• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

"Unholy Host"- Black Dahlia- General Strategies and Discussions

Art3mes

Reaction score
Unholy Host
Unholy_Host.png

Signature Ability 1:
When Black Dahlia or her opponent TAGS IN, she removes all enemy BUFFS and inflicts CURSE and HEX for 10/15/20 seconds each.

Signature Ability 2:
DRAIN 1/1.5/2% HEALTH per second from the opponent if they are suffering from a DEBUFF.

Palette Reference:
Lady Dimitrescu, one antagonist of Resident Evil Village

suggest some efficient counters of Unholy Host, provided permanent immunity is out of option.
tbh i find it hard to deal with her in holodeck

suggest some efficient counters of Unholy Host, provided permanent immunity is out of option.
Double's general kit, between Buzzard to heal block, Bandwagon to hex, and Chaos to inflict hex or heal block among other things, is a reasonable option against wild Unholy Hosts in Holodeck or ones without immunity access. A debuff cleanser in the back can also be a huge help when fighting Unholy Host, as the cleanse effect shuts down Unholy Host's draining while bringing your offense fully online.

Facing Unholy in Holodeck is rough, cuz you're most likely running a solo carry, so the odds are against you that your main is the counter needed to deal with Unholy...do your best and try again?

As for gameplay counters against Unholy ...it may sound obvious...but don't allow tag ins? Aside from disable tag in debuffs, the AI likes to tag out when at low life, so if you can't defeat a fighter by the end of your combo, keep the pressure on, they can't tag if blocking.

And don't use fighters that are buff/SA dependent? Tags will inevitably happen, so have fighters that can do heavy damage without buffs/SAs?

I know in high streaks brute force alone will not cut it. Fighter specific counters will be dependent on what's in your collection; being able to clear your debuffs and give debuffs (hex, block healing) to Unholy will help tip the scales in your favor.

Theory:

If Unholy Host is second, have a Rose inted umbrella in your team, and wait 15 seconds, then force the outtake, and recive unholy host. She will give you curse and hex, but in the next seconds, Umbrella will clean them and you will be free to fight her normally.

Reallity:
You tried to swap opponents but they blocked the outtake, then rose tinted cleared nothing, and unholy host entered and wipped the hell out of you in less than 20 seconds...

I really want this variant.

Question: SA1 says “when Black Dahlia tags in”. Does that only apply to Unholy Host or does it apply to any Black Dahlias in your team with Unholy Host?

Reactions: Art3mes
I really want this variant.

Question: SA1 says “when Black Dahlia tags in”. Does that only apply to Unholy Host or does it apply to any Black Dahlias in your team with Unholy Host?
It applies to Unholy Host. SAs that target your team in general should usually specifiy 'teammates' in the SA description.

Double's general kit, between Buzzard to heal block, Bandwagon to hex, and Chaos to inflict hex or heal block among other things, is a reasonable option against wild Unholy Hosts in Holodeck or ones without immunity access. A debuff cleanser in the back can also be a huge help when fighting Unholy Host, as the cleanse effect shuts down Unholy Host's draining while bringing your offense fully online.
that seems like a good counter. thanks
Facing Unholy in Holodeck is rough, cuz you're most likely running a solo carry, so the odds are against you that your main is the counter needed to deal with Unholy...do your best and try again?
yes, thats me. i try again : )
Reallity:
You tried to swap opponents but they blocked the outtake, then rose tinted cleared nothing, and unholy host entered and wipped the hell out of you in less than 20 seconds...
yes. thats me. betting everything on my solo carry which, most of the time, gets one-shotted in first 10 seconds : ))

so far, feasible counters are:
1. having a buff cleanser teammate
2. have a not-buff-dependent attacker
3. use viable double assets

So Annies photobop can transfer hex and curse back onto Unholy host. While shes stunned you can tag in your critless fighter to take down unholy. Apart from that I have seen a video of Blitz and Glamour staying on her side of stage regain immunity and heal after a few seconds of Unholy tag in because her SA is timer based. Once you get immunity the hex and curse is clear so shes a good counter to Unholy.

So Annies photobop can transfer hex and curse back onto Unholy host. While shes stunned you can tag in your critless fighter to take down unholy. Apart from that I have seen a video of Blitz and Glamour staying on her side of stage regain immunity and heal after a few seconds of Unholy tag in because her SA is timer based. Once you get immunity the hex and curse is clear so shes a good counter to Unholy.
Huh... I thought Hex ignored immunity... anyways... i've seen this one and it DOES works, BUT, what if blitz and glamour/Unholy host it's not the first in the line? welp, this also can be reinforced by having a buff cleanser teammate in the back, (actually someone already mentioned that in this thread) you still would have to time it correctly.

Also you can replace Blitz and glamour with maquia velvet, but that is just an idea i had while i was writting this.

Since this fighter may be getting reworked in the future :)eek:), what would be some ways that she could be rebalanced without completely ruining her?
Personally I don't want her nerfed, but if it absolutely had to happen, I'd say alter the drain so that it procs either near or far from her, instead of procing anywhere.

Here’s my opinion of reworked signature ability.
Signature 1: When Black Dahlia or her opponent TAGS IN, she removes all enemy BUFFS and inflict HEX and CURSE for 10/15/20 seconds (activate only once per match).
Signature 2: Gain 1 stack of REGEN every 4/3/2 seconds when your opponent is suffering from DEBUFF. All REGENS are removed when you KNOCKED DOWN.

Here’s my opinion of reworked signature ability.
Signature 1: When Black Dahlia or her opponent TAGS IN, she removes all enemy BUFFS and inflict HEX and CURSE for 10/15/20 seconds (activate only once per match).
Signature 2: Gain 1 stack of REGEN every 4/3/2 seconds when your opponent is suffering from DEBUFF. All REGENS are removed when you KNOCKED DOWN.
For your signature 1 idea, I feel like that would completely remove UH's defense utility because you could just tag out once she tags in and boom, no more SA 1. Even if it was once per fighter per match, you could just stall until you can tag through everyone. I think that's too much of a nerf.

For your signature 1 idea, I feel like that would completely remove UH's defense utility because you could just tag out once she tags in and boom, no more SA 1. Even if it was once per fighter per match, you could just stall until you can tag through everyone. I think that's too much of a nerf.
Thank you for your comment. actually, I already noticed about this problem and reposted this opinion to the discussion of official update note. I added the DISABLE TAGS IN for signature 1. I think the addition of DISABLE TAGS IN allows her to shift the emphasis from tactics like before to harassing a single opponent.

Reactions: MedK
I want to add that Unholy's DEBUFFs can be resisted so if you have a high enough RESISTANCE stat, you might be able to resist the HEX and CURSE, but it's pretty unreliable and we generally don't invest in RESISTANCE stat for offensive variants. Private Dick comes to mind with his SA2 giving him 50% RESISTANCE to all DEBUFFs.

Though I'm not sure if Private Dick's SA will act first, resisting Unholy's HEX and CURSE, or Unholy ignores it and inflict HEX and CURSE anyway.

Last edited:
Wow I hadn't faced many UHs before this prizefight and holy ■■■ she's the absolute ■■■■■■■ worst.

Private Dick comes to mind with his SA2 giving him 50% RESISTANCE to all DEBUFFs.

Oh yeah! and then you can proceed to do a great total of 0 damage, tag out to an actual variant get hexed and cursed and die anyway.

I'm just grinding to around a 10 streak until I find 3 defense teams with UH then concede and restart.

Reactions: [=MATRIX=]