• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

"BITING COLD" - Strategy and Discussion

BallotBoxer

Reaction score
BCp.jpg
BITING COLD PAINWHEEL
Element: Water
Variant: Gold
Palette: #24 Nemo (an Indie-go-go backer picked palette of fan character)
First Appearance: 4.6 (Mar. 2021)

Signature Ability
NECROVORE
Gain 1 stack of BARRIER and THORNS for 10 seconds every 3 seconds while near a dead body.
Gain 5 stacks of REGEN for 10 seconds and 50% BLOCKBUSTER METER when defeating an opponent. Defeated opponents cannot be revived.

She looks soo much overpowered.
"Defeated opponents can't be revived", isn't it too much?

What about first SA? Will it vanish when moving away from a dead body? Just like Gang Green?

I want it.

It disappears, but much slower. How they compare:

Biting Cold SA1 = 3/10, slower to gain, slower to lose
Gain 1 stack of BARRIER and THORNS for 10 seconds every 3 seconds while near a dead body.

Gang Green SA2 = 1/5, quick to gain, quick to lose
Gains 1 stack of MIASMA for 5 seconds every 1 second(s) while not BLOCKING near a dead body.

Anybody else creeped out by the use of the term "dead body"? I thought everyone was being knocked-out (KO), not killed in fights. 😨 (I suppose it is more expedient to say "dead body" than "inert form of a defeated character, possibly unconscious or mortally wounded, laying on the battlefield")

Biting Cold Painwheel is very strong. My level 22 cleared Master difficulty Painwheel daily easily, nearly leveling up every other fight.

Now I just need to decide which Marquee Ability is best for her.

Biting Cold Painwheel is very strong. My level 22 cleared Master difficulty Painwheel daily easily, nearly leveling up every other fight.

I heard her ATK is horrible though.

Tainted Blood would be the better one. The armor from Grudge will work directly against the thorns she gains. Plus more damage redirection's going to hurt

Just to let y'all know, and anyone else who has her, Biting Cold right now is borked as ****. And not in a good way.

Her SA2 works by hexing the opponent as she kills them. This is an invisible hex, so it doesn't show up on the debuffs of opponents. This means:

-Her SA2 works on any character that has an SA that procs on death. Immoral, Xeno, Killjoy, and any SA that self-revives.
-Her SA2 DOES NOT WORK when the enemy has Immune, or a high resist stat.

Here is a screenshot taken by JMS that shows that Squigly resisted the SA, and procced her own SA by reviving with thorns and debuffs.

It's been reported as a bug on Discord, but it should be said that while Biting Cold is a great variant on paper, she's not in practice due to this.

EDIT: This is fixed. Biting Cold works properly now and no longer can override SAs that proc on death. (Immoral, Xeno, Killjoy, etc.) She now prevents revives of the character she killed, and only the characters she kills. Not other revives.

Attachments

• BCSABug2.png
    BCSABug2.png
    132.2 KB · Views: 12
  • compressed-glwn.png
    compressed-glwn.png
    814.3 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Reactions: stale cheeto
Also, if you die by her thorns instead of her attacks you can revive, it's one of the only know ways of avoid her SA1

Biting Cold's appeal lies mainly in her ability to prevent opponents from reviving. Her SA2 counters all variants that revive themselves and/or their teammates, which is especially useful against Plot Twisted, Last Hope, and Kill Joy. Her SA2 no longer ignores on-death SAs like Immoral Fiber, so you're better off bringing a different fighter depending on the defender.

On Rift offense, her SA1 mainly serves as a safety net and is largely negligible if you don't make any mistakes. The regeneration she gains from her SA2 also helps her heal back up to a safe amount of HP, which allows her to get a higher HP bonus. As stated earlier, the main reason to use Biting on offense is to utilize her anti-revive. Her anti-revive makes fighting defenders like Plot Twisted, Last Hope, and Kill Joy significantly easier, as she only needs to defeat them once instead of the usual twice.

Biting's first main flaw is her stats. She shares the exact same stats with Firefly. While 10K attack at max level when Diamond isn't bad, it's not necessarily good either. As such, she'll need some considerable Atk % investment in order for her to wipe out her opponents on offense. Her second main flaw is the conditions under which her SA procs. Her SA1 only procs if she's near a corpse, and her SA2 only procs upon her defeating an opponent. Outside of those two circumstances, Biting Cold is effectively an SA-less Painwheel that must rely on her equipped BBs and SMs in order to deal with her opponent. Like any other Painwheel, she has no access to Precision, Immunity, Curse, or any moves that remove buffs, so she'll need support from other fighters like Surgeon General and Sketchy in order to take on certain defenders without struggling somewhat.

On Rift defense, Biting Cold can prove to be an annoying defender to take down. Since she is a Water variant, she is compatible with Frost Armor, one of the best Catalysts in the game. The ideal set-up for a defensive Biting would be Frost Armor + Don't Poke the Buer + Tainted Blood MA. This would force the attacker to bring an anti-buff variant (e.g. Stand Out, Silent Kill), run an Outtake to remove corpses from the stage, or manage corpses while attacking. An attacker that manages corpses poorly may find themselves struggling to take Biting down as she gains Barrier, Thorns, Armor, and reflects damage (either from Thorns, her MA, or from DPtB). Making mistakes against Biting can prove to be fatal. Losing a fighter to her will cause her to gain 5 stacks of Regen for 10 seconds. This forces the attacker to whittle her HP down again, or lose depending on whether or not the attacker's other fighters can win the fight. If the attacker manages to win, their time bonus may not be as high as desired.