• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Bug - Normal Rift battles bug / overall unbalanced

InsomnioStd

Reaction score
Ok, rift battles are just broken in the state they currently are
First of all:
THE BALANCE48243163_1984815691607450_2394601334474014720_n.jpg
This is not fair to the other guy, the same happened to a friend of mine, and I'm sure that is happening a lot to other people.

THE RIFT BATTLE BUG
bandicam 2018-12-10 20-28-48-456.jpg

So, OK. In this image you can see the defense team of that module. But let's watch what happens when I enter the module...

bandicam 2018-12-10 20-28-52-979.jpg
Another defense team just appears! Interesting enough, is the same defense team from the opponent I battled before... (Screenshot not abviable)

bandicam 2018-12-10 20-42-59-052.jpg
I lost, and then retried the fight, but now the real team appears! What is happening Devs???!!!! (I forgot to take the screenshot previous to the fight [Where you select your team])

If you are skeptical about the veracity of this, you can check the hour/date of the screenshots

ADDITIONAL INFO (TECHNICAL STUFF):
I'm running the game in Bluestacks 3
-Client version - 3.50.66.2547
-Engine version - 2.50.69.9843
-Android v4.4.2

I ran into the same issue here, on my phone (Samsung Galaxy S5, Android v. 6.0.1) It started out with the defense node appearing as normal, then the defense team from the last rift battle on that corresponding node appeared and had to be fought, then after winning the old team showed on the node, but with the wrong fighter score, then after leaving and re-opening the rift battle everything was back to normal.
Edit: The forum doesn't like my uploading screenshots apparently, or imgur albums. Sorry.

man you think silver 1 vs bronze 1 is unbalanced? im gold 1, I faced silver 1, silver 4 and now BRONZE 1. silver levels are fine. its just one tier down, but bronze? why do this to me? more importantly why do this to those other guys! they cant even finish 3 fights before giving up/running out of carries.

We'll investigate the matchmaking issues to make sure that everything is lining up the way we're expecting. At the moment, things are little bit scattered since it's a completely brand new game mode.

Once things settle down a bit and everyone lands in their proper rank, matchmaking should be a lot less lopsided.

As for the "Boss Node Turning Into My Last Opponents Boss Node" bug, we're looking into it! Thanks for the reports. We'll loop back around for more details as we need them.

(In the future, it would be best if these were two different threads. Suggestions and feedback are usually better separate from critical bug reports.)

We'll investigate the matchmaking issues to make sure that everything is lining up the way we're expecting. At the moment, things are little bit scattered since it's a completely brand new game mode.

Once things settle down a bit and everyone lands in their proper rank, matchmaking should be a lot less lopsided.

As for the "Boss Node Turning Into My Last Opponents Boss Node" bug, we're looking into it! Thanks for the reports. We'll loop back around for more details as we need them.

(In the future, it would be best if these were two different threads. Suggestions and feedback are usually better separate from critical bug reports.)
I guess i should note that, for me, this wasn't the Boss Node, it was the one directly below it

I did some drifting, and got me a werenode once.

Drift 1: I clear all the map and win
Drift 2: I fail to clear the map and lose with 2 nodes - the boss node and the armour node. Did 2 attempts at both, and I think I made the last attempt at the armour node. So far no bugs
Drift 3: Here be bugs. Boss node is fine, armour node puts me against the Drift 2 armour team (it's displayed normally on the map, but there's surprise inside). Reloading the game does not fix it. I lose the fight using throwaway cards. This increases the attempts counter on the current map. Node FS on the map is shown incorrectly (I think it's the FS of the previous team), but opening the node shows correct FS and the proper team which allows me to win the fight normally and clear the map.
Drift 4: no bugs.

Reactions: Zachary Baumstark
Another example of mismatched node and fight preview screens. Like the OP it's the same boss team in the fight preview screen as I had in my previous Rift Battle. Running on and ipad mini 4, iOS 11.4.1, Opponent is Blimeylimey, time 1:04pm Arizona Time (I apologize as always for my state having it's own time zone)

Edit: Unlike the OP, I ended up fighting the team of my previous Rift Battle opponent. I'm pretty annoyed, because any hope of winning this Rift Battle was entirely dependent on winning this one fight.

Attachments

• IMG_1939.PNG
    IMG_1939.PNG
    435.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1940.PNG
    IMG_1940.PNG
    516 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Reactions: InsomnioStd
Another example of mismatched node and fight preview screens. Like the OP it's the same boss team in the fight preview screen as I had in my previous Rift Battle. Running on and ipad mini 4, iOS 11.4.1, Opponent is Blimeylimey, time 1:04pm Arizona Time (I apologize as always for my state having it's own time zone)

Edit: Unlike the OP, I ended up fighting the team of my previous Rift Battle opponent. I'm pretty annoyed, because any hope of winning this Rift Battle was entirely dependent on winning this one fight.

Just to clarify, I did had to fight with the previous rift boss, after losing, I could fight the actual boss node normaly.

Oh I most definitely enjoy them, no doubt. Pretty much same, I just wish that getting an unbalanced match didn't mean two hours of twiddling your thumbs (lol that's kind of a pun) if you can't do anything. I mean even if you can, unless someone gets sidetracked mid match neither fight should require 2 hours to do whatever it is they can or can't accomplish.

I tend to get in competitive moods in channeled bursts so I will just fight my heart out- if I lose I just wanna play another so I can push myself to do even better next time, and repeat that whether win or lose until I have really sharp mechanics. When you're just like "poo. I want to fight more" and have to wait 2 hours, that competing zone you're in can dissipate and you end up not for a while or at all.
On DB Legends everything uses energy (player not character) to play a stage of, but when you've exhausted it all you can grind PvP to your hearts content until you've gotten all of the ranked mission rewards and then after that you're only grinding for season rewards and to enjoy the team you've raised.

On here it feels like that jumping between story/dailies and PF, but prize fight rewards feel more like weekly event rewards for most games. Better than story/more targeted so you can work at what you want, but going to net you less of the "big boy" rewards that if you can earn from grinding out "mini-seasons" as I call them. I usually jump between story/daily/prize fights juggling my energy and so I don't usually run out, but If I ever did I'd like to have something I can do to be working towards strengthening my team. I like immensely more about the game than I don't, but the more you love something the more the small things tainting an otherwise fantastic experience tend you bother you- provided they're impactful somehow. Obviously this is since people who gravitate to competitive play in games usually want to be able to keep playing if they get fired up, and want to be able to test the it skill/new abilities on.

It isn't the biggest If deal ever though since you can easily juggle betwen PF and missions, but it's a nice feeling to get successive pvp rewards in games that you put effort in to master and can see it bear fruit. Especially when they help you get stronger, faster, so you can get fighters you're missing and maximize the favorites you already have- and then you enjoy the game with them while you repeat the process.

What I will say though is not having everything come to you instantly is a trait about the game I like alot, since people who are too impatient to actually appreciate the game if it doesn't hand over things over with 0 work (it's already free as it is, that's an unappreciated aspect by many) and that weeds out the type of playerbase who gets an uber lucky draw so they want to keep olaying just to crush people with "OP" and call it "I"m good". This game makes you work for stuff that's good, and be good to earn it. Minus my Class Cutter, God just simply blessed me on that rofl.

Last edited:
This kind of discussion is better suited to the Feedback section, and not buried in a bug report. Try to keep Bug Report threads as clean as possible so devs can easily find important information please!

This kind of discussion is better suited to the Feedback section, and not buried in a bug report. Try to keep Bug Report threads as clean as possible so devs can easily find important information please!
My bad ^_^' I didn't quite mean to dump a mound of text about it. I mostly just wondered if this was explainable and this was the most recent thread about the rift battles balance specifically. I did think about it though and I'm just taking a guess that I just got paired against a player without a rank yet so maybe the algorithm found them a suitable match due to the level gap being kinda close. It can take it down unless you prefer moving it- aside from copy and paste elsewhere that's a moderator power right?
Edit: I deleted it ( ̄▽ ̄)ゞ