• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Post-Story Power-Leveling

Mai Waifu

Reaction score
Seeing as no power-leveling guide exists yet, I thought I might as well make one (if you happen to know of an excellent method of power-leveling characters, I'd be happy to update this post). NOTE:With the recent 1.2.0 update, this method of farming has become obsolete. In the near future, I will be updating this guide with details about gaining exp with prize fight mode.

THE MISSION
Assuming you have completed the story up to Ascent of a Woman on Expert, you have access to the most effective mission to farm exp in the game (that I know of). That mission is the final battle in Ascent of a Woman on Expert where you face off against two Harlequin Cerebella (gold tier/fire element) that have a combined Fighter Score of 9713 (6299 and 3414 respectively). The reason why this mission is excellent for power-leveling, aside from the massive Fighter Score allowing you to gain massive exp, is because there are no combat effects that the Cerebella give themselves that would make the fight troublesome (i.e Unflinching).
img_2234-1.png

THE KEY TO VICTORY
Despite the strength of the Cerebellas', there is one character that can easily beat them in under a minute with relatively low fighter score. That character is none other than the Cartoon Princess of Mischief herself, Peacock (element and tier do not matter). The reason Peacock prevails against them so easily is because her standard tapping combo (the one that ends with the cannon; see first picture below) always staggers them back, rendering them unable to defend themselves. However, there is some risk at the start of the fight, since Cerebella's range exceeds your own, you are at risk of getting hit first and being KO'd in the process. The key to avoiding this is at the start of the match, back-dash and use George's Day Out to do massive damage, but more importantly stagger Cerebella so you can safely dash attack and then perform Peacock's standard tapping combo until the first Cerebella is down. Once you've beaten the first one, you should be at the end of the screen, at this point, you could just keep tapping away and you'll catch the second Cerebella mid-air and keep tapping away until victory.

Note: Be careful for specials that would allow Cerebella to move over George such as Cerebella's Butt Slam and more rarely, her Burst move. Also, make sure that Peacock is at least has high enough fighter score such that you won't time out and lose before you defeat the Cerebellas with her tapping combo.
img_2238-1.png
img_2235-1.png

Optional: Since it takes a multitude of hits to take down the first Cerebella, you can use that to your advantage by equipping the most powerful blockbuster Peacock has: Goodfellows and using it to defeat the second Cerebella indefinitely and within seconds. However, there comes a point where your Peacock might have amassed a high enough Fighter Score that Goodfellows might not be ready after killing the first Cerebella and it would be faster to kill the second Cerebella with the standard tapping combo.

img_2233-1.png

The Reward
Since the mission requires you to equip 3 characters, leveling characters is as easy as equipping two other characters you wish to level along with Peacock. I believe the fight garners each of your 3 characters anywhere from 4000-6000 exp, depending on the how much higher the Cerebellas' Fighter Score is compared to your team's. Do keep in mind that the stronger your fighters become, the less exp you'll gain.
With that being said, Happy Leveling!

Last edited:
Reactions: Lolleroni
The final boss level is good for levelling up 3 fighters at once, up until your combined FS exceeds the enemy's and you no longer get the underdog XP bonus.

I've found that quick play is better when your fighters have over 10k FS. But currently quick play is bugged and doesn't often match you against opponents of equal or higher FS when you exceed 10k.

rpOBkHw.png

This was from a fight where my team had a combined FS of ~18k while the enemy team was ~26k. It was a rare match up and I never got matched against them again, hopefully the next update improves quick play and make matches like these more common so we can level up faster.

Ha, my characters are no where near that amount of fighter score, so my best option is the final boss.
Although, I suppose I'll update the guide to include that once the final boss mission becomes obsolete for exp gain.

Last edited:
ubU0rSi.png

What I tend to do is to pair two low FS bronze fighters alongside the one I'm trying to quickly level up. To get the highest underdog XP bonus possible. But this way my point fighter has to be fairly strong enough to take a few hits, otherwise it becomes too risky since the bronze fighters have very little chance to win.

w4ksGGn.png

Story/Event Mode Reward Adjustments
  • Replaying fights now grant you significantly less XP and SC (only 20% of the original reward)
  • XP granted on Fight loss has been reduced from 5% to 0%

Grinding story modes for XP is officially dead! Looks like Prize Fights will be the way to go moving forwards.

Reactions: moisterrific
Looks like I'm going to have to overhaul the guide then. Well, if it means a more effective way to level up characters is coming, then I'll do so gladly!

This is really interesting.

I've always just used "Quick Fight" lol.

Really hope they can fix the bug when your team is over 10k power. I keep getting paired up with 6k or 7k teams and the exp is abysmal

This is really interesting.

I've always just used "Quick Fight" lol.

Really hope they can fix the bug when your team is over 10k power. I keep getting paired up with 6k or 7k teams and the exp is abysmal

Quick Play is now replaced by Prize Fights and it looks like they've fixed the matchmaking problems where you're faced with significantly weaker opponents.

Quick Play is now replaced by Prize Fights and it looks like they've fixed the matchmaking problems where you're faced with significantly weaker opponents.

Yeah... just noticed I couldnt find it.

Only training mode is available now.

I suppose Prize Fight is better though.. cuz Quick Play you only get EXP as a reward.

The final Cerebella fights is now essentially obsolete for levelling after you've 100% completed the story. You only get 20% XP from replaying all fights now.

It looks like the best way to level up characters now is prize fights. Once you get a high enough streak you'll always be matched against teams with significantly higher FS than yours.

This was a match from the Medici prize fight, where my team had less than 8300 FS while the enemy team was over 18K. It was a fun and tough fight and the XP gain was hella rewarding. More than anything I've ever seen in story fights.

BvqqTOo.png

My only gripes about prize fight mode is that there are times (like now) where there are no prize fights and so you're cut off from powerleveling until they add more prize fights. Also, I'm not a fan of how each fight consumes four energy instead of three like event mode and story mode, which means you can only do two consecutive fights, rather than three, with each fighter before needing to recharge. I find the AI to be fine, but it can be a pain to use up all that energy to climb up the streak again if your streak is broken due to some misfortune during the fight or a connection error.