• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Fights 4.7 Update holodeck thoughts and wishes

How whould you like to see holodeck hazards updated?

• Total voters

You cant beat D

Reaction score
Upon first hearing the holodeck changes I was shocked, there was a period of pre-emptive disappointment, but overtime, I put myself into an open mindset, and had agreed to hold my critics until a week or so after the update.
All this time later and what do I have to say as an experienced player? well, I think this is good a step, once a day holodeck seemed like way too little, other mobile games usually have their xp events limited to once a day but this is Skullgirls, a mobile game wildly different from the norm, so skepticism was a given, but soon enough it became apparent that this was a perfect amount.
As is, the game is very contested and time consuming having holodeck be once a day keeps it from digging an even deeper time investment into a normal day of sgm, especially on weekends, and if this were all there was too it, I'd say it's perfect.....Buuuuuuuuuut...
Xp boosts are an issue here, with holodeck the way it is, it'll easily eat away at the xp boosts of those dedicated to playing it every day.
Among the community, I saw most asking for the old holodeck back, a request it's extremely unlikely we'll see, but from other problem solvers in the comunity, I saw two key answers to this issue:
A. The one hour xp booster, a cheaper xp boost that lasts for 60 whole minuets
B. Holodeck tickets that can be rarely obtained from gold gifts, bought in store bundles, and obtained in other special occasions (Mail gifts, christmas prize fight milestone rewards, ect)
Either one of these would in my personal opinion fix any of holodeck's current issues, but it's my opinion as merely one out of over a million players.

To the players reading this however, I'm curious how would you prefer holodeck hazards to evolve from it's current state?

Once a day really is fine. You don’t have to use an XP boost. That’s just greed kicking in wanting to maximize the XP gain from the event and not wasting 3hrs to the 4hr XP boost. The fact that this event is daily means this is meant for causal players rather than people grinding and trying to reach end game too fast.

I do like the idea of occasional tickets to let you enter holodeck more than once a day. Perhaps it can be more like rift where you earn one ticket a day, and can hold up to 5. That way you can spend all 5 on a day of your choice. Just don’t give away too many otherwise it’ll be like red rift tickets where no one other than top3 ever use them.

Reactions: Art3mes
Tbh, I would love to be able to trade down EXP boosters, even at a loss. For example, trading a single 4hr boost for 3 separate 1hr boosts. I feel like I can only keep focused on playing for around 2-2.5hrs anyways, so multiple smaller boosts would be more useful for me, since every time I use one I end up wasting the last hour or so anyways. (i.e. if I only use 1.5 hours of a 4hr booster, it'd be better to swap for multiple smaller boosters even if their total active time is less overall. Plus, I have way more 12hrs than I'll ever use and I'd love to be able to swap them for multiple smaller ones.)

Also love the rift-esque ticket idea too, as it further allows players to play their way and gives them more choice on how to manage their playtime. Whether they're saving up tickets to maximize their EXP gain with a booster, or if they only have time to play once every few days, it seems like a win-win for everyone, from the most dedicated to the most casual.

Last edited: