• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Characters Cerebella: Armed Forces - Improvements

YummyLynx

Reaction score
This Cerebella's move is garbage. It is currently have a 5% chance on hit to grant armor. The problem is that if you have a lower battle score compared to your opponent (as you often do in prize fights when you get to streak 10+) there is never any chance to use it because if you mess up slightly, you get punished by losing at least half your hp (often all of it). It is so rare that I'll see her skill used that I've forgotten what it is a few times and whenever I see her on another team I know the fight will be super easy. It's not like there aren't already fighters with really good defensive skills either. The blue gold peacock has a 15% chance to not take any damage and gain unflinching so she can counter mid combo. The move would be much better if it were 5% on hit including blocks or 15-20% chance to trigger on hit excluding blocks. 5% excluding blocks is way too weak. The average combo is 4 hits, 3 juggles and 4 hits after. With just 11 hits to lose all of your health, there is a 50 l% chance you can even get the skill off once.

Once you have 50% defense that one armor stack makes you take 75% less damage, and if it procs twice, you take 0 damage. Unflinching on cerebella is a lot scarier because you can't grab her because she can stagger you. Peacock is less likely to dish out a lot of damage with unflinching because the AI drops a lot of combos. Cerebella has many Blockbusters that deal crazy amounts of damage that the AI combos and often uses without the jab combos, making it less likely to drop the combo.

You think the SA is weak because your Armed Forces is weak, and she's a defensive character. Granted, all defensive SAs are mediocre on your own team because the goal is to not get hit at all, but Armed Forces is one of the better ones because Armor is incredibly strong.

Reactions: Psyche and Veracroz
Armed Forces does seem like someone that's stronger in the the AI's hands than our own, since the AI seems to focus more on throwing out big high damage bursts after getting hit a lot rather than throwing a lot of combos to build up meter.

I personally can't fathom deliberately choosing fights with Armed Forces, since she always grinds my fights to a halt with her SA, and has even caused me to lose purely by running out the fight timer.

I guess I'd leave her as is.

AF is one of those characters that's definitely stronger on defense than attack. Since currently there's no real benefit to having a strong defense team (except stopping other players from reaching high scores, and possibly edging you out of the higher reward brackets), AF can definitely seem a bit weak.

There are plans for players being able to choose their defense teams later down the line. Many other phone games also have systems where you are rewarded for how successful your team is on defense. If a similar system is added to SGM, then characters like AF will suddenly become a lot more impressive!

Thanks for all the feedback!

There are a lot of characters in the game such as Armed Forces which are geared towards defense teams.
Given that the defense team features aren't implemented yet, I can understand that these SA's might not make very much sense at the moment especially considering the current high ATK meta.

Once Prize Fight defense teams are implemented, a lot of new characters are going to get their chance to shine, and a lot of characters geared towards countering defensive characters will shine even brighter. (Private Dick, Ultraviolent, etc.)

Reactions: Fel and Gerhop
I admit I am bummed to know that Armed Forces is more meant for the Defensive side than Attack. It was the variation I looked forward to playing the most and I hope there is a way to give her some manner of joining the fray on the attacking side.

One thing I am hoping to see if maybe increase the armor percentage in exchange for lower unflinching duration. It might make it so she can take a few hits from the opponents but isn't sitting there for 15 seconds with no way to move/attack her safely (considering how risky throwing a Cerebella is in general).