• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

"DEAD HEAT" - Speculation and Discussion

Liam

!Robot
Hidden Variable Dev
Reaction score
Dead Heat.jpg

This thread is for discussing the upcoming Silver Squigly variant, "DEAD HEAT"
Feel free to speculate to your heart's content, and make sure to keep on eye on our social media for some clues on how her Signature Ability functions!

That aesthetic matches the element so well it makes me wish for some kind of new Burn or Singe or Wither debuff effect.

I'm thinking It'll be something to do with enrage, maybe a permanent enrage stack for every charge of her CA and that gets consumed when using a special move and adds armour break when consumed.

i probably won't play her because i'd rather keep most if not all of my hp:
  • when below 25%/10% health and without charges all attacks are unblockable
  • also slowly gain blockbuster meter for the rest of the match
bait the AI and use The Silver Chord to reel them into a combo!

what her charge attack is is still up in the air. her cHP Cremation is not out of the question though! but it could also be Arpeggio or Tremolo from the looks of it
That aesthetic matches the element so well it makes me wish for some kind of new Burn or Singe or Wither debuff effect.
Ashes to Ashes inflicts Wither debuff. it does something blockbuster related? possibly damage reduction like Cripple since there was no meter loss for the duration it was inflicted?

Last edited:
i probably won't play her because i'd rather keep most if not all of my hp:
  • when below 25% health and without charges all attacks are unblockable
  • also slowly gain blockbuster meter for the rest of the match

Pretty much agree here. I could see the constant meter gain being an all match mechanic to make her more viable. Could possibly effect the entire team as well with the meter gain. Never am really a fan of low health, bonus ability characters

Observations from the Twitter teaser:
  • 0:00 - Squigly has approx. 45% HP and is blocking
  • 0:01 - Filia dashes to Squigly only to have her dash attack blocked
  • 0:02 - Filia throws Squigly to break her block, Squigly doesn’t break the throw and ends up with approx. 5% HP
  • 0:04 - Squigly gets up and users her tier 2 blockbuster Drag ‘N’ Drop, which inflicts Armor Break, oddly this becomes unblockable which never happens for a non-throw based blockbuster and one that isn’t tier 3
  • 0:06 - 5 hits into her BB2, we can see Squigly is already passively generating a tiny amount of meter per second for her just used BB
  • 0:10 - Squigly uses datass to force Filia to tag out, which is apparently also made unblockable by her SA. Since Filia has no teammate, she bounces back toward Squigly
  • 0:11 - Squigly uses Ashes to Ashes special move, which inflicts a brand new debuff called “Wither” on Parasite Weave. Wither appears to have an icon related to blockbusters, towards the end of the video Filia’s meters remained the same so we can assume it’s not a debuff that drains meter over time. Perhaps Wither reduces blockbuster damage by 50% or something.

Signature ability guesses:
  • When below 15/20/25% HEALTH, all hits become UNBLOCKABLE
  • When below 25/35/50% HEALTH, gain 5% BLOCKBUSTER METER per second

Observations from the Twitter teaser:
  • 0:00 - Squigly has approx. 45% HP and is blocking
  • 0:01 - Filia dashes to Squigly only to have her dash attack blocked
  • 0:02 - Filia throws Squigly to break her block, Squigly doesn’t break the throw and ends up with approx. 5% HP
  • 0:04 - Squigly gets up and users her tier 2 blockbuster Drag ‘N’ Drop, which inflicts Armor Break, oddly this becomes unblockable which never happens for a non-throw based blockbuster and one that isn’t tier 3
  • 0:06 - 5 hits into her BB2, we can see Squigly is already passively generating a tiny amount of meter per second for her just used BB
  • 0:10 - Squigly uses datass to force Filia to tag out, which is apparently also made unblockable by her SA. Since Filia has no teammate, she bounces back toward Squigly
  • 0:11 - Squigly uses Ashes to Ashes special move, which inflicts a brand new debuff called “Wither” on Parasite Weave. Wither appears to have an icon related to blockbusters, towards the end of the video Filia’s meters remained the same so we can assume it’s not a debuff that drains meter over time. Perhaps Wither reduces blockbuster damage by 50% or something.

Signature ability guesses:
  • When below 15/20/25% HEALTH, all hits become UNBLOCKABLE
  • When below 25/35/50% HEALTH, gain 5% BLOCKBUSTER METER per second
If its all hits wouldnt the tag out say unblockable too?

It did say that if you watch closely
Even though everything in it did seem unblockable, that would seem over the top for a silver fighter. I’m assuming that it is similar to raw nerv painwheel, except ONLY blockbusters and special moves are unblockable at a low percent.

So, the 2021 Revolutionary Relics, AKA Dead Heat relics, inspired me to drop by here. Nobody really wants to use her offensively because she's too risky to use overall, especially with her current attack stat.

Please PLEASE tweak her, maybe adjust her SA1 to activate at 40% HP *or* maybe change her SA2 to drain meter when she doesn't have a fully charged BB without counting as Miasma (like how assasin's greed's hp recovery isn't actually a stack of regen) at the very least.

Reactions: rexturtle1120