• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Other Portuguese Translation Nitpicks and Bugs Pt. II

MedK

Reaction score
I'm glad y'all actually listened to the wall text I did last time. Thank you.

So I decided to go around the stuff I have and report stuff. This time most of them are small(er) nitpicks, though.

1 - Frayed Ends;
Her SA1's description says "X% de chance do GOLPE [...]", which translates to something like "X% of chance that ATTACK [...]". While it apparently seems fine, it begs the question "What attack?"
To fix it, I'd suggest changing it to "Cada GOLPE tem X% de chance de [...]"

2 - Bad Hair Day
BHD's SA2 says "Bônus de CHANCE DE CRÍTICO X% [...]". Just add a "de" after "CRÍTICO" and it becomes fine.

3 - Sketchy
On the last post, I did a typo on the new description suggestion. I wrote "Pra quê" instead of "Pra que". My b.

4 - Nunsense
On her description, it says "Pode ser hábito se formando". There is an "um" missing between "ser" and "hábito".
Her SA1's description doesn't update at all when you upgrade it. Also, it says "segundos". Should say "segundo(s)", as it is 1 second at level 1.

5 - Squigly
Both MA names use male adjectives; "Morto" is a male-exclusive adjective. For females, the proper form would be "Morta". Same thing with "vivo", being replaced with "viva".

6 - ???
Some SAs and MAs lack periods at the end. I'm not sure what form is the correct one, so...

7 - Xenomorph
It got translated to "Xenamorfo", a word that doesn't exist. It could be translated to "Xenomorfa", which corrects a typo and properly changes the adjective to female form.

8 - Temple Tyrant
On the SA description, "Majoras" could be replaced with "majoritárias". Not sure why the M is upper case though

9 - Rusty
SA2 has a concordance error; "1 EFEITOS POSITIVOS". Should be "1 EFEITO(S) POSITIVO(S)"

10 - Assassin's Greed
Its name could be changed from "Preços de Matar" to "Preços para Matar", as it becomes a neat reference to a movie.

11 - Number One
On his description, there should be an "a" between "será" e "vitória".

SA2 could be reworded to "Cada GOLPE tem X% de chance de ganhar FÚRIA por X segundos caso Beowulf esteja com VELOCIDADE".

12 - That's All Folks!
SA1 says "ATINGIDO", a male-exclusive adjective. Correct form would be "ATINGIDA"

13 - Resonant Evil
His name seems a bit too long, causing unreadability sometimes and making it bleed into other places in other occasions. Why not keep his English name, Resonant Evil? The movie the name is based on is still called "Resident Evil" in Portuguese.

14 - Rainbow Blight
"Íris-Color" makes no sense whatsoever, as it isn't a word in Brazilian Portuguese (the type of Portuguese the game uses).
So how about "Altar-Íris"? A pun with altar and rainbow, representing Double (a nun) and the costume.

15 - Big Top
"Andorea" is not a word and makes no sense at all. Its name could be "Ressurgente", referencing a trilogy of movies and also her SA.

16 - Doublicious
Her name got translated to "Chicleteiro", a male-exclusive adjective. "Chicleteira" would be more appropriate.

17 - Stand Out
Her name got translated to "O Conde", a male-exclusive term. Correct form would be "A Condesa". But even then, it doesn't really match with Eliza or Dio. Oh well.

18 - Summer Salt
Her name got translated to "Salgado" (Salty), a male-exclusive adjective. Correct form is "Salgada", even though it kinda feels a bit plain. Welp.

19 - Freeze Frame
Description says "Eu sou o mais forte!". Since Peacock is female, "Eu sou a mais forte!" would be more appropriate.

20 - Silent Kill
"Morro Quieto" is literally "Silent Hill" in Portuguese. While there's nothing wrong with that, it is a bit confusing, as "Morro" is also a verb (the verb, meaning "I die", is way more used than the noun, meaning "hill"), so people take a long time to actually notice what is happening on the name, and it ends up sounding weird.

The Silent Hill game's name in Portuguese is still Silent Hill. So Silent Kill should be kept, imo.

21 - Dread Locks.
Her name became something very weird. Not sure how I hadn't noticed it either. How about "Cachinhos Malvados", meaning something like "Mean Locks", which's sorta a pun on Goldilocks.

22 - Diva Intervention
Got translated to "Intervenção Diva", which is missing the preposition "da". Correct form would be "Intervenção da Diva".

23 - Head Hunter
Got translated to "Caçador de Recompensas". "Caçador" is a male-only adjective; correct way is "Caçadora".

24 - Headstrong
Her quote says "Eles serão jogados para dar uma voltinha", which roughly means "They will be thrown to take a walk". Doesn't make much sense. It could be changed from "jogados para" to "forçados a"; "they will be forced to take a walk"

---

1 - Canopy Coins
Canopy Coins' name changed, but to something even farther from what the English one says; now, it doesn't even obey Portuguese rules. Why is it called "Dossel" and not "Moedas Canopy"? What is a dossel?

2 - Stash
It got translated to "Esconderijo", which means "Hiding Place" and has nothing to do with what it does. It could be changed to "Inventário", meaning "Inventory"

3 - Wednesday Night Rawr
It got translated to "Telecatch das Quintas-Feiras", and, while it's fine gramatically, "Quintas-Feiras" means "Thursdays". So it could be replaced with "Quartas-Feiras" or just "Quartas" for a less formal appearance.

4 - Live Wire modifier
Its Portuguese translation says it inflicts BLEED, not STUN. So swap "SANGRAMENTO" with "ATORDOAMENTO".
It also says 1 segundos (1 seconds). To fix it, just remove the last S.

---

SMs & BBs ideas:
http://forum.skullgirlsmobile.com/threads/pt-br-translation-nitpicks-pt-iii-moves-edition.4808/

Looking at it now, it ended up pretty long, again. Sigh.

Once again though, thank you for fixing the reported stuff from last time. Really appreciated!

Last edited:
@MedK, do you think that you will be adding to this list throughout the lifetime of 3.0? (Not 3.1)

If so, perhaps we can loop back around on the final list towards the end and make these improvements in one swoop? We do most of our localization at the very end of an update cycle.

If not, just let me know!

Sure thing! Updating this soon.

Last edited:
2-So many "de". I think "Bônus de CHANCE DE CRÍTICO mais X% [...]" it's better. Add a "mais" instead of "de"

2-So many "de". I think "Bônus de CHANCE DE CRÍTICO mais X% [...]" it's better. Add a "mais" instead of "de"

That would make the "Bônus" part kinda redundant. It'd have to be reworded completely, and only due to a third "de"?

Last edited:
That would make the "Bônus" part kinda redundant. It'd have to be reworded completely, and only due to a third "de"?
Yeah, but sounds better than "de", "de", "de". So what about "CHANCE DE CRÍTICO mais X% [...]"?

And I found a little mistake in the Rift Battle. In the last node on the top, in the Figh Modifier Live Wire it says "While BLOCKING, gain a 50% chance when hit to inflict STUN for 1 second". In portuguese "Ao BLOQUEAR, ganhe 50% de chance de causar SANGRAMENTO[...]". But "sangramento" means "bleeding", then replace "Sangramento" for "Atordoamento". And again in the same node and fight modifier it's "1 segundo" and NOT "1 segundos". "Segundos" is plural

Yeah, but sounds better than "de", "de", "de". So what about "CHANCE DE CRÍTICO mais X% [...]"?

And I found a little mistake in the Rift Battle. In the last node on the top, in the Figh Modifier Live Wire it says "While BLOCKING, gain a 50% chance when hit to inflict STUN for 1 second". In portuguese "Ao BLOQUEAR, ganhe 50% de chance de causar SANGRAMENTO[...]". But "sangramento" means "bleeding", then replace "Sangramento" for "Atordoamento". And again in the same node and fight modifier it's "1 segundo" and NOT "1 segundos". "Segundos" is plural

Again, "mais" would make the "bônus" part redundant and we'd have to rewrite all the rest to match it.

Neat find btw, thanks.

@Liam Just updated it again, probably done. Sundae School's name bothers me a bit but I can't think of anything. Oh well. Check the BB and SM suggestions linked in the first post too, please!

Again, "mais" would make the "bônus" part redundant and we'd have to rewrite all the rest to match it.
I think the best solution is this: "Bônus de X% na CHANCE DE CRÍTICO se o oponente...". This way, we eliminate the "de de de" part. :D

Reactions: MedK
K so, probably deleting this soon, it doesn't seem like any of this will be useful later. Rip.