• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

[4.3] Rift Rework 2.0 updates and Discussions

Art3mes

Reaction score
Update #1

New in 4.3 is Rift Battles 2.0

This is a HUGE change from current Rifts.

Firstly, you don't need to be online at the same time as your opponent, so matchmaking will be
MUCH improved!

You can also choose from three opponents and
refresh the list if you don't like your choices!

103792584_862695210888073_399444481992145958_o.jpg

Update #2

In 4.3, Rift Battles are MUCH snappier!

Bases now have only 6 nodes for quicker
matches and there is no timer.
Once you finish the map, you get instant results!

Challenge your opponents with caution - if you lose twice, you will instantly lose the Rift Battle!

104003346_863519940805600_4505874897293691439_o.jpg

Update #3
In 4.3, ALL Rift Base modifiers will change every
season.

You'll have to update bases regularly to take
advantage of the crazy new mod combos. Boss
nodes in particular will get strong elemental mods!

Rift Ratings will also reset each season, making it easier to reach higher ranks!

104169743_866440957180165_4758132211442812967_o.jpg

Update #4

In Rift 2.0, win streaks will give YOUR
FIGHTERS big stat bonuses, and increase your Rift Coin Rewards!

Use these bonuses to help you defeat powerful enemy Rift Bases. Play often to rack up huge bonus multipliers!

104320158_867096810447913_5696782903480860134_o.jpg

Update #5

In 4.3 you don't need to be online at the same time as your opponent for RIFT BATTLES.
If your Base is challenged and defeated, you have a chance to take REVENGE to get some of your RIFT RATING back!

You can also check your flight history to see how opponents did versus your base!

104815200_868689256955335_1042999154205107899_o.jpg

That's all for now!
I'll update this for further updates.
The rework looks dope though.

Last edited:
Seems like an overall improvement, and I can't wait to test it out!

I wonder how people are going to build their bases differently, now that challengers have an element of choice. Will they try and make their base super intimidating in the hopes that no one challenges it so they don't lose points? Or will they intentionally build a super strong base with a mediocre boss in order to bait people into challenging and losing? Either way, I'm curious to see how things go!

Also, it looks like Decay is no longer a thing from what I can tell? It seems to be replaced by losing points to challengers, which is an improvement in some ways since it removes the 'point leak' problem I discussed in the original rework announcement. Now, instead of disappearing into the void never to be seen again, points lost to 'inactivity' go directly to other users. However, it also means you don't seem to have that 5 day window of safety you have in the current system. Curious to see how that affects things like rank cutoffs, and how aggressive you have to be to ensure you're in the rank you want to be in at the end of the week.

Doesn't look like there's gonna be any scaling back of rewards for top 3 rifters. Tbh the wealth gap is inflating quite dramatically as it is. Diamond and gold shards for top 3 are already very generous, so perhaps alternative way to address this is to limit the kind of items you can purchase with rift coins, especially relic shards and essence shards.

Last edited:
Reactions: Art3mes
Ohhh, sudden realization here: hackers are going to have a much tougher time in the new rift system now that they have to build a competent base in order to not lose score to challengers. Weak collection skating by on hacking = weak base that's easy as cake to complete with a lot of points to earn by challenging. They're going to absolutely hemorrhage points.

Go get 'em folks! >: )

Ohhh, sudden realization here: hackers are going to have a much tougher time in the new rift system now that they have to build a competent base in order to not lose score to challengers. Weak collection skating by on hacking = weak base that's easy as cake to complete with a lot of points to earn by challenging. They're going to absolutely hemorrhage points.

Go get 'em folks! >: )

If that were true, wouldn't it be true now too? Their bases were always easy, but they can clear so fast and get maximum points while you're likely spending either a few seconds or a BB bonus per node on theirs.

Unless you mean just beat up hackers when you see them. That might work, if we come together as a community, otherwise they can just revenge and get them back easily. I'm down for hacker bullying though

Reactions: Robokit
If that were true, wouldn't it be true now too? Their bases were always easy, but they can clear so fast and get maximum points while you're likely spending either a few seconds or a BB bonus per node on theirs.

Unless you mean just beat up hackers when you see them. That might work, if we come together as a community, otherwise they can just revenge and get them back easily. I'm down for hacker bullying though

Perhaps I have misunderstood the asychrounous rework, but I thought it meant that you don't directly battle someone else? Like, you challenge their base, and they only get a chance to challenge you back if yours happens to appear in their list of opponents? Sort of how PFs work now. That's the assumption I've made from what we've seen at least.

If this is the case, then having a good defense team matters more than ever. In the current system you can win just by earning more on offense than the other player, which is what allows hackers to thrive since their hacks allow them to get impossibly high scores.

In the asych system however, you'll have to rely on your base being good enough to prevent people from completing it. Which, if people have been hacking on offense and relying on that alone, they probably don't have enough highly upgraded fighters / moves / catalysts to make a good base, since they've never needed it before.

This will result in many hackers having trash tier defense, which makes them the most logical target for anyone who has actually earned their rank. They'll simply be the easiest base to choose from out of the three options, and not only that but it will give a lot of points to challengers due to their hacking pushing them up farther in the ranks than they deserve, making it objectively the best choice to challenge for anyone and everyone who gets the chance. We won't have to specifically team up to go after hackers, because everyone who sees them will take the chance at easy points.

I'm hoping that, due to this, they'll end up losing more points than they can earn via hacking, since there seems to be a limit on the numbers of bases you can challenge per day, but maybe not a limit on how many times your own base can be challenged. Since they're going to be the best option to challenge for everyone who gets the chance, they'll probably lose way more defense battles than they can make up for by hacking on their limited number of offense battles.

TLDR; If the new asynch system works the way I think it does, it sets hackers up for failure now that they can't succeed based on offense alone, and everyone will want a piece of them because their defense bases will basically give out free points to everyone who challenges them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dusty00 and Robokit
Perhaps I have misunderstood the asychrounous rework, but I thought it meant that you don't directly battle someone else? Like, you challenge their base, and they only get a chance to challenge you back if yours happens to appear in their list of opponents? Sort of how PFs work now. That's the assumption I've made from what we've seen at least.

If this is the case, then having a good defense team matters more than ever. In the current system you can win just by earning more on offense than the other player, which is what allows hackers to thrive since their hacks allow them to get impossibly high scores.

In the asych system however, you'll have to rely on your base being good enough to prevent people from completing it. Which, if people have been hacking on offense and relying on that alone, they probably don't have enough highly upgraded fighters / moves / catalysts to make a good base, since they've never needed it before.

This will result in many hackers having trash tier defense, which makes them the most logical target for anyone who has actually earned their rank. They'll simply be the easiest base to choose from out of the three options, and not only that but it will give a lot of points to challengers due to their hacking pushing them up farther in the ranks than they deserve, making it objectively the best choice to challenge for anyone and everyone who gets the chance. We won't have to specifically team up to go after hackers, because everyone who sees them will take the chance at easy points.

I'm hoping that, due to this, they'll end up losing more points than they can earn via hacking, since there seems to be a limit on the numbers of bases you can challenge per day, but maybe not a limit on how many times your own base can be challenged. Since they're going to be the best option to challenge for everyone who gets the chance, they'll probably lose way more defense battles than they can make up for by hacking on their limited number of offense battles.

TLDR; If the new asynch system works the way I think it does, it sets hackers up for failure now that they can't succeed based on offense alone, and everyone will want a piece of them because their defense bases will basically give out free points to everyone who challenges them.
nah. from youtube beta after you fight a base. the other player have a button they can press to see who beat their base and hand pick to "revenge" fight.

i dont know how many times you can do this tho. probably once after a lose?

nah. from youtube beta after you fight a base. the other player have a button they can press to see who beat their base and hand pick to "revenge" fight.

i dont know how many times you can do this tho. probably once after a lose?

Ah, so there is a revenge mechanic. One revenge match after a defense loss makes sense to me (not more than one though, that could lead to one player repeatedly targeting another, either for points or to bully them), but I wonder if it's limited by the same ticket system as the other matches? Also, I hope it's limited to defense losses, and you can't go after someone who lost to your base to take even more of their points. That would just seem kinda mean to me.

And what about revenge wins? Does it give the other player another revenge chance so two people get trapped in a constant back and forth of revenge? So any score that was earned from the very first win doesn't matter in the long run, since unless you win every single revenge match, you don't actually get to keep any of it as long as the other person is determined to keep going after you again and again and again...

Still, it gives people a way to recover score taken by hackers if the hackers have a weak base, but I guess it gives hackers a way to recover all their lost score too if the revenge matches aren't limited somehow, and possibly earn back even more if they specifically go for longshots where they earn +20 for winning but the revenge match only gets +10 back for their opponent, so the hackers still come out on top in the end.

Hmm, the revenge mechanic actually worries me a bit. I understand that it's there so people can recover score from defense losses, but I worry that if it doesn't have some strict limitations that it could give people access to target the same person over and over and over, and it will basically nullify everything I've said about defense actually mattering since someone can just use a strong (or hacked) offense to get back everything they lost. And there's going to be a lot of time and effort spent not on earning score and advancing, but simply on nullifying the gains of your opponents and taking back what you lost. Not quite sure how to feel about that honestly. It might just turn Rift into an endurance test, where the only true winners are the ones who sink a lot of time into winning every single revenge match on top of doing a bunch of new matches and hoping their opponents lose the revenge matches against them.

Reactions: Art3mes and Robokit
Ah, so there is a revenge mechanic. One revenge match after a defense loss makes sense to me (not more than one though, that could lead to one player repeatedly targeting another, either for points or to bully them), but I wonder if it's limited by the same ticket system as the other matches? Also, I hope it's limited to defense losses, and you can't go after someone who lost to your base to take even more of their points. That would just seem kinda mean to me.

And what about revenge wins? Does it give the other player another revenge chance so two people get trapped in a constant back and forth of revenge? So any score that was earned from the very first win doesn't matter in the long run, since unless you win every single revenge match, you don't actually get to keep any of it as long as the other person is determined to keep going after you again and again and again...

Still, it gives people a way to recover score taken by hackers if the hackers have a weak base, but I guess it gives hackers a way to recover all their lost score too if the revenge matches aren't limited somehow, and possibly earn back even more if they specifically go for longshots where they earn +20 for winning but the revenge match only gets +10 back for their opponent, so the hackers still come out on top in the end.

Hmm, the revenge mechanic actually worries me a bit. I understand that it's there so people can recover score from defense losses, but I worry that if it doesn't have some strict limitations that it could give people access to target the same person over and over and over, and it will basically nullify everything I've said about defense actually mattering since someone can just use a strong (or hacked) offense to get back everything they lost. And there's going to be a lot of time and effort spent not on earning score and advancing, but simply on nullifying the gains of your opponents and taking back what you lost. Not quite sure how to feel about that honestly. It might just turn Rift into an endurance test, where the only true winners are the ones who sink a lot of time into winning every single revenge match on top of doing a bunch of new matches and hoping their opponents lose the revenge matches against them.

Unless they changed it, The defender gets one chance to revenge, and that's it. Only way to fight each other again is for one of you to find the other the old fashioned way. You can't revenge a win either, that would be silly lol.

Also based on the new twitter post it seems that rating resets every week. So I guess cheaters would have to build their defense anyways. If we all bully them we can force them to spend green tickets on just getting points back. Maybe that'll keep em down? Unless they IAP for red tickets to grind, but I can't see them doing that lol

New update is killing me.
Now it's important to have different variants.
And I don't have Air.
Same here, lol. I have... 1 Air defense variant, GI Jazz. 2 if you count Poltergust or Claw and Order (which I don't) but they'll be useful slot fillers I guess.

On the bright side, the changing modifiers mean that very few people are going to have perfect bases every week, and attacking is going to be easier as long as you have ways of dealing with each season's modifiers.

I'm gonna have to start power leveling some defense variants though, since before now I mostly focused on making nodes with character-specific catalysts instead of element-specific ones.

Reactions: Robokit and Art3mes
rift battles 2.0 .... won't the neutral element have a modifier if it is boss? and another Double ... its modifier varies as its element changes, or it will be its natural element ...???o_O
Yep a double and neutral specific node.

Let it snow modifier + frost armour catalyst
It'll be very competitive.

(June 17th update) The new modifier thing that rewards players that have consequence wins would seem to help players tackle those tougher bases. But I feel like this is just gonna make it easier for the top players with the strongest diamonds to stay in power. If You already have maxed diamonds with great you shouldn’t get more support. I don’t know, my understanding is that this change with do more good than bad.

Reactions: Art3mes and Robokit
(June 17th update) The new modifier thing that rewards players that have consequence wins would seem to help players tackle those tougher bases. But I feel like this is just gonna make it easier for the top players with the strongest diamonds to stay in power. If You already have maxed diamonds with great you shouldn’t get more support. I don’t know, my understanding is that this change with do more good than bad.

I'll have to see how it feels in order to have a real opinion on it, but it seems to be there to keep Rift from becoming pay-to-win, which is good in my opinion. It'll give some folks with a lot of skill but lackluster collections a chance at reaching higher ranks.

My worry is that this'll make hackers a bigger problem than ever. Both because they never lose so they end up with ridiculous stat bonuses, and it'll make them harder to spot because they'll blend in with all the legit players with high win streaks.

Stat bonuses may be great but they will reset after a day.
I wonder how many green tickets we will get everyday?
And, no offense, 20% atk and Def doesn't looks like much, just a stack of rage and armour.

Here's a thought on how to use the Revenge mechanic to bamboozle hackers:

If you can choose to take revenge at any point during the season, wait until very late in the week when their score is high to get as many points back as possible. Probably more than they took from you in the first place... >: )

Last edited:
Reactions: Robokit and Art3mes