• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

SvenZ

Reaction score
My suggestion is focused on separating the Doom trigger from the Lightning shots, as they don't compliment each other. One provides a damage spike, while the other a kill condition, making their pairing rather redundant. Lightning Shots are already incredibly fun, and granting more frequent access to them would make the variant more fun

Signature Ability 1
On RELOAD with no SHOTS remaining, gain 6 LIGHTNING SHOTS. Lightning shots deal 25/50/75% bonus damage.

Signature Ability 2
Once per match on 4 consecutive REALODS with six SHOTS remaining, inflict DOOM for 30/25/20 seconds and cause the opponent to instantly loose 20/35/50% BLOCKBUSTER METER. DOOM is removed if Black Dahlia TAGS OUT or is defeated.
Notes:
- 4 consecutive reloads means that you have all 6 shots remaining while reloading those 4 times.
- Using Tea Slip will count towards the 4 consecutive reload requirement
- Yes, this is a Quad Damage reference

Reasons for the change:
- Lets you play around with 6 lightning shots more often, which is the key thing that makes this variant fun.
- Grants better control on when to inflict DOOM.
- Lightning Shots no longer remove BB meter, however on infliction with DOOM, the enemy looses a decent chunk instantly.
- This will make Dame Slayer more consistent. She is currently a one and done variant with nothing much to show for after using her ability once.
- This palette deserves more love, given the reference and requirements to unlock it in 2nd Encore. Yes, 2 different games, but still, it's quite sad to see such a cool variant being her weakest.
- Granting both DOOM and 6 Lightning Shots is quite contradictive. The lightning shots provide you with a great damage spike vs an enemy that will die regardless.

Changelog
26/April/2024
SA1 Adjustments:
- Will now always trigger when no shots remaining. (Removed the requirement for every 2nd reload. Refer to the diagram for context)
1712788085989.png
- Damage reduced from 50/75/100% to 25/50/75%

SA2 Adjustments:
- Increased reload requirement from 3 to 4 (To make it riskier to pull off and for the Quad Damage reference)
- Reworded the description to make it more clear that you must have 6 shots remaining for the effect to trigger.
- Using Tea Slip will now also count as a reload for the prerequisite to trigger the Doom

Last edited:
For those wondering, this is how her Signature Abilities work now:
Wiki link: https://skullgirlsmobile.fandom.com/wiki/Dame_Slayer

View attachment 22779

View attachment 22780

It sounds good on paper, but in execution it's sadly not that great

She seems underwhelming because her SA are one time use, however doom on command is one hell of a debuff to inflict, a lot of people are using her as a Parallel Realms/Master Silver nodes on story because of how easy it is to clear strong nodes with Doom cheese, her SA2 (Lighting shots) is good if you don't spam them like crazy, since they stun the opponent and allow you to do some nasty combo damage

She seems underwhelming because her SA are one time use, however doom on command is one hell of a debuff to inflict, a lot of people are using her as a Parallel Realms/Master Silver nodes on story because of how easy it is to clear strong nodes with Doom cheese, her SA2 (Lighting shots) is good if you don't spam them like crazy, since they stun the opponent and allow you to do some nasty combo damage
The Lightning Shots are (in my opinion), the more fun/interesting part of the variant, and I dislike that they're tied to the doom effect.

Because the 6 rounds of lightning shots, as you already mentioned, provide you with great combo utility, along with dealing increased damage. So you end up dealing her biggest damage spike, vs the opponent who's going to die regardless because of Doom.

I think it is too weak,and I don't see more sense in more lightning shots ,I think her ability needs to be based on dealing damage,or inflicting doom and giving her more chance to survive so the doom will not be taken over,because it doesn't have sense to give her more damage in the start of game and after doom which will kill the opponent without it needing to receive damage,so she just uses lightning shots on nothing,because or she kills the opponent faster than doom will work,or she will deal damage on opponent who will die soon from doom.
More lightning shots will result in more damage

The following adjustments have been made to the suggestions:

SA1 Adjustments:
- Will now always trigger when no shots remaining.
- Damage reduced from 50/75/100% to 25/50/75%

SA2 Adjustments:
- Increased reload requirement from 3 to 4 (To make it riskier to pull off and for the Quad Damage reference).
- Reworded the description to make it more clear that you must have 6 shots remaining for the effect to trigger.
- Using Tea Slip will now also count as a reload for the prerequisite to trigger the Doom.

Reason behind the changes:
- Getting more consistent lightning shots, as already mentioned, is the most fun part of this variant. The goal of the suggestion from its inception was to make the 6 lightning shots more accessible. Lowering the Lightning Shot damage and completely removing the Meter Drain is the correct approach here to balance it out.

- Triggering Doom now requires 4 consecutive reloads instead of 3, and you must have all 6 shots while doing so. Even 1 shot missing will reset the counter. It's still easily accessible, however it is a bit riskier to use now. And just to make it clear, you can already time your Doom as soon as the opponent tags in with the current iteration, but it's only more troublesome to use.
- Tea Slip is given some extra utility, as it will count towards the 4 consecutive reload requirement.

So? I said she don't needs those shots in the start of game if after she just inflicts doom and kills opponent with doom,or she needs to inflict doom in the start of game,and after give more damage to the other opponent,or completely different ability,do you even comprehend what I write?
Yep, and I covered that. That's why I propose that Doom and the Lightning Shots are no longer tied together, and trigger from different things.

As for survivability, Lightning Shots can already cc the opponent quite well, so they cover that area. The instant drain of BB meter I proposed helps keep the enemy from pulling off any shenanigans. I think there are already plenty of Dahlias which focus around survivability, so it would be good to keep Dame Slayer damage focused. Lastly, I think the 6 lightning shots SA absolutely needs to stay. It's really fun to use

Regarding the damage statement I made. I was replying to this part of your first comment:
I think her ability needs to be based on dealing damage

As for this:
do you even comprehend what I write?
It's honestly a bit hard to understand your comments