• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Custom Catalysts / Custom Modifiers

Maximus_David045

Reaction score
Welcome to the Custom Catalyst & Modifiers thread. A place where you can share your awesome ideas of... well... catalysts and modifiers (buffs and debuffs) that currently don't exist in game, but could do.

Example:

I made two modifiers for neutral-element only

ON THE FENCE

[Neutral Element Defenders] DISABLE opponent's SPECIAL MOVES and BLOCKBUSTERS for 5/15 seconds if the opponent doesn't use a SPECIAL MOVE or a BLOCKBUSTER for 10 seconds straight while their SPECIAL MOVES or BLOCKBUSTERS are not DISABLED189 Sem Título_20230402051045.png
NEUTRALIZING BARRIER

[Neutral Element Defenders] Gain BARRIER each 10/7/5 seconds. While benefiting from BARRIER, there is a 25/50% chance of resisting DEBUFFS and CRITICAL HIT damage
189 Sem Título_20230402051517.png

Last edited:
CHARM: Get immune to opponent's Signature Ability effects. Also drain 5% meter gradually while near the opponent.

194 Sem Título2_20240215204015.png

YOU CAN'T CATCH ME

50% chance of gaining EVASION for 5/15 seconds when either fighter uses a SPECIAL MOVE or a BLOCKBUSTER out of a combo

Activation Percentage per Tier:

Bronze: 25%
Silver: 35%
Gold: 50%
Silver (character-exclusive): 75%
Gold (character-exclusive): 100%

321 Sem Título_20240223115446.png

WET FLOOR

50% chance of inflicting SLIME for 10/20 seconds each time either fighter is knocked down on your side of the field

321 Sem Título_20240223115455.png

Last edited:
YOU CAN'T CATCH ME

There is a 50% chance of gaining EVASION for 5/15 seconds when either fighter uses a SPECIAL MOVE or a BLOCKBUSTER out of a combo

Tier Activation Percentage:

WindSwept would be reaching OG Granny Dimitrescu levels of busted with this catalyst....

Lol. Maybe. 😂

Defensive Windswept. That sounds funny and uncanny.
I'm just glad she would be less troublesome than old Host, since CURSE, DEADEYE and multi-hit strategies would work just well and quite easy.

Still, why to think so little? There would be more interesting things to worry about, such as:

• Weight of Anubis denial (perfect for Painwheel defenders);
• X-Bot handicapping (since lasers wouldn't hit normally);
• Wulfshot spoiled (also perfect for Painwheel defenders);
• Offensive burst trolling (trying to burst out from the opponent's combo won't be a smart thing to do)
• Defensive burst enhancement (they'll break your combo and be ready to evade the next hit)
• etc

Last edited:
ROSE THORNS

15% chance of getting THORNS for 5/10 seconds when getting HIT while suffering from any DEBUFF

Bronze: 10%
Silver: 12%
Gold: 15%
Silver (character-exclusive): 17%
Gold (character-exclusive): 20%

321 Sem Título_20240224004438.png

SECOND CHANCE

Once per match, when HEALTH drops below 25%, gain 3 stacks of BLESSING. When reviving, gain INVINCIBILITY and IMMUNITY for 5/10 seconds.

Stacks per Tier:

Bronze: 1 stack
Silver: 2 stacks
Gold: 3 stacks
Silver (character-exclusive): 4 stacks
Gold (character-exclusive): 5 stacks

321 Sem Título_20240224004449.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Stone
BARE WIRE

50% chance of inflicting POWER SURGE for 5/15 when the opponent uses a BLOCKBUSTER

321 Sem Título_20240224191225.png

ADVERSE REACTION

Inflict INVERSE POLARITY for 5/10 seconds for every 25% health recovered by the opponent

Healing Limit per Tier:

Bronze: 50%
Silver: 45%
Gold: 35%
Silver (character-exclusive): 30%
Gold (character-exclusive): 25%

321 Sem Título_20240224191231.png

Last edited:
HALT!

For every 15 HITS suffered, gain AUTO-BLOCK for 5/15 seconds

Hits Needed per Tier:

Bronze: 20 hits
Silver: 17 hits
Gold: 15 hits
Silver (character-exclusive): 12 hits
Gold (character-exclusive): 10 hits

321 Sem Título_20240226022053.png

UNGUARDED

20/50% chance of inflicting 3 stacks of GUARD BREAK on the opponent while they are blocking. All GUARD BREAK stacks disappear when the opponent stops blocking

Stack Number per Tier:

Bronze: 1 stack
Silver: 2 stacks
Gold: 3 stacks
Silver (character-exclusive): 4 stacks
Gold (character-exclusive): 5 stacks
321 Sem Título_20240226022100.png

Last edited:
STENCH OF THE DEAD

Gain MIASMA for 5/15 seconds every 3 seconds while near a dead body.

Seconds Needed Near A Dead Body per Tier:

Bronze: 4 seconds
Silver: 3.5 seconds
Gold: 3 seconds
Silver (character-exclusive): 2.5 seconds
Gold (character-exclusive): 2 second

321 Sem Título_20240227102212.png

EXHAUSTION

50% chance of inflicting FATIGUE for 15/5 seconds when the opponent uses a SPECIAL MOVE

321 Sem Título_20240227102220.png

DROP ANCHOR

50% chance of inflicting IMMOBILIZE for 5/10 seconds on the opponent when either fighter get HIT while DASHING

Activation Chance per Tier:

321 Sem Título_20240228080412.png

PREVENTIVE BARRIER

When getting HIT while attacking, heal back 50/150% of the damage suffered and gain 3 stacks of BARRIER. A stack of BARRIER is removed after every HIT suffered.
Number of Stacks per Tier:

Bronze: 1
Silver: 2
Gold: 3
Silver (character-exclusive): 4
Gold (character-exclusive): 5

321 Sem Título_20240228080422.png

Last edited:
MENACING STARE

50/100% chance of gaining DEADEYE for 10 seconds when the opponent gains a BUFF. 50% chance of removing all opponent BUFFS when DEADEYE expires

Removal Activation Chance per Tier:

321 Sem Título_20240228080432.png

QUIET DECAY

When opponent's HEALTH drops below 50%, inflict QUIETUS for 10/20 seconds. While suffering QUIETUS, the opponent suffers damage equal to 3% of their MAX HEALTH every second until death and cannot be revived.

Damage Rate per Tier:

Bronze: 1% per second
Silver: 2% per second
Gold: 3% per second
Silver (character-exclusive): 4% per second
Gold (character-exclusive): 5% per second
321 Sem Título.png

Last edited:
Some of them are very cool, like Slime and Blessing. Others are downright OP, like Quietus and the Barrier + Neutral ones. Imagine Overclocked or Corrosive with some of those hahah.

Some of them are very cool, like Slime and Blessing. Others are downright OP, like Quietus and the Barrier + Neutral ones. Imagine Overclocked or Corrosive with some of those hahah.
Agree, if people are complaining about PW and Corrosive on Parallel Realms, imagine if they had these catalysts....

Agree, if people are complaining about PW and Corrosive on Parallel Realms, imagine if they had these catalysts....

Thank you all for the feedbacks. I haven't took these scenarios in count.

I'll be editing these catalyst effects to make them as balanced as possible. Neither broken nor useless.

Current changes:
NEUTRALIZING BARRIER now avoid only CRITICAL HIT damage when a stack of BARRIER is active instead of any hit damage;
PREVENTIVE BARRIER now works only when getting HIT while attacking (instead by the opponent's SPECIAL MOVE and BLOCKBUSTER usage), and each BARRIER stack gets self-removed after each HIT suffered, to avoid excessive survivability (did you hear that, Corrosive Agent?)
QUIET DECAY now has tiers influencing its damage rate. Also, the max damage dealt per second now is capped on 3% (instead of 5%). Still, is highly recommended to the player to avoid getting too much damaged by their opponent while facing this catalyst, or to be able to clean this debuff (since it's not permanent) or to have a good amount of healing to avoid unpleasant, gradual, permanent death.

Any more suggestions, I'll gladly be taking into account.

DISSENSION: Avoid interactions between the target and its teammates
187 Sem Título_20230401163145.png

Fighters suffering from this debuff can't...
• revive or get revived by allies;
• gain or grant BUFFS to allies;
• heal allies or get healing effect from allies;
• get any other benefit from allies or grant them any benefits;

I love most of these ideas, very creative!

except this one. We don't need more fatigue :p
I know, right? That's because I made that catalyst before that recent catalyst update. I'm kinda shocked they decided to give that property to Cripple Decker instead, but not surprised (since it's easier). Sad.
Still, I couldn't afford making all these catalysts and posting them ignoring the existence of any of them. Old "Exhausty" deserves to shine too.

It seems that I can be the second person to post idea here.

FEAR: MOVEMENT SPEED is reduced. While near at the opponent, PIERCING is also reduced by half.
IMG_4485.jpeg
Sorry for the low editing skill...

• The target suffering from FEAR have their movement speed reduced. “Movement speed” means the speed of walking/dashing (does not affect movement by moves). I haven't decided on an exact number, but I think 20 or 25% would be appropriate. Fighters with high mobility or have movement-based abilities (Ms. Fortune’s PA, Gang Green etc.) will have a big impact.

•Piercing will also decrease by half while near at the opponent. Therefore, it is also a debuff that will become a threat to Fighters who are good at close-range combat. On the other hand, it is not very effective against fighters who has many projectiles.

Reactions: Maximus_David045
PASSION : MOVEMENT SPEED is increased. Also, SPECIAL COOLDOWN is reduced by 20%.
IMG_4501.jpeg
It’s better than FEAR, isn’t it?

•I came up with a second idea of modifier, PASSION! This buff has the opposite effect to FEAR, that I introduced before.

•This buff cannot be with FEAR or IMMOBILIZE. When you got passion, it deletes these buff immediately, but this effect also works in reverse!

•Passion has the effect of increasing movement speed. Like fear’s, I think 20 or 25% would be appropriate. Also, it reduces the special cooldown, so it is simply strong even if you are not aiming to increase movement speed. This effect can be stackable with move’s option or Harlequin.

Reactions: Maximus_David045