• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

"Solar Flair" - Strategy & Discussion

Lasatar

Reaction score
Was getting impatient for the thread to be created so I'm doing it myself I guess.

Solar Flair
Solar Flair.PNG

Rarity: Bronze
Element: Fire

Signature Ability: DRAGON INSTALL:
SA1:
STAR POWER meter accumulates 25/x/x% faster
SA2: When activating STAR POWER at full meter, gain permanent HASTE and 3/x/x stacks of permanent ENRAGE, but suffer FATIGUE for 5/x/x seconds. All effects are removed when exiting STAR POWER.

Colour Palette: Sol Badguy (Guilty Gear)

Last edited:
Honestly, she seems to me like a worse Sheltered. Five enrage stacks and haste is good and all, but there's still the risk of getting stunned, which would be a death sentence in high Prize Fight streaks or in Rift Battles. I doubt we'll see much use out of this variant on either offence or defence. Although, she could be paired with Surgeon General to make use of the immunity and avoid getting stunned.

On a related note, it seems that Burst does indeed inflict Guard Break. I have a hunch that it'll be one of the better bursts and that people will be using it as a combo ender as opposed to a combo breaker.

The stun could easily be avoided with a BB3 when timed right. It's quite a small window though but I think she has potential. Not to mention Guard Break in Annie's kit is pretty insane.

Reactions: Hall☆weenQueen
The stun could easily be avoided with a BB3 when timed right. It's quite a small window though but I think she has potential. Not to mention Guard Break in Annie's kit is pretty insane.
Good point. And she gets haste too so she may be able to fill up any remaining meter before the Fatigue runs out if it's not already full. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I think there might be more to the Signature Ability.

DRAGON INSTALL
SA1:
Upon full Star Power activation, gain permanent HASTE and 5 stacks of permanent RAGE.
SA2: Also gain FATIGUE. If FATIGUE results in STUN, lose all BUFFS.

The extra step of haste and rage being permanent stands out to me. Maybe there is a way to hold onto them? Like a fatigue gamble.

Last edited:
I think there might be more to the Signature Ability.

DRAGON INSTALL
SA1:
Upon full Star Power activation, gain permanent HASTE and 5 stacks of permanent RAGE.
SA2: Also gain FATIGUE. If FATIGUE results in STUN, lose all BUFFS.

The extra step of haste and rage being permanent stands out to me. Maybe there is a way to hold onto them? Like a fatigue gamble.
IMO, what's more likely is that you will lose the buffs when Star Power is no longer active. We see them disappear at the exact same moment that the Star Power icon disappears. Additionally, in the footage, if you look closely, you'll notice that Star Power is deactivated (and the buffs are removed) after the stun takes place, suggesting that the stun wasn't the cause of the buff removal (and that it won't deactivate Star Power either). I think that it was just a manual deactivation of Star Power in the footage.

Which begs the question: If you deactivate Star Power before the Fatigue expires, does the Fatigue get removed as well? If so, that could be a much more efficient way of avoiding the stun than needing to worry about immunity or BB3 timing.

IMO, what's more likely is that you will lose the buffs when Star Power is no longer active. We see them disappear at the exact same moment that the Star Power icon disappears. Additionally, in the footage, if you look closely, you'll notice that Star Power is deactivated (and the buffs are removed) after the stun takes place, suggesting that the stun wasn't the cause of the buff removal. I think that it was just a manual deactivation of Star Power.

Was writing exactly same thing when your message appeared. I agree that the buffs are only active while Star Power is active. The "Permanent" type of buff is very similar to Hellcat's Enrage that is "permanent" as long as you have enough health.

Also, considering the way many SA2s act as an upgrade for corresponding SA1s, I would say it is more likely to have something like this:

DRAGON INSTALL
SA1:
Upon full Star Power activation, gain HASTE while Star Power is active. inflict FATIGUE for 7-? seconds upon yourself.
SA2: Also gain 3-5 stacks of ENRAGE while Star Power is active.

Reactions: BallotBoxer
Sounds like investing in some resistance would make Solar Flair more consistent. So it's bronze stats paired with a stat opportunity cost. Still 5 Enrage and Haste sounds pretty decent. Better than a couple fire variants.