• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Prize fight feels unfair

Pixelpopped

Reaction score
I love the game, and have been playing since launch. That said in prize fight I do get quite annoyed that once you reach a certain difficulty you really have no chance to win. The enemies will get inblockable moves basically guaranteed around 5k+ and the higher you go the higher the chance of those moves one shotting you. I realize that you can equip a peacock or a bad frosty Filia and try to cancel or dodge the attack, but even then you need some luck. I don't like how you can get ridiculous combos and be destroying the enemy and then they choose to ora ora ora you and you die. I don't have a solution in mind so I wanted to ask the community for their thoughts on this :)

I love the game, and have been playing since launch. That said in prize fight I do get quite annoyed that once you reach a certain difficulty you really have no chance to win. The enemies will get inblockable moves basically guaranteed around 5k+ and the higher you go the higher the chance of those moves one shotting you. I realize that you can equip a peacock or a bad frosty Filia and try to cancel or dodge the attack, but even then you need some luck. I don't like how you can get ridiculous combos and be destroying the enemy and then they choose to ora ora ora you and you die. I don't have a solution in mind so I wanted to ask the community for their thoughts on this :)
It does feel frustrating, that's for sure.
Though that doesn't mean it's exactly unfair, because that's just how streaks work.
You work your victory streaks up for more points, meaning you obviously fight stronger foes as you rack up streaks.
And if you lose, well, you just try again, but this time, with a stronger team.
But then again, I've seen people saying they're having an easier time on higher streaks because of the Aeon and Venus teams.

And that's my take on the matter.

Reactions: Daikodugo
PF's design makes it nearly impossible to catch up if you aren't already at the top. The only way to not get one-shot by invincible fullscreen unblockables is to be near the level cap so there are no higher level opponents to one-shot you like that.

Once again, it all comes down to the invincible fullscreen unblockables. If not for those you could still have a chance to take down high level foes, as long as you played perfectly. But thanks to that mechanic there really is nothing you can do, at a certain point you are guaranteed to die.

Reactions: Ryouhi
This has become much more prevalent since the AI teams actually get stat benifits and with everyone and their mom stacking defense.
If your streak is high enough and enemy teams have such a FS advantage against your team they don't even need any extra damage stacks to oneshot you with BB3s, but with all the Defense stats they stack there's no way to kill them without them filling one or more BB3s.

The only thing i can think of currently is using fighters that can lock up enemy BB3s or draining them, but that leaves you weith a pretty limited roster. :/

And i don't think the problem lies with enemy teams getting higher and higher FS-advantages, i like the challenge - but the problem stems from having the strongest attacks in the game be fullscreen and unblockable.

I personally feel something needs to be done about them

I dont get too far in prize fights but far enough to met the ai teams. I just farm moves that have meter gain. So i can lunch my bb3 before them.

PF's design makes it nearly impossible to catch up if you aren't already at the top. The only way to not get one-shot by invincible fullscreen unblockables is to be near the level cap so there are no higher level opponents to one-shot you like that.

Once again, it all comes down to the invincible fullscreen unblockables. If not for those you could still have a chance to take down high level foes, as long as you played perfectly. But thanks to that mechanic there really is nothing you can do, at a certain point you are guaranteed to die.
I disagree. I am a new player (2-3 weeks) and last PF I got top 10% pretty easily. I am still a very mediocre player and make a ton of mistakes but even still it wasn't very hard.

The only time PF is ridiculously impossible is the current one with the Supercharged Modifier. This makes it so it's literally impossible to kill your opponent before they charge their BB3 and since the AI can do stupid stuff like fire BB's in the middle of you combo'ing them and firing BB3 the literal second they tag in, it makes the game just not very fun at all.

Reactions: Boogiepop
The current Prize fight event feels unfair at points.Not to mention that the one receiving damage gets his Blockbusters filled very quickly.And I was at the top 10 players regularly.

I have maxed out three of my Characters and a guy had Cerebella (armed foces)
and I simply could not stand a chance because she had tons of health and defense and her BB would fill quickly.