• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Annie and Sagan

Hall☆weenQueen

Reaction score
If you watch the animation for Annie, you'll notice that Sagan always clings to her left leg. The same side as her missing eye! I'm sure there's some symbolic correlation I'm missing here, or perhaps it has something to do with her lore, but why her left foot? Why not the arm or another part of her? And why is he so reluctant to let go? It seems like a different relationship than other parasites since Sagan isn't physically attached to Annie unlike Samson, Leviathan, or Sekhmet. Perhaps it has something to do with the eye....

On another but related note, I wonder how Sagan become Annie's parasite in the first place?

Any thoughts/theories my friends?

As a remote parasite, I wonder how far away Sagan can get from his "host" Annie. There are a few shots in Beowulf's story mode showing they don't have to be in constant contact, but the weird rabbit-like parasite is never beyond her reach. Is Sagan seeing out of that Annie right eye in his mouth or is she able to see from it too?

More Annie facts (from the canon info thread)
canon info thread said:
  • Annie is several-centuries-old. Her immortality was gained when her parents wished on the Skull Heart so that Annie would never have to experience the hardship of adulthood, thereby making her forever a child.
  • She has had many different weapons and abilities throughout her life.
  • Sagan, her remote parasite. keeps her right eye in his mouth.
  • She's physically not able to swear due to her condition
  • She is familiar with Double due to her experience fighting Skullgirls
  • Annie has encountered a lot of Skullgirls and has killed a lot, but not the same a lot. She's seen the cycle multiple times and seen how they become stronger each time and is looking for the underlying source now.
  • The Annie of the Stars show is very similar to the Super Mario Bros. Super Show with live action segments with cartoons and PSAs and commercials in between.
  • Sagan can talk. Somehow.
  • Annie hides her immortality by getting a new hairstyle every few years. The show tells the audience that they have simply changed the actress. Eliza also pulls a similar trick

Reactions: fanghoul
I wonder, does this manifest as that Annie subconsciously avoids all swear words, or does she lose agility to speak if she attempts to swear? OR, does she have an auto-bleep like Mr. Torgue from Borderlands? I like to think its the 3rd option.

I wonder, does this manifest as that Annie subconsciously avoids all swear words, or does she lose agility to speak if she attempts to swear? OR, does she have an auto-bleep like Mr. Torgue from Borderlands? I like to think its the 3rd option.

i think it may be the third option. iirc she’s tried to swear but couldn’t. she’s repeatedly said “Dam- darn it!” or something. she stops midway through so i’m guessing its kind of like a auto censor where she’s unable to completely say the word? im not sure but i do think its an amusing downside to being forever young

i think it may be the third option. iirc she’s tried to swear but couldn’t. she’s repeatedly said “Dam- darn it!” or something. she stops midway through so i’m guessing its kind of like a auto censor where she’s unable to completely say the word? im not sure but i do think its an amusing downside to being forever young
When I said "auto-censor", I was talking about the "bleep" noise that network TV puts over curses to make it suitable for children. So like Annie would make that noise herself when attempting to curse (the bleep would emit from her mouth in lieu of the profane term). If she just stops herself mid-curse and corrects herself, that's not quite what I was thinking of (and imo less funny).

When I said "auto-censor", I was talking about the "bleep" noise that network TV puts over curses to make it suitable for children. So like Annie would make that noise herself when attempting to curse (the bleep would emit from her mouth in lieu of the profane term). If she just stops herself mid-curse and corrects herself, that's not quite what I was thinking of (and imo less funny).

ohh i see, i misunderstood. that would be way better honestly!

I dunno, it's still swearing, just censored. Sounds like Annie can't even physically say a bad word. Here's how I see it:

Annie: "What the F-f-f-f-f...."
*pause*
"...f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f..."
*sigh*
*eye-roll*
"Fudge?!"
Do we actually have an example of Annie speaking and attempting/failing to curse?

Do we actually have an example of Annie speaking and attempting/failing to curse?
Not yet. All previews have been mid-fight, so we haven't heard open match dialog.

I thought we were speculating how this 'condition' will be presented in her dialog in game, hence my preface of "Here's how I see it:"

I'm guessing that her 'swearing condition' will have a better spotlight in her eventual story modes?

Not yet. All previews have been mid-fight, so we haven't heard open match dialog.

I thought we were speculating how this 'condition' will be presented in her dialog in game, hence my preface of "Here's how I see it:"

I'm guessing that her 'swearing condition' will have a better spotlight in her eventual story modes?
Have we heard her swear/try to swear in 2nd Encore?

Not that I could find. Her only dialog is in Beo's ending.

I'm guessing the above 'canon' bullet-points are background info that has yet/might to make it into game. These notes are 7+ years old and subject to change, so who knows what will become of the 'swearing condition' at this point?

Have we heard her swear/try to swear in 2nd Encore?

i’m like 95% sure she has, but my memory may be faulty. i think it was around when Annie rescued Beowulf when he went to fight the Skullgirl? i can’t look into 2nd encore at the moment but there is art of her on the Skullgirls wiki where she does try to

i’m like 95% sure she has, but my memory may be faulty. i think it was around when Annie rescued Beowulf when he went to fight the Skullgirl? i can’t look into 2nd encore at the moment but there is art of her on the Skullgirls wiki where she does try to
I watched the beo vs skull girl ending earlier today, didn’t notice any attempt by Annie ton swear when she appeared. Can you link to this art you speak of on the wiki?

Oh. That just looks like fan-art.
It could be? Or at least art from another artist on the SG design team? Dunno. Admittedly some of the SG concept art lacks the polish/style of the in-game art we're used to, but I will point out it is Alex Ahad's deviant art page and that image is in the SG concept folder/category...take it for what you will.

I watched the beo vs skull girl ending earlier today, didn’t notice any attempt by Annie ton swear when she appeared. Can you link to this art you speak of on the wiki?

this is what i was referring to, what i meant by the “dam- darn it” line, although she says dang instead of darn after cutting off mid-“dammit”
413CE00E-53BE-4576-8DCE-6ABABB9A9622.jpeg
i had to crop it a bit since it wasn’t letting me upload it

that’s also the art i was referring to, yes. based on other concept art i’ve seen i’m pretty sure that’s by Alex, his art style was just different before Skullgirls.

Reactions: BallotBoxer
this is what i was referring to, what i meant by the “dam- darn it” line, although she says dang instead of darn after cutting off mid-“dammit”
View attachment 11645
i had to crop it a bit since it wasn’t letting me upload it

that’s also the art i was referring to, yes. based on other concept art i’ve seen i’m pretty sure that’s by Alex, his art style was just different before Skullgirls.
Well that’s anticlimactic. Kind of a boring way that she is unable to curse.

I belive that Sagan has to "charge" because he is a remote parasite, so maybe thats how he keeps energized