• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Bug - Normal Block cancelling randomly

TonyPartridge30

Reaction score
iOS 11.4.1
iPhone 6s
Game version 2.5.2

I was playing the Medici Crime Spree PF and noticed in a couple games that my block would cancel despite me maintaining two fingers on the screen. This happened when I was playing as Private Dick Big Band and another time playing as Rainbow Blight Double. I would just be blocking normally, and without me changing the input, the block would just end. I didn't move my fingers at all, but the block cancelled, multiple times. Haven't seen this in other playlists yet. At first I thought that enemy attacks were going through block, but then I started keeping a close eye on my character and noticed them randomly coming out of block stance despite me still inputting block command.

Did you possibly hit the auto fight button by accident? I have hit that by accident and had what you are saying happen where my fighter just randomly kicks out of blocking

Did you possibly hit the auto fight button by accident? I have hit that by accident and had what you are saying happen where my fighter just randomly kicks out of blocking
When I first noticed the block cancelling I checked for that. In both instances, auto fight was still off.

Just those two fighter or any fighter? Are you happen to be charging? Older model iPhone have a random bug that the touchscreen malfunctions when charging. It happens like this. Don’t matter where your touching the point of contact will randomly slide away from your finger/wiggle back and forth for a fraction of a second. Don’t always happen and it’s not consecutive. I only know because I have a iPhone SE with the touchscreen bug.

iOS 11.4.1
iPhone 6s
Game version 2.5.2

I was playing the Medici Crime Spree PF and noticed in a couple games that my block would cancel despite me maintaining two fingers on the screen. This happened when I was playing as Private Dick Big Band and another time playing as Rainbow Blight Double. I would just be blocking normally, and without me changing the input, the block would just end. I didn't move my fingers at all, but the block cancelled, multiple times. Haven't seen this in other playlists yet. At first I thought that enemy attacks were going through block, but then I started keeping a close eye on my character and noticed them randomly coming out of block stance despite me still inputting block command.
Unfortunately this is sort of one of those "a bug happened" reports that is hard for us to follow up on and resolve. I use a 6 plus for all my day to day playing and I've never had an issue with my block dropping without something specific happening.

It would be really great if you could record a video of the issue happening just in case something else happening is causing your Fighter to stop blocking. iOS11 should have native screen recording built in.

Agh, I really wish iOS had "Show Touches" like Android does, since it helps identify touch screen issues versus game issues.

Unfortunately this is sort of one of those "a bug happened" reports that is hard for us to follow up on and resolve. I use a 6 plus for all my day to day playing and I've never had an issue with my block dropping without something specific happening.

It would be really great if you could record a video of the issue happening just in case something else happening is causing your Fighter to stop blocking. iOS11 should have native screen recording built in.

Agh, I really wish iOS had "Show Touches" like Android does, since it helps identify touch screen issues versus game issues.
Yeah my iOS has screen recording. If I notice it again I'll see if I can capture it. Unfortunately without recording every fight I do, I'm not sure I'll be able to catch it. Could be intermittent enough that it doesn't cause too much concern. It could also very well be something I did but didn't notice.

Just those two fighter or any fighter? Are you happen to be charging? Older model iPhone have a random bug that the touchscreen malfunctions when charging. It happens like this. Don’t matter where your touching the point of contact will randomly slide away from your finger/wiggle back and forth for a fraction of a second. Don’t always happen and it’s not consecutive. I only know because I have a iPhone SE with the touchscreen bug.
I only noticed it with those two fighters I mentioned. Haven't noticed it on anyone else yet.

Noticed this issue again come up today when I was playing as Peacock against a Big Band. Unfortunately I don't have a video recording as I wasn't expecting the issue to show up. I just noticed that the enemy character was able to hit me despite both thumbs being on the screen (not swiping, just regular block input).

Noticed this issue again come up today when I was playing as Peacock against a Big Band. Unfortunately I don't have a video recording as I wasn't expecting the issue to show up. I just noticed that the enemy character was able to hit me despite both thumbs being on the screen (not swiping, just regular block input).
- What was Peacock doing beforehand?
- What move did Big Band use?
- What was the context leading up to the hit?
- What Big Band variant?
- What Peacock variant?
- What?

I'll need more details to look into this one, thanks in advance!

- What was Peacock doing beforehand?
- What move did Big Band use?
- What was the context leading up to the hit?
- What Big Band variant?
- What Peacock variant?
- What?

I'll need more details to look into this one, thanks in advance!
As far as I remember:
- Peacock should have been blocking at the left corner of the stage. I wasn't making any moves and just had my two thumbs on the screen for blocking input.
- I'm pretty sure he used the big fist special move (Brass Knuckles). I'm not 100% sure, though.
- I was completely focused on the Big Band, waiting for him to make an opening that I could punish. I wasn't looking at my Peacock, hence why I didn't notice that she wasn't in blocking position; I assumed she was blocking based on my thumbs being on the screen. Peacock was on the left of the screen, Big Band on the right. I let Big Band close the distance without moving myself because I just wanted to bait a move out of him. The surprise came when my block didn't absorb the hit. I didn't shift my thumbs in surprise to the attack because I knew it was coming, so I don't think it was a matter of me trying to punish too early.
- Private Dick was the enemy
- That's All Folks! was my Peacock

Given how intermittent this issue is with me, it could have been that my one of my thumbs wasn't making appropriate contact with the screen to count towards block input. I'm not sure. Given how familiar I am with the game and my phone, though, I feel like I know where my thumbs are supposed to go. Also there will be some times when the game seemingly doesn't respond to my input, like it won't activate a move/BB when I hit the button, or it will dash forward when I wanted to do a standard hit, or while holding block my character gets up but not into block position. In general it's not like these situations cost me much aside from momentary confusion, and they're so few and far between that I generally forget about them quickly. I just can't be sure if it's me or the game.

Given how intermittent this issue is with me, it could have been that my one of my thumbs wasn't making appropriate contact with the screen to count towards block input. I'm not sure. Given how familiar I am with the game and my phone, though, I feel like I know where my thumbs are supposed to go. Also there will be some times when the game seemingly doesn't respond to my input, like it won't activate a move/BB when I hit the button, or it will dash forward when I wanted to do a standard hit, or while holding block my character gets up but not into block position. In general it's not like these situations cost me much aside from momentary confusion, and they're so few and far between that I generally forget about them quickly. I just can't be sure if it's me or the game.
I can't rule out the possibility that a bug is messing with your character actions, but I do play on an iPhone 6s myself (not every waking hour, mind you) and I haven't had any issues like that before.

There was an issue where your inputs were ignored when the opponent used multiple blockbusters back to back (before 2.6.0), and we fixed that as soon as we found it. Since then, I haven't noticed any issues.

The process for getting a bug resolved is usually something like...
Bug is reported > QA investigates the bug and finds steps to reproduce it 100% of the time > Engineer resolves the issue using these steps.

Unfortunately with reports like yours here, we can't neatly resolve it using our pipeline. These investigations could take away hours and hours of development time with no results. If you're able to capture the issue on video with touch inputs displayed or something (unfortunately an Android only feature, I believe), then we would be able to start looking into this.

Sorry for the inconvenience! Hope you understand where we're coming from.

Sorry for the inconvenience! Hope you understand where we're coming from.
I understand, Liam. If it was a more prominent issue I would record every fight I could in order to provide some video support. Either way, hopefully documenting these findings will proof useful in the future

I had another encounter with the issue. This time I was Rainbow Blight Double facing Epic Sax Big Band, in the Light elemental PF. I was holding block down to gain some buffs, and since I was looking at my Double this time, I noticed that she would be in the block position, and without me moving my fingers, suddenly came out of block. To resume blocking I had to lift my fingers and then put them back on the screen. This happened twice during the fight. Both times I was in a block, cycling buffs, and for some reason the block just ended despite the fact that I did not move my fingers at all (no swiping, tapping, or anything, just 2 thumbs stationary on the screen).

Update: I caught some video!
There is no touch input display because it's on iPhone, but the scenario occurred again. As you can see, I was playing as Rainbow Blight again, against Wulfsbane. After double-dash attacking to push Beowulf away, I begin blocking to build some buffs. Beowulf comes at me and proceeds to attack into my block. However, without me ever changing my finger positions (I am 100% sure), my block ends in the midst of Beo's combo and he is able to defeat me. I know without input display that can't be verified, but I guarantee with absolute certainty that my fingers did not shift at all during from the time I began blocking to the time when the block cancelled and Beowulf punished me. This is on game version 2.6.1, iPhone 6s, iOS 12.0.

Last edited: