• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Fcunkle's Tier List (may not be too good)

BHDF

Reaction score
SS: Class Cutter (P), Djinn Frizz (P),

S: Bad Hair Day (P), Hair Apparent (P), Idol Threat (P/B), Parasite Weave (P), Rock Star (S),

A: Frayed Ends (P/B), Windswept (P)

B: Dread Locks (B)

D: Bad Ms. Frosty (P)

(P) - Point, the character you use for fighting
(B) - Beatstick - the character you use when your main is down to 0.1 percent and needs some chill time
(S) - Support, well duh, support

EXPLANATIONS

SS:Class Cutter is over Djinn Frizz due to one single thing - Consistency. While Djinn CAN be better if her random wishes give her Invincibility or something, but more often than not CC cuts it all cleaner (And let's not forget PERMANENT HEAVY BLEED!! OH DEAR GOD!)

S:Hair Apparent is top tier due to one thing - INSANE. FUCKING. COMBOS. Tods become a joke when you can freely spam special moves in a combo and reset it with Gregor Samson or Trichobezoar (which mind you, BOTH OF THOSE can do some really clean damage). Although she's only a SILVER, imagine if you got something this terrifying to DIAMOND... dear GOD I do NOT wanna think of that.

The only few reasons why she isn't above BHD are A): because Djinn exists even if she WAS that good, and B): She has to worry about Elem Disadvantage (unlike BHD).

I originally considered putting Bad Hair Day at SS. I really did. Her whole entire thing is causing bleed to people, and guess what Filia is LITERALLY BASED ON?! Bleed. She's also meant to be a rushdown that pressures and doesn't get hit, and the main drawback of Filia is.. well, HP. The fact that she can just cause bleed in a combo like it's nothing and make it PERMANENT is just brutal.

It's not as brutal as a magic genie-***** with Invincibility though, and it doesn't even COMPARE to the God Cutter (which is literally just upgraded BHD).

The reason why she's better than Hair Apparent is due to this bleed-synergy alone. Without any real Bleed mechanics, Hair Apparent struggles to use the biggest gimmick of the character - the permanent bleed. While her combos are genuinely better than BHD, often times a few stacks of permanent bleed are a bit more terrifying damage-wise (and they also force the opponent into worse positions).

Idol Threat is middle of the list cause being able to consistently hit the "****-YOU" button for 10 seconds is pretty scary. A bit more so than something that freezes the opponent for a few seconds.

A: Frayed Ends is EXTREMELY underrated. While it's true that she only inflicts bleed when she gets ***** smacked (and Filia is the literal definition of Glass Cannon), she still can get Bleed stacks to trigger Marquee. And Permanent Bleed is ALWAYS TERRIFYING, ESPECIALLY with a whopping 25% Damage Boost against anything bleeding... OH DEAR ****.

Hell, that leaves the option to just get permableed with BHD or CC and switch to Frayed for free bonus damage!

DL: Dreadlocks in my opinion is whack. Her ability to do Heavy Bleed is very good, but more often than not if you get Crit in a combo as Filia you're GOING to die, regardless of any reduction you have (let's face it, most TODs can kill Dreadlocks just as easy. I may be wrong on this, but if so bite me)

. It's a direct downgrade from Frayed Ends - more situational, more often than not going to get you killed more for activating, and quite honestly less useful.

But the damage reduction does make her REALLY good for stalling. If your main character needs some time to heal, you can call her in as a Beatstick - which is what I'm rating her on. But even still, others can do the job better and more consistently, like a certain Bronze a tier above her.

BMF : Frosty in comparison to the rest is kind of garbage. Look at these monsters - we got SuperBleed, Wonder Why, and I-Can't-Believe-It's-Not-Bread-And-Butter over here, but in the case of Frosty... well, you got Armor Break! Yaaayyyyyyy.... what does that do for me again? A little bit more damage that a BLEED would easily have gotten me. Ms Frosty is easily the worst alt due to the lack of synergy and usage.

SO THAT'S MY TIER LIST! Do note I'm not taking any combinations of moves into account - I know a lot of special moves cause bleed like Ring Circlet, French Twist, and her Burst, which all of those do work, but do also consider some may not use those special moves to counter the lack of Bleed. Do also note the fact you literally have to build around the weakness (at least to me) is a bit of a disadvantage as well (I KNOW ONE OF THOSE MOVES AKA BURST IS META SHUT IT).

This may be garbage but it is my first tier list for this game and also my own opinion! Any comments, questions or concerns? Post em below and I'll hopefully get the chance to respond! Same with anything you disagreed with - post below!

Interesting list!

Assuming this is a dedicated offense tier list, it seems a bit more versed in how characters perform in theory than practice. Also, because TFC is just that strong, I'm also assuming this tier list is relative- even D tier would be decent for attack on the back of permableed alone, but it the worst out of all the Filias.

I would move Idol Threat down to A/B, and remove Rock Star entirely (It's hard to compare her support versatility with actual attacking power).
Idol Threat is a lot of fun and has surprisingly strong self-healing, but doesn't have anything really in the way of distinguishing herself from other Filias offense-wise. In rifts she has a nice safety-net, but damage-wise you'd get identical numbers from virtually any other Filia.

Hair Apparent at S is... controversial, but I don't actually have an invested HA and haven't fully experimented with SM+BB chain spamming to optimize permableed stacks, so she might actually be comparable to BHD.

Alright. Frayed Ends. 50% damage boost, virtually guaranteed because it's Filia, sounds scary, but her attack is abysmal. Horrendously not even breaking 7k, with a 50% boost she still barely breaks 10k atk, the mediocre standard. Not enough health to ever get hit, so I'm assuming she has no SA1 for offense. That leaves her with the same stats as HA or PW, minus any SA. A bit underwhelming, not deserving of any proper high tier IMO.

Bad Ms. Frosty actually has quite the fanclub! She's the only Filia to get dedicated meter control (that can be enhanced with builds!). Armor Break patches up her also abysmal 8k atk to a respectable but also not spectacular 10k. That leaves her with the same utility as any TFC Filia, plus extra meter control that makes it a lot safer to play her as a longshot bleeder. I'd put her at A.

Not only do I mostly agree, I found this an entertaining read, very well written. I'm inspired to give Hair Apparent and Frayed Ends a closer look.

Reactions: stale cheeto
I'm intrigued to see what kind of combos Hair Apparent can do. I would love to see a battle video of her if you have one!

Also, disagree with Frosty. While Armorbreak is cool, her main niche is the meter control imo. Filia is a multi-hit fighter with comparatively low-ish attack so she can fill up the opponent's meter for BB3 rather quickly. Having a control variant like Frosty is good. Parasite Weave is the only other unit that can do something similar through her Slow.

About the diamond variants, what makes Djinn good isn't necessarily gaining good buffs, but converting them into permanent enrages, which you kind of glossed over. And you can't convert heavy bleeds into permanent heavy bleeds with TFC, they just turn into permanent regular bleeds.

(And let's not forget PERMANENT HEAVY BLEED!! OH DEAR GOD!)
Really? I didn't know that. TFC works with Heavy Bleed?

S:Hair Apparent is top tier due to one thing - INSANE. FUCKING. COMBOS. Tods become a joke when you can freely spam special moves in a combo and reset it with Gregor Samson or Trichobezoar (which mind you, BOTH OF THOSE can do some really clean damage). Although she's only a SILVER, imagine if you got something this terrifying to DIAMOND... dear GOD I do NOT wanna think of that.
Two Things, and what about Haste almost all the time?

Really? I didn't know that. TFC works with Heavy Bleed?

No, it will convert heavy bleed into one stack of bleed. But actually, this is way better, because you can end up with 5 stacks of of permableed, one stack of heavy bleed, and 5 stacks of normal bleed (via BB/SM). The equivalent of 12 bleeds. Goodness I love CC, although I currently have her on Leech as an experimental defender.

Reactions: Diony
BMF : Frosty in comparison to the rest is kind of garbage. Look at these monsters - we got SuperBleed, Wonder Why, and I-Can't-Believe-It's-Not-Bread-And-Butter over here, but in the case of Frosty... well, you got Armor Break! Yaaayyyyyyy.... what does that do for me again?
Sorry to post twice, I couldn't edit in a quote -- I have personally not built a BMF but it's on my checklist. Armor break is actually great for the current Frost Armor/Armor Rating meta within rifts. I haven't used her, so I can't say for sure, but in theory she's fairly strong. That, and any Filia with TFC that combos French Twist into Gregor Samson/Drilltationship can land permableed. As you've said, requiring certain moves can be seen as a downside, but as someone who always reaches for that combo anyhow it doesn't seem like a loss.

So since I can see people using this list and a lot of it is frankly dubious at best I'd like to throw in my two cents.

First of all, I have no clue if this is for PF offense, Rift offense, Defense, or all three. I'll assume all three but personally I weigh Defense relatively low since the point gain in general is less than offense so unless they're AMAZING at defense it's not going to impact my ratings too much. I'll weigh PF offense and Rift offense about evenly though.

SS tier is solid, the diamonds and only the diamonds should be there. CCutter being bleed focused with Heal Block and Death Mark really removes nearly all her counters if not all of them (I can see Dream Band being a potential issue). Djinn's 5 enrage lets her absolutely erase opponents, BB3 is basically just a delete button lol. But unblockables are more scary and less predictable than random buffs that are easy to wait out without evergreen support, so considering defense as well CCutter gets a small edge.

To give clarity on why BHD isn't S in my eyes either (and many players'), ICU and Bloodbath completely stop BHD from solo carrying. Some people use Evil Dead Squigly to circumvent this, but that means you're building a whole team around her, which in my eyes knocks it out of SS.

You rated Windswept way too low. Haste and Enrage is extremely powerful, on top of her attack oriented stats. On PF offense she's superior to Idol is every way but healing and armor, but she can use Enrage + Leech to make up for that. Idol is possibly a better pick for Rift offense thanks to her massive heal and not needing to Enrage stack thanks to the relative low damage though. She loses haste, but Filia has enough BB1s that you're probably getting a BB finish as long as you aren't being reckless. Still, the case for Windswept on par if not above Idol is pretty strong imo.

Frayed Ends is also too high. Yeah 1.5x attack is cool, but that means effective 10.4k attack, which is still lower than Windswept gets naturally, who you rated her higher then. Windswept has more HP as well, so really all she has as an advantage over her is defense, which is kinda nice but it's not significant enough to push her out of B imo.

On that note Frayed Ends is not above Dread Locks for defense. Defense bleed has SOOOOOO many counters that I often forget Frayed Ends is even on the opposite team. Not to mention many bosses pair Dread Locks with TaF to prevent bleed from giving ICU Vals and Bloodbath regen and minimize potential HP gain. Sounds counterintuitive, but after fighting some of these bosses when well built, it gets very annoying very fast. Guaranteed stealing HP points is very good and with enough investment she can force you to intercept, swap, or lose no death bonus once she's gone. So FE only wins in attack, but Dread Locks defense is so useful I'd put them both in B with Dread Locks above FE.

Hair should probably be A or B rank. Don't get me wrong, she's super fun, but at the end of the day she's more or less budget windswept. Since moves can't reset mid combo, leveling your moves usually does the trick, doubly so if you have SM cooldown.

A lot of people add a support tier list and that's where Rock Star belongs. It just doesn't make sense to compare her to other Filias when she's doing something entirely different.

Lastly, you criminally underestimate BMF. In PF she's safely B tier. Perfect meter control means she can run Fenrir and deal real damage. Armor Break isn't too important unless you're fighting Jazz or RE or something. Of course you're running bleed sets unless you're fighting someone who's bleed immune. But her main niche is Rift: Her ability to remove frost armor more than it procs is **massive** in the current meta. Frost is so strong it's often used on 3 or more nodes, and being able to take it away with ease is a godsend. Idol has built in armor break as well. For rifts I'd put BMF just over Idol. HP regeneration helps Idol distinguish herself, but only being able to break armor once per combo (twice with Widow's Peak I suppose) means you're going to be losing time, so it kinda evens out.

No, it will convert heavy bleed into one stack of bleed. But actually, this is way better, because you can end up with 5 stacks of of permableed, one stack of heavy bleed, and 5 stacks of normal bleed (via BB/SM). The equivalent of 12 bleeds. Goodness I love CC, although I currently have her on Leech as an experimental defender.
That's Nice

So since I can see people using this list and a lot of it is frankly dubious at best I'd like to throw in my two cents.

First of all, I have no clue if this is for PF offense, Rift offense, Defense, or all three. I'll assume all three but personally I weigh Defense relatively low since the point gain in general is less than offense so unless they're AMAZING at defense it's not going to impact my ratings too much. I'll weigh PF offense and Rift offense about evenly though.

SS tier is solid, the diamonds and only the diamonds should be there. CCutter being bleed focused with Heal Block and Death Mark really removes nearly all her counters if not all of them (I can see Dream Band being a potential issue). Djinn's 5 enrage lets her absolutely erase opponents, BB3 is basically just a delete button lol. But unblockables are more scary and less predictable than random buffs that are easy to wait out without evergreen support, so considering defense as well CCutter gets a small edge.

To give clarity on why BHD isn't S in my eyes either (and many players'), ICU and Bloodbath completely stop BHD from solo carrying. Some people use Evil Dead Squigly to circumvent this, but that means you're building a whole team around her, which in my eyes knocks it out of SS.

You rated Windswept way too low. Haste and Enrage is extremely powerful, on top of her attack oriented stats. On PF offense she's superior to Idol is every way but healing and armor, but she can use Enrage + Leech to make up for that. Idol is possibly a better pick for Rift offense thanks to her massive heal and not needing to Enrage stack thanks to the relative low damage though. She loses haste, but Filia has enough BB1s that you're probably getting a BB finish as long as you aren't being reckless. Still, the case for Windswept on par if not above Idol is pretty strong imo.

Frayed Ends is also too high. Yeah 1.5x attack is cool, but that means effective 10.4k attack, which is still lower than Windswept gets naturally, who you rated her higher then. Windswept has more HP as well, so really all she has as an advantage over her is defense, which is kinda nice but it's not significant enough to push her out of B imo.

On that note Frayed Ends is not above Dread Locks for defense. Defense bleed has SOOOOOO many counters that I often forget Frayed Ends is even on the opposite team. Not to mention many bosses pair Dread Locks with TaF to prevent bleed from giving ICU Vals and Bloodbath regen and minimize potential HP gain. Sounds counterintuitive, but after fighting some of these bosses when well built, it gets very annoying very fast. Guaranteed stealing HP points is very good and with enough investment she can force you to intercept, swap, or lose no death bonus once she's gone. So FE only wins in attack, but Dread Locks defense is so useful I'd put them both in B with Dread Locks above FE.

Hair should probably be A or B rank. Don't get me wrong, she's super fun, but at the end of the day she's more or less budget windswept. Since moves can't reset mid combo, leveling your moves usually does the trick, doubly so if you have SM cooldown.

A lot of people add a support tier list and that's where Rock Star belongs. It just doesn't make sense to compare her to other Filias when she's doing something entirely different.

Lastly, you criminally underestimate BMF. In PF she's safely B tier. Perfect meter control means she can run Fenrir and deal real damage. Armor Break isn't too important unless you're fighting Jazz or RE or something. Of course you're running bleed sets unless you're fighting someone who's bleed immune. But her main niche is Rift: Her ability to remove frost armor more than it procs is **massive** in the current meta. Frost is so strong it's often used on 3 or more nodes, and being able to take it away with ease is a godsend. Idol has built in armor break as well. For rifts I'd put BMF just over Idol. HP regeneration helps Idol distinguish herself, but only being able to break armor once per combo (twice with Widow's Peak I suppose) means you're going to be losing time, so it kinda evens out.

100% well said, well review, well accurate. You deserve our THUMBS.

yes very good list, but i suppose were going by SA not stat, for i would say Djinn is much better than CC for her humongous attack stat, but oh well, its my opinion, and your opinion