• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Resolved inferno brigade completely misses

Inked

Reaction score
adding on to the lovely bug where Parasoul’s egrets abandon her, ive got another one to add onto her BB3!

i was playing in Prize Fights and had defeated the whole team except one Brain Freeze Cerebella. right before she tagged in, i activated Inferno Brigade with my Parasoul. as soon as the Cerebella tagged in, Parasoul’s egrets jumped off screen and abandoned her and Parasoul started shooting on her own. the thing is, none of Parasoul’s shots hit the Cerebella and instead she just stood there waiting for the BB3 animation to finish. i was shooting her at point-blank range in the corner of the screen and none of her health decreased and she didn’t react to any of the hits.

TL;DR Inferno Brigade is having issues again

iPhone 6s
IOS 11.3.1

I’ve gotten this THREE times now, please fix it Hidden Variable

Reactions: Inked
My encouter with a complete miss was also when fighting against a cerebella, expect it was a grey matter instead of a brain freeze. Other than that, the steps that led to this complete dud were exactly the same as Inked's. I'd like to bring up again the fact that very often when used against valentine, especially when valentine is low on health, inferno brigade inflicts almost negligible damage, which it shouldn't. And this much watered-down inferno brigade happens with other AI enemies as well, just not as frequently as with valentine.

Last edited:
My encouter with a complete miss was also when fighting against a cerebella, expect it was a grey matter instead of a brain freeze. Other than that, the steps that led to this complete dud were exactly the same as Inked's. I'd like to bring up again the fact that very often when used against valentine, especially when valentine is low on health, inferno brigade inflicts almost negligible damage, which it shouldn't. And this much watered-down inferno brigade happens with other AI enemies as well, just not as frequently as with valentine.

i’ve experienced the same thing with Valentine. out of all the characters she seems to be the one where inferno brigade does little to no damage most of the time (i haven’t kept track of how much it occurs with each character, but that’s what i remember).
i wonder if the whole thing with inferno brigade completely missing is tied to fighting against Cerebella? i’ve tried testing it against her in training and replicating the same situation i went through, but i can’t get it to activate again when i want it to.

Reactions: Robokit
AFAIK the inferno brigade deals MORE damage at a decent range than point blank
because if you look at the dmg numbers and the knockback speed the further the enemy is the faster it goes.
The miss can also be caused by the hitbox. cause val's stance is a little bit crouched (Not fanservicing ehm) her hit box is smaller whereas big band stands tall even breaking the 4th wall (covering the health bar) so his hitbox is bigger

The egrets REALLY need more training

Reactions: Robokit and Inked
I’ve gotten this THREE times now, please fix it Hidden Variable
Really sorry guys, we just haven't been able to reproduce this version of the bug.

There are two reasons that the Egrets leave when Parasoul starts BB3:

- The hidden "timer" that tells the move to stop shooting (which is supposed to be synced between Parasoul and her Egrets) goes off, which forces the move to end. This activates normally which prevents it from being infinite. It sounds like this timer is going off the moment they start shooting, which forces the move to end very early.

- Parasoul gets hit, and all of the egrets leave. There are a few edge case scenarios where this is true even when she is not getting hit, and these ones can be reproduced and fixed.

Everyone report of this bug can't be reproduced in training mode, which usually means that the issue is caused by a whole bunch of very very specific steps before the bug occurs. Without knowing what those steps are, it's unlikely we'll be able to fix this.

Many variables are stored between different actions, and sometimes moves activated earlier can influence a move used in the future. I'll need to hear about what happened leading up to the issue.

If someone has a video recording of the issue from the start of the round, to the activation of the bug, that would be very helpful.

Reactions: Robokit and Inked
In my experience, it happened twice to me.
Both times I had just killed the second enemy fighter and just before Valentine's tag in I activated Inferno Brigade. Both times it simply seemed like it did no damage at all.

(Maybe this more details help you guys hunt down this bug, because it's starting to look like it's happening a lot)

Edit: both times the bug occurred against a Valentine being the last standing enemy fighter

Really sorry guys, we just haven't been able to reproduce this version of the bug.

There are two reasons that the Egrets leave when Parasoul starts BB3:

- The hidden "timer" that tells the move to stop shooting (which is supposed to be synced between Parasoul and her Egrets) goes off, which forces the move to end. This activates normally which prevents it from being infinite. It sounds like this timer is going off the moment they start shooting, which forces the move to end very early.

- Parasoul gets hit, and all of the egrets leave. There are a few edge case scenarios where this is true even when she is not getting hit, and these ones can be reproduced and fixed.

Everyone report of this bug can't be reproduced in training mode, which usually means that the issue is caused by a whole bunch of very very specific steps before the bug occurs. Without knowing what those steps are, it's unlikely we'll be able to fix this.

Many variables are stored between different actions, and sometimes moves activated earlier can influence a move used in the future. I'll need to hear about what happened leading up to the issue.

If someone has a video recording of the issue from the start of the round, to the activation of the bug, that would be very helpful.

thanks for responding Liam! it does seem to be the case where a bunch of variables could be affecting/causing this bug. i’ll try to get a video of this happening (even though it’s kind of difficult, since it only happens in the “perfect” situations)

Last edited:
Reactions: Liam and Psyche
thanks for responding Liam! it does seem to be the case where a bunch of variables could be affecting/causing this bug. i’ll try to get a video of this happening (even though it’s kind of difficult, since it only happens in the “perfect” situations)
That would be great!

To give you a quick example bug, Parasoul will always throw the opponent backwards if the throw connects after the opponent uses a sweep. (Working on fixing this one)

Opponent variables / actions can also influence the outcome of another character's actions. If it's not too much work to just leave your screen recording tool on until it happens, that would be much appreciated. Feel free to destroy any recordings where the issue doesn't occur to save space.

Reactions: Inked
hey! i got one!
i’m not sure if this is a good one or not - when the bug occurred it was against an Untouchable which makes it seem like it’s the reason why Inferno Brigade did such little damage, but i slowed down the video and it was pretty clear that the Egrets left early. i just hope the Bulletproof SA doesn’t make anything confusing... i can always try to get another video too.

edit: if you need to skip to it, i activate the BB3 at 1:06 in the video.

Sweet!

Thanks very much. I still can't promise I'll be able to diagnose and resolve this issue for 2.4 (it's unlikely, actually), but I'll take a look and see what I can do.

Because of how much content we've added in 2.4, we have a lot of other bugs that take priority over this one.