• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

What does evolving do to your current skill tree?

Lolleroni

Reaction score
I see that evolving will reset my level, but will it reset my skill tree, too? If it wipes it, I need to not invest so heavily in my bronze characters that I'm trying to evolve.

I see that evolving will reset my level, but will it reset my skill tree, too? If it wipes it, I need to not invest so heavily in my bronze characters that I'm trying to evolve.
Your skill tree will stay the same after evolving, so feel free to invest!

Reactions: Dallas
I feel like there should be a note somewhere that the skill tree gets carried over? Though not sure how they can do this and make it visually nice too

Evolving will not reset your skill tree, everything you've upgraded in the skill tree gets carried over to the next tier. Though I wouldn't recommend investing too much into evolving bronze characters past silver since it's better to evolve some silver ones to gold.

Reactions: Dallas
Thanks! This means it's worth investing while it's cheaper!
When they evolve to silver it will still cost the same to unlock skill nodes. It's one of the perks of evolving them!
But yeah, as Moist says, it may be better in the long run to focus on Silver / Golds

Evolving will not reset your skill tree, everything you've upgraded in the skill tree gets carried over to the next tier. Though I wouldn't recommend investing too much into evolving bronze characters past silver since it's better to evolve some silver ones to gold.

Yeah, leveling up bronze is time-consuming, but as I'm F2P, it's been worth it so far. I want at least one strong character in every element.

Last edited:
Yeah, leveling up bronze is time-consuming, but as I'm F2P, it's been worth it so far. I want at least one strong character in every element.

Don't worry about elements too much, cuz the stuff that makes a difference in a fight are stats and moves.

If I evolve a Bronze to silver will it require Silver keys to unlock more nodes?

I feel like there should be a note somewhere that the skill tree gets carried over? Though not sure how they can do this and make it visually nice too
Thanks for bringing this up!
We should be able to add a note to the evolution screen letting users know that their skill tree progress won't be reset on evolution.

We want users to feel encouraged to explore these mechanics.

Reactions: moisterrific

In the end you still want to keep some strong bronze chars in your collection, since you are gonna need them for clearing certain nodes in story mode and events/prize fights; besides, the gain in stats will never bring a nat bronze char up to the levels of a nat gold anyways so yeah, not much point investing in them past silver unless you already have a full collection of gold characters and moves and nowhere else to sink resources (and time) into. lol

Last edited: