• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Other What about alliances/friends?

Hall☆weenQueen

Reaction score
So you're chatting with some awesome people on the app, when you realize you will probably never hear from them again. My proposition needs a lot of work (so hopefully you guys can help fill in the gaps) but what if it was possible to have "friends" in the game, so to speak. I understand that the Skullgirls staff is very careful to make sure everyone on here is safe, so coming up with a good way to do this is not going to be...easy.
Let me be clear: I AM NOT PROPOSING A GUILD
I've heard from various players that guilds create tension and negative feelings, which is not the purpose of this community at all.
I'm simply suggesting being able to have a basic profile of every player (like on here) and be able to either friend or follow them (maybe even chat).
I'm really curious to hear other peoples thoughts!!!

So you're chatting with some awesome people on the app, when you realize you will probably never hear from them again. My proposition needs a lot of work (so hopefully you guys can help fill in the gaps) but what if it was possible to have "friends" in the game, so to speak. I understand that the Skullgirls staff is very careful to make sure everyone on here is safe, so coming up with a good way to do this is not going to be...easy.
Let me be clear: I AM NOT PROPOSING A GUILD
I've heard from various players that guilds create tension and negative feelings, which is not the purpose of this community at all.
I'm simply suggesting being able to have a basic profile of every player (like on here) and be able to either friend or follow them (maybe even chat).
I'm really curious to hear other peoples thoughts!!!
Friends list would be cool, maybe an option to display your channel next to your name to your friends so u can fidn them easier

I think something like this is probably already in the works. The developers have been wanting to properly implement social features since the beginning, but they have always had more significant, fundamental issues to attend to. The reason they released in-game chat even if it seems incomplete without a friends list feature is that if they kept all of it back together for one huge mega update we would probably explode from the anticipation and the feature would have more errors in it. The way they are doing it now allows them to release bite-sized chunks of content that are easy for the playerbase to adapt to one step at a time, and it is easier for Hidden Variable themselves because they receive a much more manageable load of bugs and glitches to address when they put theory/testing into practice/live.

I quite like this and sorta on the idea that they're getting to this too! If you look at certain other games like FFBE or Brave Frontier and the like, when games like that have friends and friend lists, you're able to send your friends gifts each day passing by, like coins or "common materials".

So I was thinking if that's the case? Why not also let your friends give out those things too? You can give 500 coins a day, maybe 5 sigils / emblems of a random character (or perhaps of your choice?), a random move relic (maybe has a chance to give either gold or silver but mainly gives bronze.) or 5 / 10 theonite. Choose one of these options and that's your preferred "gift" for others to give: Your friends have there's and every day you can come in and send them out + receive the friend presents you get as well!

That said, like @Psyche said, it's definitely in the work I'm sure so don't sweat it much either! Regardless, thank you for bringing this up! Your input's really appreciated here! (After all, we're all one big community, may as well keep the hype train going as much as possible and as best as possible too!)

It's a good idea! Something that we would like to get around to eventually.
We have a lot of ideas for Chat to make it better and more social, sit tight while we work on those!

Incredible idea Where I live (Latin America), there is almost no one sending messages in the chat (and it is assumed that this is why the option to deactivate it was added), since only the completion of Origins or Story Mode or open relics appears, even in the first days there were a lot of things that only someone who lives on memes (no offense) would say (example: :v). If it is a good idea that the chat is now safe for too many players and there is no discomfort. I understand that the Chat era just started, but needs more security.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hall☆weenQueen