• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Characters Unbalanced Blockbusters?

Sinheart

Reaction score
I made this thread to simply point out that some characters may have high move blockbuster that don’t do as much damage as their lower move ones. The only character I was able to test currently was Eliza and it seems her ‘khepri sun’ does more damage than ‘lady of slaughter’ and ‘nekhbet breaker’ moves. Would there be any reason for this?

An interesting question. Eliza's my favorite character, so my thoughts on this is that for Nekhbet Breaker, it might have some advantage as being one single big hit. I use that move a lot on characters like Resonant Evil, since it doesn't set off their defensive powers. Lady of Slaughter is a BB3, which makes it unblockable, so maybe that's why it does less? It also puts you into sekhmet mode, which I guess could be a good thing, though it doesn't combo into that particularly well.

As another data point, Cerebella's highest damage blockbuster is easily her Diamonds Are Forever move.

As another data point, Cerebella's highest damage blockbuster is easily her Diamonds Are Forever move.

DAF is a murder machine, I'd say at least 80% of times I get hit by it my character dies even if he had like 70-90% of his health.

Another move that always surprise me by the damage it does is valentine's Countervenom, it already does so much damage alone and you can actually hit a target with all 3 of them after air and then combo it with checkmate incision.

Reactions: Yosh
An interesting question. Eliza's my favorite character, so my thoughts on this is that for Nekhbet Breaker, it might have some advantage as being one single big hit. I use that move a lot on characters like Resonant Evil, since it doesn't set off their defensive powers. Lady of Slaughter is a BB3, which makes it unblockable, so maybe that's why it does less? It also puts you into sekhmet mode, which I guess could be a good thing, though it doesn't combo into that particularly well.

I see your point but if you compare it to a character like peacock her blockbusters seem to deal more damage the higher the move cost.

With Eliza her khepri sun is the lowest cost and when tested did the most damage out of all her blockbusters and Cerebellas DAF only seems to do 10% less damage then her Unblockables which kinda makes them less valuable since you can use DAF twice before you get your unblockable.

I hate DAF, it hits ridiculously hard :')

Reactions: PHPP
DAF has 255% damage scaling, Coutnervenom has 220%. In Skullgirls 2nd Encore theres a bunch of different factors like how many hits the move has and whether it does more damage at high combo and such, which likely influences how many meters it uses. Not all of those mechanics made it into Skullgirls Mobile so some moves do less damage but are a higher tier / cost more. Thats my guess for it anyways.

Reactions: Al Qedic
I see your point but if you compare it to a character like peacock her blockbusters seem to deal more damage the higher the move cost.

With Eliza her khepri sun is the lowest cost and when tested did the most damage out of all her blockbusters and Cerebellas DAF only seems to do 10% less damage then her Unblockables which kinda makes them less valuable since you can use DAF twice before you get your unblockable.

Yes, but Peacocks blockbusters don't do anything extra, they're all just "Hit the enemy a bunch of times"

Most of Eliza's Sekhmet powers are underpowered compared to those of other characters, except that they activate Sekhmet mode, which can do a ton of damage. If I get all three charged up it's not unusual for me to be able to take down 1 and a half characters worth of life without fear of retaliation. And they're cheap powers! On Diva Intervention they're particularly bonkers, because they recharge themselves.

So Lady of Slaughter could be balanced with a similar mindset, though one that really does not work as well, because tossing your enemy across the screen and making them temporarily invincible by knocking them down is a garbage way to start Sekhmet mode.

Nekhbet Breaker, I don't know what to say, but I like it and still use it a lot because burst damage is at something of a premium in this game. But by that justification, Diamonds are Forever should also be less good.

I don't disagree that the powers could probably be looked at, but I thought I'd give a shot at explaining why they cost what they do.

Another move that always surprise me by the damage it does is valentine's Countervenom, it already does so much damage alone and you can actually hit a target with all 3 of them after air and then combo it with checkmate incision.
lmao I do that. :)