• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Disscussion for the new coin shop

Reshiram18

Reaction score
Earlier today the official SGM twitter page (original post linked here:https://twitter.com/sgmobile/status/1053807362660679682) posted about a new coin shop/treasure shop that will be in version 2.7 where you can use either Canopy Coins or new as of now unrevealed treasure items to purchase moves, keys, bronze fighters, or even a Premier Relic. What are your thoughts on this addition?

Cellsai Edit:
I'm just adding in the text and picture from the tweet for ease of discussion. Don't mind me!

"Behold the finest array of treasures, trinkets, bits and baubles from across the multiverse. Sustainably procured from the rift to table, I assure you. I accept coins, souls, and everything in between. What I sell changes every hour. The only question is - what are you buying?"

Dp_f2iyU8AAkseX.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it`s a good way to add certainty to getting more characters, rather than relying on relics to get them all.

Reactions: rexturtle1120
I think it`s a good way to add certainty to getting more characters, rather than relying on relics to get them all.
My only problem with what you are saying is that you assume that any random fighter rarity will be available when what may be the case is that only bronze fighters can be directly purchased with coins, as was shown in the original tweet.

Will Gold fighters be able to purchase? That’s all i really want to know.
Also, is this a permanent addition to the game or temporary for Halloween? (will it come back around christmas and other big holidays?)

Earlier today the official SGM twitter page (original post linked here:https://twitter.com/sgmobile/status/1053807362660679682) posted about a new coin shop/treasure shop that will be in version 2.7 where you can use either Canopy Coins or new as of now unrevealed treasure items to purchase moves, keys, bronze fighters, or even a Premier Relic. What are your thoughts on this addition?

OOOOOh boy. I'm actually excited for this while also a bit worried on where this might lead on in the future, but I'm mostly excited though. Think 'Treasures' might have a much more desired page of items such as Gold Fighters, Gold Relics, maaaybe Theonite with the exchange of what might be the new currency, Souls. My theory is that with the release of guilds as well in 2.7, a new type of guild type mode will be unlocked as well. And the rewards that vary would include the currency, Souls.

OOOOOh boy. I'm actually excited for this while also a bit worried on where this might lead on in the future, but I'm mostly excited though. Think 'Treasures' might have a much more desired page of items such as Gold Fighters, Gold Relics, maaaybe Theonite with the exchange of what might be the new currency, Souls. My theory is that with the release of guilds as well in 2.7, a new type of guild type mode will be unlocked as well. And the rewards that vary would include the currency, Souls.
A new Currency would be cool but are we sure he’s actually talking about something’s fun isn’t just using dandyish words to get his point across that he sells everything for anything. Totally seperate but if you look in the background near the bottom right corner you can see something is locked, hmmmm

Totally seperate but if you look in the background near the bottom right corner you can see something is locked, hmmmm

Yup. If you could compare the position of the previewed mode at the end of the 2.6 update notes and in this picture, it kinda seems they are going for it now.

I added the tweet/image directly into the first post just to make it easy on everyone :)

"Behold the finest array of treasures, trinkets, bits and baubles from across the multiverse. Sustainably procured from the rift to table, I assure you. I accept coins, souls, and everything in between. What I sell changes every hour. The only question is - what are you buying?"

Dp_f2iyU8AAkseX.jpg

I am very intrigued by this! So many questions!

What the heck is that icon on the Treasures?!
Will Gold characters be available?!
Will we be able to check the stats of moves before we buy them?!
Where the heck am I going to get enough coins for all this?! Maxing out the trees on all my variants and level 15ing all my SMs and Blockbusters has already driven me to bankruptsy!
Who is this mysterious Consumer player and why do they have just under a million theonite?!

So I know this is super irrelevant to the thread at hand but I kinda decided to take a bit closer look at this tucked away lock in the picture that showcases the hourly shop.

20181022_225505.png

And now comparing it with the 'Rift Battles' preview in the 2.6 notes.

20181022_230029.png

This might or might not be actually what I initially thought out to be. For the 'might not', 'Rift Battles' seems to be located at the bottom left instead of the right as the one in the hourly shop pic. Two, these two pics actually don't look the same at all. Well of course there is the 'three pillars' in both pics as well, but they are both different in overall look and location (with the weird shape beside the hourly shop pic one). Conclusion?
1. A brand new mode or feature not yet shown.
2. Just some changes or nothing important and I'm just that into deep (lmao it's probably this).

alsosorryforpostingthisshithere

Last edited:
I think that's just one of the story locations in the background.
I guess the Consumer testing account hasn't gone through story mode yet and maybe the lock is attached to that?

20181022_163114.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Chocostix
I think that's just one of the story locations in the background.
I guess the Consumer testing account hasn't gone through story mode yet and maybe the lock is attached to that?

View attachment 1768

Really? I don't recall locks appearing in the main menu. Also, was there ever a lock in that location though?

Really? I don't recall locks appearing in the main menu. Also, was there ever a lock in that location though?
I think the lock will be there for new players, as I can recall when the 2018 transfer from lien happened I replayed the tutorial before I logged back into my account- the locks appear on the daily event and the prize fights until you’re like player level ten

Not questioning the lock icon (maybe the Cabinet needs to be unlocked? With a Dev account, who knows). But there is no significance at to what the lock icon is covering:
skm_1.jpg

skm_2.jpg
Once Rift Battles becomes a thing, looks like it will take the place of the current Missions box, and the Mission box will probably move to the 'inbox' spot and the 'inbox' moves to the upper left. I think the Cabinet will be to the right of the Relics box and below the Stash box.

Reactions: Chocostix
FYI - that LOCK icon is something from our developer build. It's present on almost all of our screenshots that come from work in progress content. Pay it no mind. :p

Yes!
Thanks Liam, boy do I feel like a bit of a dope- regardless knowing the Move stats will be super helpful when I start trying to really boost my Feline lucky Ms.Fourtunes Critical rate

It is interesting to see some sort of cost/value on certain things.

Silver Moves being 30K vs 2k when sold.

Even buying a Bronze Card at 30k seems like a better deal than the gamble of getting one after spending 50k with a Premiere Relic. But 50k for a Premiere Relic is a better deal than paying 100Theo for one (90 if you 10+1)

The Treasures tab is most exciting. Can't help but agree with other theories that those items 'cost' something other than CC or Theo (or are the Devs being cute knowing that Theo is the 'soul' currency for the game.)

Initially, I thought "What I sell changes every hour" was gonna be annoying, but really, you only have to check offerings every 2 hours.

Looking forward to the Cabinet of Curiosities.

30K for a bronze. Sounds fair. I'm curious how much people would pay for the higher tiers (if they appear!).

Since it takes 3 bronzes to evolve to silver, suppose a silver in the CoC (er, Taliesin, you may not want to abbreviate) would be 90K. Then 4 silvers for a gold, so the price skyrockets to 360K. Never gonna happen, but if a diamond appeared in the Cabinet of Curiosities, it would be 5 times a gold, 1.8 million. 360K for a guaranteed gold or gamble on a Premiere Relic (50K) and save 310K.

Reactions: Geoniced
30K for a bronze. Sounds fair. I'm curious how much people would pay for the higher tiers (if they appear!).

Since it takes 3 bronzes to evolve to silver, suppose a silver in the CoC (er, Taliesin, you may not want to abbreviate) would be 90K. Then 4 silvers for a gold, so the price skyrockets to 360K. Never gonna happen, but if a diamond appeared in the Cabinet of Curiosities, it would be 5 times a gold, 1.8 million. 360K for a guaranteed gold or gamble on a Premiere Relic (50K) and save 310K.

Would Diamond be even more though? Since 3 Essence is also part of the Evolution? And that then begs the question, what is the coin/Theo value of 1 Essence? 300Theo gets you a shot at one from an Elemental Relic, but how many would you need to crack before getting one? I doubt 10+1 guarantees at least 1 Essence. Yep, Essence is gonna cost ya :eek:

Well, the patch notes confirmed a silver fighter is 280K