• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Fights Whiff punishing and other rants...

SaltyPanda

Reaction score
Why is it so difficult to whiff punish the Ai after their super? They seem to have year long invincibility frames.

I block and immediately try to punish their whiff. Yet in trying to do so they recover with INVINCIBILITY frames and punish me instead. How is this ok?

Another example with Peacock. Some times ill try to punish an Ai's missed move or normal attack but due to the hit boxes moving away, pea's stubby poking normal cant reach. Happens a lot.

Unblockable supers gain meter WAY to easily. By the time im done with my combo they have enough to insta kill.

Getting stunned randomly in mid combos is horrible design. This is like power rangers legacy wars bad, at least there bith players can stun each other.

Throw teching seems to favor Ai recovering faster in higher difficulty fights.

Cant combo into some special moves/ supers. Or Combos are not consistent, the Ai can recover enough to mash super at higher steaks.

Cerebella lost her ability to pick up the OTG using sweep normal after this last patch. Can only pick up OTG with standing tap normals in the corner, even then its requires specific timings and setups. Specials and supers still pick it up.

I loved this game at first. More i play it the more i find how broken and easily exploitable it can be. Its slowly turning into a game that's less about skill and more about who can stack the best abilities on top of unblockables.

A lot of times it feels like the Ai reads inputs and instantly reacts.

That's all my nit picking for now. I'm sure i missed some stuff.

All supers are fully invincible until recovery ends. Any 'punish' is really just the AI choosing not to block afterwards. No, I have no idea why it's like this.

Bella sweep getting nerfed was not intentional, they were trying to just fix sweep -> sweep and ended up breaking the move altogether. It'll get fixed in the next patch.

I think a lot of the missed punish is that there's unsafe frames in combos that the AI takes advantage of and will punish you immediately if their invincibility frames end on a frame that they can punish you mid combo. Otherwise it's a gamble if they block, and if they do block it's a guaranteed punish on you.
I feel there needs to be more safe moves to throw out when the AI wants to hold block, currently the best option is to run Cerebella because of her unblockable throws.

I have been meaning to post about this for a while.
The whole idea that AI at higher streaks in Fight Money needs to be adjusted. They have almost zero frames on practically all their attacks. After a teched throw they can jab you before the animation of teched throw is done.
Additionally, regarding BB. When you click the BB icon to do it as soon as your character wakes up, there is a half to a second of stutter on your character than sometimes ends up with your character just standing there, only to be molested with a full combo and then an extension and then a BB. I have fought against cards where I have everything bought on the wheel on skill and still unable to pull off the combos the AI does to me.
Back to the zero recovery frames, when I do BB on a blocking enemy they can instantly punish me, however, I have to wait a second or so until their animation is done and good portion of the time, they end up blocking. These issues are much much more pronounced when you reached a higher streak in Prize Fights.
Another thing, the way the tiers of Prize Fighting needs to be adjusted. On the lower level where it specifies "Bronze only" and then you run into a gold team, or the second tier where you're not allowed gold cards, and still end up running into full gold. That's ridiculous, and this game seriously needs some adjustments.

TL:TR: Fix the AI.