• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Thoughts on upcoming Special Moves?

UnusualBoo54

Reaction score
As of posting this, there is no doubt that there is going to be more updates on the official Skullgirls Mobile Twitter. For now, what are your thoughts on the upcoming special moves?

In case you missed out :

Mortuary Drop ( Valentine ) - Has % chance to STUN if she is benefiting from REGEN

Chaos Banish ( Eliza ) - Removes all buffs from the opponent and applies HEAL BLOCK on hit.

Egret Dive ( Parasoul ) - Acts similar to Noise Cancel. Will absorb any oncoming projectiles. Applies STUN to
opponent if they use a melee attack on the Egret.

With currently 3 new special moves, there is a chance that there will be one for every character... or not. So, do you think these moves will be a game changer or will it still be the way it is now for you?

Personally, I think Chaos Banish will definitely help in countering one-time Regen SA. [GI Jazz, Last Hope, etc)

Egret Dive seems like a good move for Star-Crossed. If only I had her :(

I have mixed feelings about mortuary drop because offensive Vals need taunt to get that regen and Vals with built in regen generally don't see use. With a moveset of 3 CV + FP you've already used 4 out of 5 available slots. Perhaps a nice move to put on your support val to get a safe stun before you revive your main carry. Val also has 2 other stun methods in her kit, both of which are probably more consistent.

Chaos Banish seems cool, its multi-hit so if its a chance to remove you may end up with more buffs on the enemy than before (in the case of RE or AF etc.). If its 100% chance at level 15 I can see it as a nice way to help deal with some variants. The clip doesn't show a combo, so I hope there's some way of chaining into it or out of it.

Reactions: fanghoul
If its 100% chance at level 15 I can see it as a nice way to help deal with some variants. The clip doesn't show a combo, so I hope there's some way of chaining into it or out of it.
The debuff strip and Heal Block are gauranteed once the move reaches level 3, so the only thing that increases with upgrading is the duration of the Heal Block.

You can combo into it from almost any Eliza move, and you can combo out of it with Sekhmet if you're fast, or with more normals if they are in the corner. Since it doesn't keep them standing, you obviously won't get any extremely long combos from it, but that's offset by the powerful move Signature Ability.

The debuff strip and Heal Block are gauranteed once the move reaches level 3, so the only thing that increases with upgrading is the duration of the Heal Block.

You can combo into it from almost any Eliza move, and you can combo out of it with Sekhmet if you're fast, or with more normals if they are in the corner. Since it doesn't keep them standing, you obviously won't get any extremely long combos from it, but that's offset by the powerful move Signature Ability.
Does it combo into itself :eyes:

Egret Dive seems like a good move for Star-Crossed. If only I had her :(

I have mixed feelings about mortuary drop because offensive Vals need taunt to get that regen and Vals with built in regen generally don't see use. With a moveset of 3 CV + FP you've already used 4 out of 5 available slots. Perhaps a nice move to put on your support val to get a safe stun before you revive your main carry. Val also has 2 other stun methods in her kit, both of which are probably more consistent.

Chaos Banish seems cool, its multi-hit so if its a chance to remove you may end up with more buffs on the enemy than before (in the case of RE or AF etc.). If its 100% chance at level 15 I can see it as a nice way to help deal with some variants. The clip doesn't show a combo, so I hope there's some way of chaining into it or out of it.

Will the stun from mortuary drop activate with heavy regen as well? If it does then it'll be a great tool for Valentine's with ICU, possibly better than countervenom: p (especially now that it's harder to chain 3 cv's in a row)... Otherwise it's trash.

p.s.
Please fix pw filia in the next update so she can inflict bleed on slow. Pweeeeeaase:rolleyes: