• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Fights Combo BlockBusters

Goatman302

Reaction score
So after some thought I was trying figure out how we could turn in the ability to combo one BB into another (like in main game) to extend combos and get another fighter out. Something like that here in the mobile game would be interesting to say the least to even consider here. So far this is what I got.

First off what could happen is that during the cinametic BB is going off you can quickly tap one of your reserve fighters ( so we would have to update the UI to show them) and if they have a BB that’s usable (starting from left to right) it would interrupt the first BB tag out and play the second BB (just like in the main game). Of course this would require tweaking to get BBs to connect and continue the combo and the included all the modifiers. That alone would be a daunting task for the dev team. Heck it would be even odder to include the reduce cost like in main game but instead of levels it would be overall cost? Anywho I’m just throwing this out there. I don’t expect to see this at all due to its complex nature but I’d like to see what you guys think?

Why not just have the first blockbuster on the move list activate when you press the tag button during a blockbuster? It doesn't have to connect either.

The main problem with this that I can see is that, unlike in the main game where all BBs and all fighters on one team share a single ‘dramatic tension’ meter gauge, in SGM each and every single BB is charged individually at one of three different rates – and that’s only with the active fighter. Characters on the bench gain meter for their moves in some weird way that I’ve never really explored, but in any case at a different pace to the point fighter, so unless you like to manually tag between your fighters regularly (which is much less useful in this game than the console/PC version) this feature will not only be hard to implement but also a hassle to (under)use outside of the ‘The Crowd Goes Wild’ fight condition and without Hype Man or Scrub on the team which is every team.
The concept sounds great, though, don’t get me wrong. Extended combos would be pretty neat not like Parasite Weave, Diva Intervention and all Big Bands need them.

Reactions: Skulltoon
The mechanic of tagging in a teammate to do a second BB is called a Delayed Hyper Combo (DHC), so I'm going to call it that!
I don't feel the game really needs it, but it would be pretty neat! If it were to be implemented I'd do something like this:

Option A)
Add a glow effect to the Tag In buttons to show when a character has a full BB ready.
As Fel said, tapping another member portrait on your list will swap them in and have them use the first available BB, starting left to right in their equip lists.
You wouldn't know which one will trigger somtimes, so it may not combo, but it's a pretty easy way to implement at least.

Option B)
On the SM/BB equip screen you can assign one of your BBs as your DHC.
In a fight the character icon will glow if that particular BB is ready to use.

The mechanic of tagging in a teammate to do a second BB is called a Delayed Hyper Combo (DHC), so I'm going to call it that!
I don't feel the game really needs it, but it would be pretty neat! If it were to be implemented I'd do something like this:

Option A)
Add a glow effect to the Tag In buttons to show when a character has a full BB ready.
As Fel said, tapping another member portrait on your list will swap them in and have them use the first available BB, starting left to right in their equip lists.
You wouldn't know which one will trigger somtimes, so it may not combo, but it's a pretty easy way to implement at least.

Option B)
On the SM/BB equip screen you can assign one of your BBs as your DHC.
In a fight the character icon will glow if that particular BB is ready to use.
Considering the limit of 5 moves per character, i feel that assists and DHCs will really amplify the combo aspect of the game. Especially since the SGM twitter seems to be pushing for cool combos now. Of course, this should be accompanied with revamped training mode and harder fights that would encourage the use of these combos.

I’d love to combo Inferno Brigade into Good Fellows. :p

I knew it was called something I just couldn’t think of DHC. Yea like I said I don’t expect this to be real I’m just throwing it out.