• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

What will make you quit?

When will you stop playing?

• Never!

Votes: 12 26.1%
  • When I have every character as level 60 Diamond.

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • After I play all the eventual origin stories!

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • I've already had enough...

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • When the sequel, Skullgirls 2 Mobile, comes out, obviously!

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 15 32.6%

• Total voters

BallotBoxer

Reaction score
In this Diamond Age, all 83 characters (see below) got a life extension to level 60 with the new tier. With new variants, characters, and challenges added, and more on the way, there appears to be no end in sight for this fantastic game.

BEOWULF (9)
Underdog
Cold Stones
Number One
Hype Man

Weekend Warrior
Wulfsbane
Dragon Brawler
Wrestler X
Dark Might

BIG BAND (9)
Bassline
Beat Box
Resonant Evil
Robocopy
Private Dick
Epic Sax
G.I. Jazz
Megasonic
Heavy Metal

CEREBELLA (9)
Understudy
Headstrong
Gray Matter
Big Top
Armed Forces
Harlequin
Brain Freeze
Toad Warrior
Heavy Handed

DOUBLE (9)
Nunsense
Sundae School
Temple Tyrant
Doublicious

Immoral Fiber
Rainbow Blight
Xenomorph
Myst-Match
Jawbreaker

ELIZA (9)
In Denile
Decrypted

Bloody Valentine
Scarlet Viper
Diva Intervention
Bloodbath
Red Velvet
Tomb & Gloom
Stand Out

FILIA (9)
Bad Hair Day
Frayed Ends
Hair Apparent
Bad Ms. Frosty
Parasite Weave

Dread Locks
Windswept
Idol Threat
Class Cutter

MS. FORTUNE (9)

Just Kitten
Hellcat
Feline Lucky
Purrfect Dark
Claw & Order
Hack n' Slash
Meow & Furever
Ms. Trial
Furry Fury

PAINWHEEL (9)
Rusty
Twisted Mettle
Rage Appropriate

Blood Drive
Buzzkill
Raw Nerv
Firefly
Grim Fan
Fly Trap

PARASOUL (9)
Sheltered
Heavy Reign
No Egrets
Ivy League
Primed
Princess Pride
Regally Blonde

Star-Crossed
Summer Salt

PEACOCK (9)
Rerun
Sketchy
Inkling
Pea Shooter
Untouchable
That's All Folks!
Ultraviolent

Wildcard
Freeze Frame

ROBO-FORTUNE (8)
Prototype
M-3OW
Nyanotech
Purrminator
Terror Byte

Blue Screen
Head Hunter
Overclocked

SQUIGLY (9)
Stage Fright
Scared Stiff
Dead Heat
Nearly Departed
Necrobreaker

Poltergust
Bio-Exorcist
Dead of Winter
Love Crafted

VALENTINE (9)
Scrub
Icy Hot
Graveyard Shift

O Mai
Silent Kill
Last Hope

Surgeon General
Pyro-Technique
Assassin's Greed

But all things must end. Vote in the poll and explain your envisioned end game. What drives you? Mastery (ultimate stats), collection, or lore? What will make you quit?

Last edited:
There is only a few ways that I would stop playing. The first is if the devs just stop supporting it in general. So if the app dies, so does me playing. Doubt that will happen anytime soon.

Another would be if the devs do something completely drastic to make it completely pay to win or on that lines. If I have to invest money to advance, even at the the late game point I am at, could cause me to drop it. Again don’t see this happening.

Final thing is I just find a mobile game I like more. That is just a typical buyer cycle of just moving to newer offering. I haven’t found anything to do this and am not really looking. As long as we keep getting updates and content I don’t plan on dropping anytime soon.

I'd stop if:

-->Updates started to be pointless/insignificant or non-existent at all

-->The game became too pay to win and your effort didn't give return

At least right now I don't see any of this stuff, specially the first one.

For me, it'd have to be when the grind becomes too much. I have an unfortunately busy schedule, and several months a year I don't have the half hour to spend on the app. I've been very happy with the game despite my comparably slow progress, but I keep seeing the cut rising and rising and I worry that at some point I won't be able to keep up and that'll suck the fun out of playing.

There is only a few ways that I would stop playing. The first is if the devs just stop supporting it in general. So if the app dies, so does me playing. Doubt that will happen anytime soon.

Another would be if the devs do something completely drastic to make it completely pay to win or on that lines. If I have to invest money to advance, even at the the late game point I am at, could cause me to drop it. Again don’t see this happening.

Final thing is I just find a mobile game I like more. That is just a typical buyer cycle of just moving to newer offering. I haven’t found anything to do this and am not really looking. As long as we keep getting updates and content I don’t plan on dropping anytime soon.

Great points, and I'm on the same boat.

This is the first mobile fighting game I've ever played and from the first time I tried it I was just hooked.

I also have to say (after playing other games that have completely gone P2W) that this game is the most balanced I've ever come across. Sure, the rewards could be a tad more, but it's so much fun that the grind is totally worth it for me.

It's also worth mentioning that the devs are super nice too, and that they take their time to listen to feedback.

Reactions: Sol and PHPP
Ill quit if:
Big band gets nerfed
Big band gets to "low tier"
I got a heart attack and died
and if i ACCIDENTALLY PRESS THE RESTORE PF STREAK BUTTON WHEN THE PF IS 5 MINS LEFT

In all srsness ill quit when i can get into top 10 on ALL pfs

Reactions: Small Band
I'd quit if the community ever died out or became dry and barren. The community and how the devs interact with their players is one of the large reasons keeping me invested. Judging from where we began, the community can only grow along with the announcement of new social/guild features. So I don't see me quitting anytime soon :)

I took a temp hiatus when Marvel Strike Force came out, as trying to do two mobile apps is tough with my schedule. But MSF ended up being too much a grind and not enough fun for me to play. So I came back to SGM.

I’d probably stop playing for good if:
  • The “mobile” monetization practices get too much
  • The grind gets too long
  • The game goes too long without significant updates
  • It becomes too hard to get good rewards from PFs
  • A better mobile game comes out

The only time I’d quit is when I had absolutely nothing to do, like if I got every character to diamond as the poll said. Though if I ever became hated by the community or the community died.

Hmm, hard to say. I most likely would quit if it ended up taking too much of my day to feel like I was "making progress", or if I got bored. Or if my combination of job and hobbies shifts in a way that precludes spending much time on mobile gaming, which has a real daily aspect to it. None of that is really something that can be predicted or planned around, since I'm pretty whim driven.

I've appreciated Skullgirls mobile for fitting nicely in the nitch of being interesting and engaging without being too intense usually, so I can play even on an off day. And for being fairly forgiving of the fact that there are days or weeks where I just can't play. I think the move system has particularly been a good decision on the dev's part. It's easy to see the progress I'm making finding moves with better stats pretty regularly, but, it's not like it's an obvious hole I need to fill. Most of my characters already work fine. I just get to make them a little better every week or so while I'm also putzing around with new characters, or old characters now at new tiers. People keep getting a little stronger without it feeling like I need to get everything to 100% immediately or I'm missing out.

The first mobile game I got into I played for years before eventually quitting as the developers got bought out and the game stopped being updated.

The next one I also played for years, but it's still getting updated and growing. It's even added a ton of characters I like! But that gameplay was match-3 based, and just not that engaging. It suited me better back when I had a small child and needed something I could stop at the drop of a hat. Also the game was a huge pit you could just throw endless amounts of time and money into. It kept adding characters, but each character was *necessary* and a huge pit you needed to pour resources into, and they just kept adding more pits faster than you could fill them unless you played an insane amount, and there was never a point in sight where you might just, I don't know, enjoy playing the game because it was fun rather than scrambling for resources so you didn't get behind?

You practically needed to get their $10 a month subscription to get half the resources you needed, and even then you'd need to play 3-4 hours a day just to avoid ending up in a progress hole. New characters were required to run missions and if you didn't get the character and the resources needed to get levels for them and every one else that came out recently, it'd become increasingly hard to finish missions and you'd fall further behind. It also made leaving town really hard, because you could easily miss out on your one good chance to get a new character, and if you missed even a day of an event, you were often locked out of the most needed rewards from it. And I was one of the non-crazy people in their forum, who did not obsess over the terrible perceived unfairness that there existed rewards out there that you might not get!

So it took too long, you couldn't take breaks from it and was kinda boring, and clearly I still have some emotions about it, or I wouldn't have written that many words :rolleyes:

Reactions: Papyrus1910
I said "When I have every character as level 60 Diamond." But i like very much this game. And bring news contents. I play Always especially if you bring customizable features no matter if it's for $. And also bring greater difficulties to the game. This difficulty makes the game excellent

I used to think only when they stopped updating, but the recent AI changes make everything so frustratingly difficult I'm quite tempted to change my answer. Friggin impossible to win Accursed Experiments without having the reflexes of a ******* god

I will quit if I have no BioExorcist by the end of the year (60 relics were already opened)