• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Where do you fit taunts into your game?

Flame_Warp

Reaction score
I've basically never used taunts this whole time, and I'm getting the impression that's a mistake on my part. But even when I put them on my fighters, I find that I have a really difficult time trying to find any useful places to actually use them still. My instinct is to use them at the end of a combo before the opponent can get back up to punish, but it seems like they're mostly just barely too slow for that to be safe.

Immunity taunts are very important for many situations. Parasoul, Squigly, and Peacock have it. You can cast taunt immediately after a successful throw and should be safe. You can also use taunt instead of a sweep at the end of an air juggle combo.

Offensive Robos are generally equipped with low HP so a taunt to gain barrier can reduce some chip damage.

Squigly taunt on Poltergust is a nice renewable source of buff to feed the SA.
Big Band taunt on Resonant Evil is an obvious usefulness.

Reactions: Holy Goose
The safest time to taunt is when knocking down the opponent after the air-combo.
The other not-so-safe way is to just taunt, but you cancel the taunt into a blockbuster if the opponent attacks/approaches.

Here's some taunts I normally use in my build and some I recommend:
1.Awroo Ready :
- Number One [ Chance to gain enrage on haste ]
- Weekend Warrior [ More hype mode means more Final Stands, Immunities and Regens ]
- Wrestler X [ Building hype mode faster helps to inflict more bleed ]

2. Medici Muscle :
- Armed Forces [ Tanky and has chance when hit to get more armour ]
- Brain Freeze [ Armor plus her SA punishes high-combo character greatly ]

3. Bailment :
-Princess Pride [ Immunity helps to prevent and bleeds that cancels out your Regen ]

4. Egret Call :
- Sheltered [ With the Critical Mass Marquee, she can definitely deal some serious damage]
- Primed [ Same reason as above ]
- No Egrets [ Critical Hits guarantee to disable Blockbuster, Special Moves and Tag-In ]

5. Bagpipe Blues :
- Resonant Evil [ Tanky and has chance when hit to get more armour ]
- Heavy Metal [ Tanky and has chance when hit to get more armour ]

6. Chocoglycemia :
- Graveyard Shift [ She or her teammates gain regen for any fighter defeated. She can gain an additional regen with taunt
- Icy Hot [ Gains regen on tagging in, can get more regen with taunt ]

7. Hi Hi Birdie :
- Sketchy [ Tagging In gives you immunity, can get immunity again with taunt ]
- Untouchable [ Tanky, Immunity helps to prevent bleed from cheesing through your Unflinching ]

8. Snake Charmer :
- Poltergust [ Gets blockbuster meter when a buff expires ]
- Scared Stiff [ Prevent bleed from cheesing through Unflinching ]
- Dead of Night [ Prevents armor break and bleed IF your SA triggers ]

9. Nyaaawn :
- Rogue Agent [ Gets evasion on any Precision Hit ]
- Feline Lucky [ Critical hits has chance to gain a lot of buffs, wouldn't recommend to equip since she gets 3 Precision stacks every 7 seconds anyway ]

10. Scarlet Ladies :
- Bloody Valentine [ Gets 10% health when using special moves, so you get an additional 10% health from regen ]
- Scarlet Viper [ Use the taunt after Sekhmet Blockbusters to immediately cancel any bleed effect on you ]

11. False Intentions: Useful for any Double, but best for Rainbow Blight and Jawbreaker

12. Born With It :
-Class Cutter [ Enrage helps in dealing at least 10% damage to trigger her SA ]

13. Really Talks! :
- Overclocked [ Gains Barrier when not hit for a certain amount of time ]
- Blue Screen [ Armor and Barrier makes a very tanky build ]
- Nyanotech [ Gets barrier when launching a Headrone, use taunt for more barrier ]

14. Breakdown :
- Vaporwave Vixen [ Gets thorn and Miasma when not getting hit, use taunt to maintain her SA ]
- Chameleon Twist [ Gets Miasma when hitting a dashing opponent, use taunt and intercept attacks to reliably drain opponent HP

15. Smile! :
- Blood Drive [ She can get enrage pretty easily just by using a blockbuster to remove any Bleed on herself ]
- Freaky Friday [ Enrage helps to inflict at least 10% damage in one hit to trigger her SA ]
- Buzzkill [ Gets permanent enrage when opponent's health drop below 15%. Use taunt to further strengthen your attack ]
- Rage Appropriate [ Gets permanent Enrage when hit with at least 10% damage. Use taunt to boost your attack further ]

That's about it! Taunt generally helps any variants, but these are what I think would be a better build.

10. Scarlet Ladies :
- Bloody Valentine [ Gets 10% health when using special moves, so you get an additional 10% health from regen ]
- Scarlet Viper [ Use the taunt after Sekhmet Blockbusters to immediately cancel any bleed effect on you ]
Mummy Dearest also really benefits from Eliza's taunt. Not only does it grant instant meter due to her SA, but where she'd only potentially gain back the 20% health lost, the extra regen means she can gain back more health than she lost from the SA. This increases her survivability as well as the number of times you can use her SA.

It's really a mistake. Using taunts help in many situations, especially in the bad ones.

Immunity on-demand is huge and you might want to consider using a taunt-equipped Peacock, Parasoul or Squigly when facing annoying debuff variants (especially stunners) like Xenomorph, Resonant Evil and MnF.

Side-note, I personally like using Robo-Fortune's taunt coz of her funny lines 😄

Reactions: Holy Goose
HI, you can try these steps out.

1.Select a target to kill with your taunt.
2.Move towards the target, preferably without them noticing.
3.Do any preparations your taunt requires, such as uncloaking.
4.Taunt.
5.Watch your class perform the taunt.
6.Laugh and run away, unless you get killed .

Reactions: Oblepiha_Gadalka