• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Characters Please nerf bio exorcist squiggly

xcapibara

Reaction score
As the thread title reads; please nerf bio exorcist squiggly, she’s too overpowered, especially evolved to diamond. And since people will give her surgeon general support, pffttt. On the boss node of rift battles shes pretty much invincible. Thanks.

If you want a little help in the node boss of rift battles with that squigly use a double with the marque caos (the one that put debuff for each critical hit) and make double change to light element so you can put some debuffs to that annoying squigly. Good luck my friend.

Or use Peacock and kill her from afar

Honestly after some testing (all of my theonite ;_;) I'm thinking of diamonding Doublicious since using her with chaos on the boss node seems to solve most of the problems, including SG support. Her only problem being bronze Ms.Fortune tier squishy.

I do have problems with Bio though. Or, rather, with Squigly AI in general. How do you approach it? Since it refuses to attack most of the time, and when it does, Squigg L5 puts most of the characters too far away to punish her.

I do have problems with Bio though. Or, rather, with Squigly AI in general. How do you approach it? Since it refuses to attack most of the time, and when it does, Squigg L5 puts most of the characters too far away to punish her.
I started experimenting because rift boss node have a lot of squgly.

Playing it safe:
When Squigly ai do a ground combo. Dash back to force ai in to spinning then dash forward to force ai into defense (do not atk now because squigly ai will block very quick) dash back halfway when ai is gonna switch to spinning again dash back real quick in to atk.
Sometimes:
Her ai would do a launcher. This usually don’t happen. But if it does you have already dash back. Use above strategy. If you were blocking when it’s prime punish opportunity.
Always beware:
If you cant dash fast enough alway block. Don’t get involved in a squigly combo they don’t end. I would rather let the timer get lower than risk a few hits.
And:
Don’t let her spin at all. The second her ai starts the spinning dash in with all you got! Her hp sap is pure evil. The trick is to anticipate weather the ai would block or atk and then proceed from there.
Playing it lose:
When dashing back squigly would chase you. If you are far enough away from the left corner of the stage, you can stop and bait the ai to atk at the same time dash back a second time, then when the ai is in the middle of ground combo dash back in to punish.
Edit: last note:
Sometime squigly ai would just give up and spin right next to my blocking fighter (been dashing back and forth so many times) then it’s easy to just start your own combo. First time this happened to me I froze couldn’t believe the ai would be so dumb. I froze for so long that bio squgly racked two stacks of the worm and died from ho sap so fast.

Last edited:
Reactions: infine
I agree, boss node is already OP as is, throw in a decent bio and congrats you created a wall that's pretty much unkillable. You'd either need a very specific team set up just to counter one fighter or you better have a fighter who does such an absurd amount of damage. I also got a problem with putting a RE on the Armor node since its the same thing. Even with active Armor break its hard not to get stunned and just rekted. Some of these nodes need work.

I confess, I just use my diamond Primed to shoot her to death. Probably there's some Peacocks that could do the same. She does have a counter, in that if you keep your distance she can't do as much. It's not been the general meta of the game though, so it's going to take some time to adapt.

I feel the best change to handle her is to just reverse her distance, if your far you lose life and if your close your fine, forcing you to get close.

Reactions: xcapibara
Yet another 27k diamond bio exorcist on the boss node (with surgeon general support, of course), yet another inevitable defeat. This thing is a bs exploit, simple as that.

Second that, usually I avoid her but since I don't fight +30 streak and I'm still a Gold 1 I faced Diamond Bio only a few times.
Easiest ways to nerf her should be to change the "at least 1 Dragon charge" with "2 full Dragon charge", cut in half the rate of her draining, let her drain also opponent debuff.
Hardest ways, since must work only with this variant and not with other Squigly, are to have her losing 10% of Dragon charge every second or give her a debuff like five second stun or thirty seconds doom when she have 1 or 2 full Dragon charge for more than ten seconds, so the opponent is forced to use it.

Last edited:
Reactions: xcapibara
Bio is okay, there's no point nerfing her when she's fine in 99% of content, the problem lies more with the Rift Boss node giving her 200% Health and limiting who can debuff her.

I'd rather see the boss node made a little easier overall than nerfing a popular character just cause she is very strong in this specific scenario.

If it was easier to debuff her there'd be ways to deal with her efficiently (Hex, Heal Block).
And like i said, using Peacock makes dealing with her rather easy as you are very much outside of her drain range.

If your best diamond is a peashooter dont wonder why you cannot pass trought boss node, you only need to get stronger variants.
I dont see necesary any nerf, in fact, there is a lot of cards that need tweaks in their SA to be more relevant.

Parasoul and Peacock are your best friends. Even if you'll inevitably be up close to Bio at some point, a well built Parasoul or Peacock has the damage to easily counter her heal. Same with a Cerebella. Same with a lot of good fighters. Plus, using a projectile-heavy character has the perk of projectile special moves that suddenly make Squigly vulnerable while charging. Or, if you have her, use another Bio. Just because you need to change tactics doesn't mean that Bio needs nerfed, as others have said, because of this one niche scenario that is designed to be a challenge for players.

Reactions: Ryouhi
Bio is okay, there's no point nerfing her when she's fine in 99% of content, the problem lies more with the Rift Boss node giving her 200% Health and limiting who can debuff her.

I'd rather see the boss node made a little easier overall than nerfing a popular character just cause she is very strong in this specific scenario.

The variant is popular because she’s unbalanced and op, nothing else; give her different SA’s and no one would care about her. But I do agree that its the boss node with the 200% health (although at high pf streaks its even worse) combined with sacrosanct that makes it ridiculous.

If your best diamond is a peashooter dont wonder why you cannot pass trought boss node, you only need to get stronger variants.
I dont see necesary any nerf, in fact, there is a lot of cards that need tweaks in their SA to be more relevant.

You say that as if getting any card wasn’t a random thing in this game. Also, the game should be balanced to allow progress with any, or at least many, variants given said randomness. Also2, if my best diamond is x or y with z fighter score and that is not enough to pass the boss node of someone with zz fighter score then I shouldn’t be matched against said someone in the first place.

I agree about various cards needing tweaks (buffs) to their SA’s just as much as bio needs a nerf.

Are you perchance someone with a diamond bio on the boss node exploit?

Parasoul and Peacock are your best friends. Even if you'll inevitably be up close to Bio at some point, a well built Parasoul or Peacock has the damage to easily counter her heal. Same with a Cerebella. Same with a lot of good fighters. Plus, using a projectile-heavy character has the perk of projectile special moves that suddenly make Squigly vulnerable while charging. Or, if you have her, use another Bio. Just because you need to change tactics doesn't mean that Bio needs nerfed, as others have said, because of this one niche scenario that is designed to be a challenge for players.

Yeah, i have a diamond Parasoul and a diamond peacock: not even a dent. First off, you need to get up close to hit her to actually charge your blockbusters, so no staying away that much. Second, not an easy thing finding an opening to punish squiggly given how much her ai likes to dash back, spam swipe down, charge and block and generally waste time and turtle, putting the pressure on the player to avoid time outs (hard to do with that 200% hp on maxed diamonds). Third, if you actually manage to take her down, she comes back! with 25% health or something which is a monstrous amount with the modifier. Finally, surgeon general valentine support providing heavy regen, inmunity and final stand. So it’s not a matter of changing tactics, shes op and on the boss node shes an exploit.

Reactions: Luke
You say that as if getting any card wasn’t a random thing in this game. Also, the game should be balanced to allow progress with any, or at least many, variants given said randomness. Also2, if my best diamond is x or y with z fighter score and that is not enough to pass the boss node of someone with zz fighter score then I shouldn’t be matched against said someone in the first place.

I agree about various cards needing tweaks (buffs) to their SA’s just as much as bio needs a nerf.

If i can kill a 36k Bio plus his surgeon general as support with practically only my valentine (a support character) i think it will be no problem for i dunno parasoul,double,cerebella, etc.
Here is the video if you wanna see

Bio is fine in pf, because I have solution fighters to counter her SA, even at streak 30+ where she’s would get +200%hp. The trouble is in rift boss node and not having the “right” light fighter to fight her. I would use my diamond epic sax and so far it’s 50/50.

Would be great if someone would propose another light fighter to counter bio. In rift boss node.

Heh, that was a fun watch! But, not exactly a response to what you quoted from my post, considering your maxed diamond sg.

The variant is popular because she’s unbalanced and op, nothing else; give her different SA’s and no one would care about her. But I do agree that its the boss node with the 200% health (although at high pf streaks its even worse) combined with sacrosanct that makes it ridiculous.
She seriously isn't that bad dude. There's plenty fighters that could be considering OP. Bio just excells at fighting outside of her league due to the drain. You could basically say the same about every Filia that can apply perma bleeds.
In normal fights she is not a problem at all unless your fighter build is sverely lacking.
Learn to read the AI and punish her charging with a well timed Bang Bang Bang or Boxcar George, or if you have charged it a Argus + Impending Doom combo. Or if you want to charge your BBs beforehand, use a snapback to force her to tag out and charge up on a nother fighter first.

Again, she is only a problem in the rift, even at high streaks she is easy to deal with since you have free access to debuffs.

People can disagree with you even if they don't own a Bio.
I do own one at level 50, but i barely use her, because my Ultraviolent Peacock does more damage by a huge margin.

Yeah, i have a diamond Parasoul and a diamond peacock: not even a dent. First off, you need to get up close to hit her to actually charge your blockbusters, so no staying away that much. Second, not an easy thing finding an opening to punish squiggly given how much her ai likes to dash back, spam swipe down, charge and block and generally waste time and turtle, putting the pressure on the player to avoid time outs (hard to do with that 200% hp on maxed diamonds). Third, if you actually manage to take her down, she comes back! with 25% health or something which is a monstrous amount with the modifier. Finally, surgeon general valentine support providing heavy regen, inmunity and final stand. So it’s not a matter of changing tactics, shes op and on the boss node shes an exploit.
Then you probably need a better loadout for your peacock. Also for charging up BBs, see my first reply here.
And that AI thing, that again is not a problem with Bio herself, that's a problem of her AI, which if i remember correctly the devs want to make easier to deal with anyways. (though that too isnt a problem if you just attack her from afar with peacock or parasoul)
sure she comes back with 25% health, but that's health she stole from her teammates which in turn will be easier to kill.
This can be abused by letting Bio recharge again after reviving and killing her again from afar, which lets you drain health from all three enemie fighters at once.
You yourself say she's OP on the boss node here. Why does she deserve a nerf across the board when the problem lies with the boss node here?

Reactions: cappatacus