1. [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy
    Dismiss Notice

Cinco de Mayo - ¡Viva la Fiesta! Prize Fight

Discussion in 'Game Events' started by BallotBoxer, Apr 21, 2020.

1. tiffany butterfly

i saw a team of 40k dreamband 35k armed forces and 30k firefly
    i took a chance because i have death wish
    i took my best fighters
    fight starts with bleed
    dreamband drops dead in the first second
    h*e im shook
    so shaken the armed forces pumeled me to death

Animus66 and fanghoul like this.
  2. TonyPartridge30

TonyPartridge30 Well-Known Member

Dark horse might be Claw & Order. She can reset the Bleed timer.

3. saintshish

saintshish Member

Stand Out carries me this PF. Her SA + Chaos Banish are great at removing buffs, regen taunt to cancel bleeds and BB3 spam second only to Poltergust.

Animus66 likes this.
  4. Art3mes

Art3mes Active Member

Armed forces really is a pain

5. BallotBoxer

BallotBoxer Well-Known Member

Final day! Got until 3AM to climb to that 100 million mark. From all the fuss I've seen about the modifiers being to too tough or restrictive, I predict a low 10% mark.

Had similar experiences. In-game chat hypes up Dream Band Big Band like a monster but every rare chance I get to fight him he's just a pushover. Maybe I've been lucky?

But Assassin's Greed Valentine with ICU marquee is terrifying. I-It's the Skullgirl! If she bleeds, she regens. If you bleed, she regens. Maybe if you bring Mean One Peacock you may have a chance, otherwise it is all despair. It is like seeing Overclocked Robo-Fortune during the Robo-Fortune PF -- the modifiers are made for them, so avoid at all costs.

Oh, You Again?
    "On nearly every defense team" list:
    • Armed Forces Cerebella - a fully-evolved diamond one can be scary
    • That's All Folks! Peacock - I know RNG is my enemy, giving me 4 bleeds in a row, but your Evasion stack chance isn't something you should count on, brat!
    • Weekend Warrior Beowulf - Mean One Peacock and Doublicious Double would like a closer look at your buffet table full of buffs...
    • Windswept Filia - I enjoy seeing the AI use Evade without appearing to move at all
    • Scared Stiff Squigly - here to stall for time
    • Every Valentine, all the time (includes: Scrubs, a million Kill Joys, a rare Oh Mai, dozens of Last Hopes and Surgeon Generals, a few scary Pyro-Techniques, and evil incarnate Assassin's Greed)

6. Robokit

Robokit Active Member

With enriched rewards facilitated by features new and old (gifts, viewing parlour, upgraded daily-logins and player-level-ups and various holiday-themed pfs), I think the devs are committed to helping new players catch up. To that end, for a once-a-year pf as difficult as Cinco de Mayo, why not make the 1 diamond key, one of the most coveted resources, a part of the top 10% event reward?

#46 Robokit, May 8, 2020
    Last edited: May 8, 2020
  7. BallotBoxer

BallotBoxer Well-Known Member

The results are in:
    ¡VIVA LA FIESTA! (Cinco de Mayo ) Prize Fight [05-02-20 / 05-05-20]
    - #1 - 289,305,710
    - #100 - 147,340,603
    - 10% - 22,853,170
    - 30% - 5,699,639
    - 60% - 1,551,206

More than half the participants gave up half-way up the milestone reward ladder. With 10% being less than a quarter of the 100 million mark, it seems most dipped out after their third Bandera Relic. Was this PF too tough?

Overall, I think the event was great. The Modifiers RNG created plenty of crazy moments where the buffs/debuffs would waver from being wildly in your favor or out to kill you dead. My only regret is half my collection could only watch from the bench as the three required elements were strengthened with massive XP gains. I have so many level 50 golds now stuck in the waiting-to-diamond-evolve lobby.

Robokit and Lililira like this.
  8. Lililira

Lililira Well-Known Member

I have mixed feelings on this PF.

On one hand, it was a pretty interesting chance to strategize and build both attack and defense teams that worked well with the modifier. There were a ton of tough and interesting strategies that I saw on my way to 100mil, all of which synergized with the modifier in one way or another. It was fun seeing how everyone else worked around the bleeds and enemy buffs or simply turned a tough modifier into a win-win situation.

On the other hand, sometimes no matter how well you strategized the outcome of the battle was simply out of your hands, and all you could do was to pray that RNGsus was feeling merciful. After a certain point I just used Doublicious and a ton of energy refills to power through to the end without having to wrestle the modifier anymore. Not a huge fan of the highly restrictive team comp either, as I feel like it probably locked out a lot of players who didn't have large/diverse collections or the energy refills to keep going after they've all run out of energy.

I think it just needs a few small tweaks to remove the frustration factors though; like making it so you can't get the same effect twice in a row from the modifier, and loosening up the team restrictions a bit. Maybe simply exclude Water/Dark/Neutral so you can build a team with any number of Fire/Wind/Light fighters, or allow all fighters but only Fire/Wind/Light are affected by the modifier.

I got 4 Blood Drives from the ranking relics, which I don't mind since I need them to evolve Rusty to Diamond and their skill points for marquee'ing Neuro. Pretty good haul overall, and I managed to evolve several fighters using the essences I earned from the milestones.

#48 Lililira, May 11, 2020
    Last edited: May 11, 2020
    Robokit and BallotBoxer like this.
  9. GreatTiny

GreatTiny Member

I was not a fan of the modifiers at first. They ended up growing on me after the 2nd day, after I finally stopped trying to win by brute force and just use one of the OP attacers for the PF in every fight I tried. From my point of view, the major drawback for this PF ended up been the heavy restrictions on team composition. As an example, if this happened a month ago and I didn't have Mean one and doublicious as diamond fighters, this would have been a pain.