this point in time.

Reactions: Ryouhi
Ooh, i forgot to mention, the guys who were defending Medici tower were also involved in slave trading business. But they didn't seem to recognize Marie in the short span of time before they got rightfully incenerated.

Hello sorry for barging in a month late but i didn't have a computer so yeah.
I may be biased bc A)i'm kind of starved for content B)Peacock is my fave, but this origins thing gave me what i hopep for.
It is true that it fell short in a few aspects (we all wanted to see Marie, amirite?), but i believe it also gave insight to lore etc.

Ok, here's me rambling.

• Kinda most important to me, but since appearantly Marie and Patty knew each other before the war, it's pretty much confirmed that It was Nancy who destroyed Rommelgrad.
  • It also explains why Squigly didn't rise.
(It was a thing i kinda knew inside but hoped i was wrong, lol)
  • So Rommelgrad, while close enough that Marie could reach Cathedral by seemingly no other way of transportation other than walking and Pea could stay alive till she reached there is not close enough that Nancy's terror reached New Meridian.
  • So Patricia was about 6-7 when she was ophaned. (Same goes for Marie but we don't know her actual age sooo)
  • Pea was found in a Raid, not when they were searching especially for a test subject which is A relief for me.
Think about it, this girl's (in fact none of the people from Rommelgrad) existence is not recorded anywhere. One could not prove that she is alive or dead. No one would know this girl who exists in theory if she died from experimentation.

Edgy, i know but thinking about Painwheel kinda got me that point.

Thankfully this wasn't the case, so phew!
  • Pea also had her teeth somewhat intact since she could (barely) talk and people could understand her.
  • Her face was bandaged too so, we all can get something from that.
  • See, This is also something that i think falls stort. What did she do to anger Medici that they broke her ?
  • They could gouge one eye, or cut her tongue of, or break her fingers and they could still sell her as a slave. But she pissed them off SO MUCH, that they went out their way to make her suffer for what she did.

Also off topic, i like the fact she considers her revenge a priority and Skullgirl hunting as a bonus.
  • Since she didn't have Argus to see at first, she made her toons based on what she heard and her impressions on scientists.
  • This also means somebody took their time and told her all about what Ben looks like, since she couldn't know all about that jazz.
Also even she doesn't know how she does what she does , do i dare say #relatable.

Yeah, its all that comes to my mind at this point in time.

It gave a slight insight to her story, but I don't think what we got was what I was looking for. The console Skullgirls game tells us that Patricia got her eyes gouged out and her limbs chopped off, and I'm more surprised that she was even alive, let alone bandaged up. The wiki says that she was mutilated as she declined to become a slave, and the medici needed to make an example out of her to make the other orphans conform.
Your last point about her not being able to see without the Argus system slipped me when I played through the origins, probably a mistake, but a fun one nonetheless.

I kinda assumed she can't see because of her sprite, i may be wrong :D