• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

OFFICIAL: Daily Events & Upcoming Economy Updates

Nah, it should be more than okay like this. We lose a bit of coins (1 milion per week), but it saves us a lot of time (8-9 hours of grind per week). It's a fair trade. Devs also say there will be more ways to grind canopy in the future
I don't think we have lost just Canopy Coins farming. We could earn skill points and moves in one node before 5.1 update. So, we can't do that now. I know that devs are planing something new but Daily Events now have a lower priority.

To be honest, whole game is pretty messed up, and needs to be tuned in many areas, starting with an overhaul of economy.

A Lv15 move costs you a 3m coins, and two last levels alone cost you 1,5m, which is just insane. I believe it should be reduced to at least 2,5m to be acceptable. Special Moves like Tag Outs and Bursts should be even cheaper to level up.
Perhaps even unlock final ability at Lv12 instead of Lv15, and introduce some kind of bonus when you reach Lv15, like +5% of a certain stat.

There is no way of earning coins besides reaching milestones in PFs and Dailies. I wont be putting Story and Challenges in this group because it's pointless to count in rewards that you only get once.
I suggest earning coins based on your streak in PFs, and to make it actually somewhat noticable, 1,000 for first 20 streaks, 2,000 for 20-30 streak, and above 30 streak you get 3,000 per fight.

1000 x 20 20,000 Streak 20<
2000 x 10 20,000 Streak 20>
3000 x 70 210,000 Streak 30>

Total: 250,000 (Streak 100)

As someone said we need more diamond keys, I beg to differ. Amount of diamond keys you can obtain per month seems fine to me. You can get 2 keys from diamond PFs, 1 or 2 if you reach diamond rank in Rift, you can buy it with Rift Coins as well, and there is a small, small, really damn small chance of getting it from Accursed. I don't think we need any more diamond keys than this.
Took you long enough to address issue of diamond keys though. 😓

And as for rerolling feature, that should have been added way, way back. Five years of wait seems too much, if you ask me, but since we are struggling with moves and right stats to this very day (why are flat stats still in the game? 🤔), this feature is more welcome than anything else. Guilds are going to be flawed anyway, so best to give us first rerolling.

And to wrap this up, I'll say my opinion on Dailies. I did both Master and Expert for a long time, and I can say that it became really tiring, especially certain Dailies. An option to skip them was a feature we were all waiting for, but on the other hand, it become a limiting feature to our income of coins. Who is to blame here? Well, lack of other, better sources of coins, obviously. Oh, and Devs for giving us only 2 tickets... Did anybody even think this through? Anyway, even a small amount of coins from Dailies seemed like a lot because we are lacking in better ways of farming them.
Hopefully we get a better way of earning coins where we are not LIMITED to a certain amount we can get from reaching milestones.

Yeah, moves are definitely the biggest problem HVS could tackle next. It is one of the main sources of this Canopy Coin demand. I think moves should be custom-built per each fighter, so I have no use for the new move loadout feature. However, by playing this "correct" way, it is impossible to invest in level 15 moves for everyone. My only level 15 was done to get the accolade.

5.1 was supposed to be the "Welcome Umbrella" update, but it turned into the "Daily Grind Intervention" patch. I had no idea people were still playing the weak tiers meant for early players. Skips and the XP-juiced Holodeck is much appreciated.

Would the ability to sell useless resources help this coin thirst? If I could sell bronze keys and red Rift tickets, I'd be a billionaire!

Would the ability to sell useless resources help this coin thirst? If I could sell bronze keys and red Rift tickets, I'd be a billionaire!
Even allowing the Red tickets to be used for Dailies would be a tremendous help.

My previous grind would be to use Holodeck for leveling up fodders. I've maxed the prestige for all the natural bronzes and silvers, so I use them to make golds for diamond evolution. Before the Dailies nerf I would be able to get through a handful of bronzes and a couple of silvers each day, but now I have to use the tickets on dailies for coins and use the Peacock master story for XP. As long as they don't impose a limit on the stories there's still that option.

Thank you zug for basically coming out and saying everything I've been trying to tell others.
I always had Said dailes we're not the "coin dungeon" of the game as much as they were the moves, a.k.a "equipment dungeon" as well as saying, "they probably want us spending less time doing boring things which is why they made the skipping system this way, as well as "we'll get coins as they add more content to the game, as they seem aware coins are an issue, hence why we got them prize fights" as well as "we already know they have plans for moves so we've just gotta go a couple updates more with this terrible current system before they finally get fixed" but nobody would really listen to me since I'm not like, an official mouth of the team, and am more of just, picking up on the context clues and information given in past posts and updates.

I will say though, not reminding people of these facts sooner is kinda a big mistake, don't underestimate how easy it is for your playerbase to forget important info. I still trust in the judgement you guys have, and trust in you to have plans for the future, just, remember you may have to regularly remind people those plans exist, rather then once a year via the road map. Of course that's difficult because plans change and things shift around (like dream demon's curse glitch not being fixed 2 patches ago like Bones suggested it would) but the occasional reassurance when people are assuming the worst about the game would do so much.

Reactions: Dalley alpha
The daily events suck because they're not challenging for just about anyone who's been playing the game longer than a few months. Being able to skip them is nice, but that means almost no one will actually play them long term, so you're admitting that the content is obsolete.

Have you considered changing dailies so that instead of having 4 difficulty levels, just have one dynamic one, where the enemy fighters you face have the same fighter score / level as the ones you assign to the battle? The higher fighter score the player assigns, the better the rewards. That way the map and modifiers will become compelling again and a source of enjoyment for users, especially if the rewards are there.

While I don’t particularly agree with the way they decided to revamp dailies, I do understand where they’re coming from. This still doesn’t really patch things up with the hole created by the update, but it’s progress. Guess we’ll just have to wait and see for this one.

Personally, I think a way to help reduce some of the problems could be to reduce some of the absurd prices for moves later on in the levels. Particularly, I think 13-15 could see a reduction by maybe 10-25% of their current price, where they’d still be expensive, but at least more fair to compensate.

Finally, while I don’t want to seem too demanding, there’s been an elephant in the room that I think needs brought up. For six days at this point, the servers have been chugging upon reset. After nearly a week of this, I feel like it needs to be addressed. Of course, I don’t exactly know what goes into improving the servers, but I do feel like they desperately need an upgrade at this point, even if it takes the game down for a full day or so.

The intention was clear as day from the beginning . play LESS daily - play MORE rift and pf .
But if you want to get higher rankings you do need invested fighters . since the whole game is about variety of colllection and multiple ways to aproach a problem ( specific variants or modifiers etc . ) there is the problem .
The new aproach good or bad is still leaving a sour taste because the pf are still the way they are and altrough the rift got changed ( there are still some major things to work on ( defensive moveset not getting locked on after the finalization of the base setup and lack of perhaps weekly elemental BASE SETUP save function IMO ) . Good to hear some work is gonna be done on the prizefight system soon .
If there is respect from the developers towards the players and viceversa i hope i will be playing for the next 10 years. if not.................................................................................................diablo immortal

5.1 was supposed to be the "Welcome Umbrella" update, but it turned into the "Daily Grind Intervention" patch. I had no idea people were still playing the weak tiers meant for early players. Skips and the XP-juiced Holodeck is much appreciated.
Well said. I haven't played those dailies for like more than a year. Which i played recently just to get the master mode available for "skipping" of the "selected" few fighters.

P.S.: Add a button to sell all bronze and silver tier moves only 🙏
Tapping on each move one by one to select 50 of 200 moves feels like a grind

783801669989171231.png

Reactions: Dusty00 and Wulfden
With the way that HVS has handled this daily debacle, it tells me a couple of things:
1. HVS is overall dedicated to their in-house design philosophy, and will be as faithful to it as possible when considering player feedback and implementing changes to the game.
2. We can likely expect a new coin focused daily event or perhaps a reward buff to Medici PFs in a future update.

As for my own opinion on how the ticket system is currently positioned: one extra ticket has helped out quite a bit. Three and one distributions on character dailies for more resources are now possible with the pre update non grinders getting the most benefit as they can now gain more resources than ever before. Holodeck is also in a more favorable position as with the extra ticket, players can now either use the fourth ticket on Holodeck if they don't need moves for other characters of the day, or they can go ham and spend four tickets on Holodeck with a boost on for fast and convenient leveling (admit it, you've gotten sick of doing Master Pea Boss over and over at some point).

Now to wait for someone to calculate how many coins we can farm in comparison to the past. I'm curious to know the gap.

Master Daily x1 = 45,400 + (min) 5 Gold moves = 70,400

3 Tix = 136,200 + 15 Gold moves = 211,200 x 7* = 1,478,400 *(1,567,600 if using 1 Tix for AE)
4 Tix = 181,600 + 20 Gold moves = 281,600 x 7* = 1,971,200 *(2,060,400 if using 1 Tix for AE)

*AE = 159,600

** For reference: Pre 5.1 - Grinding all 4 tiers + moves sold + AE = 3,426,800

Last edited:
Master Daily x1 = 45,400 + (min) 5 Gold moves = 70,400

3 Tix = 136,200 + 15 Gold moves = 211,200 x 7* = 1,478,400 *(1,567,600 if using 1 Tix for AE)
4 Tix = 181,600 + 20 Gold moves = 281,600 x 7* = 1,971,200 *(2,060,400 if using 1 Tix for AE)

*AE = 159,600

** For reference: Pre 5.1 - Grinding all 4 ties + moves sold + AE = 3,426,800
yes, but 4 tix = 3 minutes of pressing the skip button and skimming through moves + 10-15 minutes if you're doing AE

versus pre 5.1 which is like 1 or 2 hours every day

i REALLY need you guys to stop looking at the numbers of the coins because they're promising to add more ways to get coins in the future and instead look at the time spent playing a boring gamemode (at endgame, atleast)

yes, but 4 tix = 3 minutes of pressing the skip button and skimming through moves + 10-15 minutes if you're doing AE

versus pre 5.1 which is like 1 or 2 hours every day

i REALLY need you guys to stop looking at the numbers of the coins because they're promising to add more ways to get coins in the future and instead look at the time spent playing a boring gamemode (at endgame, atleast)
Ok. Let's keep calm, someone asked to crunch the numbers to see the the difference between 3 tix vs 4 tix. This is not meant to be any kind of continued commentary of the Daily overhaul. It's just data. I think seeing it all written out helps to better evaluate the situation.
I mean, 2 Tix was too little. IMHO, yes @ 4 Tix it is worth the 1.4M loss in coins to get back considerable amount of time...which I've always stated it the most valuable resource in SGM. At 4 Tix, I think this is a huge windfall for those players that were NOT doing Character Dailies.

As for the 'Dev's promise' of more coins in the future...they say that now, after the backlash...so we'll never know if that was their original intention...it's easy to make that claim in hindsight. It's funny when you think about it, regardless of where these new sources of coins comes from, we'll have to still have fight (spend time playing) for them and I doubt it will end up being more than the 1.4M that's been lost. We'll just have to wait and see...

Getting up to twice as much essence from dailies is pretty great. I often end up missing the weekly elemental PF, but now I'll have more time for PFs and I get more out of dailies.

Now if only it didn't take weeks to get the character PFs you want (and getting longer), and if Medici PFs didn't cap at one million (I'm not grinding another 20m to maybe get that extra reward, with nothing inbetween).

Hope the next moves update comes soon because moves management is still a huge hassle right now and I get tired from having to sort them so often (worse now that we can do 4 master dailies a day).

I must confess, I'm pacified and happy how the SGM crew addresses issues and communicates with her audience, unlike other games I have played whereby the developers are total scum and don't care what her audience thinks...

I was devastated when the ticket thing was introduced and awith that limited at just 3, I'm still in development and the dailies was my major means of livelihood to up my game, I understand the intentions for the tickets and It's welcomed, but with this current adjustment it's very okay and id plead if this adjustment is made as a long term goal, you guys are awesome, keep it up.

stuck with you for another 5 years

Now to wait for someone to calculate how many coins we can farm in comparison to the past. I'm curious to know the gap.
So, for simplicity I'm gonna divide people into a few groups. Group 1 only did all master dailies plus AE, that leaves you with 45,400 * 16 + 159,600, or 885,400 a week. Group 2 would be those who also did all Expert, so add 40,000 * 16. They had an additional 640,000 a week, so 1,525,400. Group 3 is the masochists hardcore grinders who did all difficulties If you're already doing advanced might as well do basic.. They would be making 2,386,200 in total.

So, let's assume you're aiming for optimal coins. You would be doing AE once, then 27 master dailies. We're looking at 45,400 * 27 + 159,600. This in total is 1,384,800. We'll call this neo-optimal.

Including moves gets dodgy. We have the guaranteed 5 moves per clear (bronze, silver, gold, gold). I'm only going to include these. It won't perfectly represent the totals (and will underrepresent Group 3 greatly, I know, I don't know what the average is and am not intersted in finding it), but it should give some level of accuracy.

Group 1 would have 5 gold moves. If all are bad, that's another 25,000 moves per daily. This adds up to another 400,000 per week, for a total of 1,286,000. Group 2 would double that, 800,000, for a total of 2,326,000. Group 3 would get that, plus ((2,000 * 5) * 16) + ((1,000 * 5) * 16) from the lower two difficulties. Another 240,000 coins, for a grand total of 2,556,000.

Playing neo-optimally will give you 27 * 25,000 coins, or 675,000 from moves. This boosts the neo-optimal coins gain massively to 2,060,400

But wait, there's more!

One additional Medici a week is either 300k (or 550k if you do top 100) more when it comes up. Since it's up every week from every other week, I'm gonna divide those values in half, since it's techically adding one medici to the weeks we didn't have them midweek. So, you're making an additional 150,000 for milestones and 275,000 if you always do top 100. I'm gonna assume most people just do milestones, since 100 people in a game with 10m downloads is a small range (but if you fall in this category just add 125,000 to your group). Since this change comes with everything else, I'm going to include it in the totals.

Here's the differences:
Group 1Group 2Group 3
Prior Coin gain1,286,0002,326,0002,556,000
New Coin gain2,060,4002,060,4002,060,400
Add extra Medici pf150,000150,000150,000
If you consistently do top 100 in medici125,000125,000125,000
Difference+774,000-265,600-495,600
Difference for top 100+899,000-140,600-370,600

Full disclosure, I wouldn't be surprised if I made a mistake somewhere. But I've heard people say all 4 difficulties give 6m a week and 3m a week before. Idk if they're rounding, including random moves, or what. So if I made a mistake, let me know where it is (and how you got said values, ideallY)