• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

"DRAGON BRAWLER" - Strategy and Discussion

Liam

!Robot
Hidden Variable Dev
Reaction score
Beowufl.png

This thread is for discussing Beowulf's new Gold variant, "DRAGON BRAWLER".
General strategy, team position, character role, etc.
It all goes here!

* Please note that the fighter score shown in this image may not reflect the actual fighter score of the variant in game.

Last edited:
I'm a bit miffed about how the SA is only about crits IN hype mode and can't give those same crits in throws since that's exactly how Beo works,

but I'll admit, as a crit-rate user, I find the idea of a pure crit-damage fighter that can already have a boosted critical % is rather delightful! I'm hoping to train mine up shortly after this Beowulf Prize fight is over (Got a Wulfsbane at 7K going on 8 and a Weekend Warrior at 4k) and then give a good analysis for what's about Dragon Brawler here but from what I've seen so far,

- Your damage is going to be maximized through crit damage, may as well boost up that crit rate as you can along side defense in order to get the maximum amount of throws before you die.

- Using Geatish Trepak / Lupine Pummel / Other BB's for style grants a boost to other BB's anyway, so your best bet is to play him like a momentum character, bring him up, add some throws, then kill with a BB and or go to town with that Crit Rate. Rinse, repeat.

- Pure damage means you "can" use him like Wulfsbane, but without the added bonus of dealing extra damage to debuffed fighters. You're more or less going to want to bring this guy first in your party and then control characters in the back (Ideally, Surgeon General will also give him a nice enrage and regen as time runs on so do keep note of that, if you don't have her, your run of the mill Heir Apparent will also help in reducing the cooldown of other moves)

- If your play style is more "Dear Trinity please die so I can finally win", you may just like him a lot more after boosting your crit stats as high as possible with your attack, the damage itself is no Brain Freeze or the likes of other Big Bands and Cerebella, but he'll definitely be up to the task of bringing some extra tricks in the fight.

- Lupine pummel cannot crit so your best bet for BB's that can atm is Geatish Trepak, I'll figure out some other moves for the time to see what else will crit for him!

Getting a wee bit off the topic of his general stratagem, I'd had killed for his SA to be something like "50% more damage when the opponent has a beneficial / unflinching status" or "Deal 35% / 50% more damage when the opponent's Fight Score is higher than this Wulf." or something amongst those lines. However, Beowulf is my favorite character so, oh well, I'll be sure to give this palette as much love as any other! (Though, why we still don't have a Sabin from Final Fantasy 6 palette is beyond me.)

Anywho, that wraps up my little song and dance for now, I'll get back to this once I finished leveling him up and building him in the meantime too!

I'm a bit miffed about how the SA is only about crits IN hype mode and can't give those same crits in throws since that's exactly how Beo works,

but I'll admit, as a crit-rate user, I find the idea of a pure crit-damage fighter that can already have a boosted critical % is rather delightful! I'm hoping to train mine up shortly after this Beowulf Prize fight is over (Got a Wulfsbane at 7K going on 8 and a Weekend Warrior at 4k) and then give a good analysis for what's about Dragon Brawler here but from what I've seen so far,

- Your damage is going to be maximized through crit damage, may as well boost up that crit rate as you can along side defense in order to get the maximum amount of throws before you die.

- Using Geatish Trepak / Lupine Pummel / Other BB's for style grants a boost to other BB's anyway, so your best bet is to play him like a momentum character, bring him up, add some throws, then kill with a BB and or go to town with that Crit Rate. Rinse, repeat.

- Pure damage means you "can" use him like Wulfsbane, but without the added bonus of dealing extra damage to debuffed fighters. You're more or less going to want to bring this guy first in your party and then control characters in the back (Ideally, Surgeon General will also give him a nice enrage and regen as time runs on so do keep note of that, if you don't have her, your run of the mill Heir Apparent will also help in reducing the cooldown of other moves)

- If your play style is more "Dear Trinity please die so I can finally win", you may just like him a lot more after boosting your crit stats as high as possible with your attack, the damage itself is no Brain Freeze or the likes of other Big Bands and Cerebella, but he'll definitely be up to the task of bringing some extra tricks in the fight.

- Lupine pummel cannot crit so your best bet for BB's that can atm is Geatish Trepak, I'll figure out some other moves for the time to see what else will crit for him!

Getting a wee bit off the topic of his general stratagem, I'd had killed for his SA to be something like "50% more damage when the opponent has a beneficial / unflinching status" or "Deal 35% / 50% more damage when the opponent's Fight Score is higher than this Wulf." or something amongst those lines. However, Beowulf is my favorite character so, oh well, I'll be sure to give this palette as much love as any other! (Though, why we still don't have a Sabin from Final Fantasy 6 palette is beyond me.)

Anywho, that wraps up my little song and dance for now, I'll get back to this once I finished leveling him up and building him in the meantime too!

Great post! Enjoyed the read, thanks. Looking forward to a follow up, finally got him today!
Will be my next project to max out.

So, with Dragon Brawler's recent changes, I've been playing around with a baby one I had sitting around and I'm really enjoying him so far. Precision works well with a character that has a few low hit blockbusters. I've mostly been using his SA with Gigantic Arm and Three Wulf Moonsault. Being able to kill an Immortal Fiber without getting any of the side effects is really great! Refilling your blockbusters at the same time is a nice bonus.

I'm wondering if anyone has thoughts of what other moves to put on him though. Aroo Ready? seems like a given. After that, maybe Wulf Blitzer and Geatish Trepak or Lupine Pummel? I know Geatish actually benefits from Precision, but it does too many hits. Lupine Pummel might be better for killing people and benefiting from the second part of his SA.

Reactions: Veeko
So, with Dragon Brawler's recent changes, I've been playing around with a baby one I had sitting around and I'm really enjoying him so far. Precision works well with a character that has a few low hit blockbusters. I've mostly been using his SA with Gigantic Arm and Three Wulf Moonsault. Being able to kill an Immortal Fiber without getting any of the side effects is really great! Refilling your blockbusters at the same time is a nice bonus.

I'm wondering if anyone has thoughts of what other moves to put on him though. Aroo Ready? seems like a given. After that, maybe Wulf Blitzer and Geatish Trepak or Lupine Pummel? I know Geatish actually benefits from Precision, but it does too many hits. Lupine Pummel might be better for killing people and benefiting from the second part of his SA.

My moveset's:
Three Wulf Moonsault
Gigan Arm
Geatish Trepak
Hurtling Hurdle
Aroo Ready
I think it could work pretty nicely for you. I know it does for me. The taunt's a bit situational in use so I'd change that for Wulf Blitzer tho

Reactions: fanghoul