• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Diamond relic: how does the game decide which character you get

Qasr

Reaction score
Hi guys,

does anyone know how the game calculates which characters you get when you open a diamond relic?
does it just use pure rng or does it factor in your current collection somehow?

I ask in particular because even with a small number of natural diamonds, all i ever got from diamond relics were duplicates.

Case 1: i got a class cutter from a premium relic from the cabinet about month or so ago. i opened a diamond relic the same day, and it was also a class cutter.
Case 2: an x-bot i got a few weeks ago from a 10+1, showed up as a duplicate yesterday

I know that that's too little data for too long a time period, and your experiences will likely invalidate this, but i just need to confirm if it's completely random or not.

Thanks, and apologies in advance if this was answered elsewhere.

Im guessing its randomly calculating numbers and it just so happens to land on that character. May just be luck, im sure it doesnt matter if you have pulled that character in the past because I got four Red Velvets in a row .

Im guessing its randomly calculating numbers and it just so happens to land on that character. May just be luck, im sure it doesnt matter if you have pulled that character in the past because I got four Red Velvets in a row .

I should introduce your consecutive velvets to my consecutive blood drives. Thanks for replying Jaggie!

I think it is just random number generated chance. Even after getting a series of Parasouls marching out of relics, I have to remind myself that the human brain is always looking for patterns. So sometimes it may look suspicious, but it probably is just coincidence.

I'm pretty sure it's purely random chance. Though I personally wouldn't open two at once; I don't trust my luck to follow statistical averages anymore. This game is making me superstitious about RNG, I swear.

Move substats on the other hand... Has anyone else noticed that when upgrading a move multiple times really quickly it seems to have a higher chance to choose the same substat multiple times in a row? I've got a theo beam that I upgraded to lvl 9 all in one go and it's subs are 6% Spec Cd / 6% Crit Dmg / 21% Crit Rate. Maybe I'm just seeing patterns where there are none, but it feels odd to me. Great for building my Purrm though.

Just RNG, nothing more. Take it from a person with 7 Love Crafted, 6 Freeze Frame and 3 Stand Out pulls (sorry, I know that I complain about it too often, but it's just that kind of a thread)

Reactions: Art3mes and Qasr
Well, from my very first diamond relic, I got Heavy Handed, which is ok

At the second one, after a while completing the 1000 shards, guess what... Another Heavy Handed! (I have screenshots on my old phone just for the lol's)

At the third one, I didn't get another HH, but a Assassin's Greed, which I already have :c

In my experience, all my diamond relics were completely dupes :(

Reactions: Qasr
I'm pretty sure it's purely random chance. Though I personally wouldn't open two at once; I don't trust my luck to follow statistical averages anymore. This game is making me superstitious about RNG, I swear.

Move substats on the other hand... Has anyone else noticed that when upgrading a move multiple times really quickly it seems to have a higher chance to choose the same substat multiple times in a row? I've got a theo beam that I upgraded to lvl 9 all in one go and it's subs are 6% Spec Cd / 6% Crit Dmg / 21% Crit Rate. Maybe I'm just seeing patterns where there are none, but it feels odd to me. Great for building my Purrm though.
WHAT? EVEN THE MOVES' UPGRADING IS RNG?! I always thought upgrading moves are equally spread out... ;0;

Reactions: Qasr
Hi guys, thanks for all the replies. I guess It would have been less painful if it weren't a second X-bot, which i don't hate, btw, but still, its going to get converted.
I think it is just random number generated chance. Even after getting a series of Parasouls marching out of relics, I have to remind myself that the human brain is always looking for patterns. So sometimes it may look suspicious, but it probably is just coincidence.

Yeah, i'm pretty much convinced at this point that it's just rng. That said, i think i'll follow Lilira's example and not open diamond relics at the same time.

Happens to me to with the substats, the first two upgrades almost always affect the same one.
Just RNG, nothing more. Take it from a person with 7 Love Crafted, 6 Freeze Frame and 3 Stand Out pulls (sorry, I know that I complain about it too often, but it's just that kind of a thread)
Hey man, feel free to vent, i feel like its painful, no matter how good the dupes may be.
Well, from my very first diamond relic, I got Heavy Handed, which is ok

At the second one, after a while completing the 1000 shards, guess what... Another Heavy Handed! (I have screenshots on my old phone just for the lol's)

At the third one, I didn't get another HH, but a Assassin's Greed, which I already have :c

In my experience, all my diamond relics were completely dupes :(

I mean, I knew statistically that the more you have the more likely you'll get dupes. Which is why it hurts a bit more when it happens to you when your collection isnt that big yet.

Yeah, I'm feeling that pain right now. Just pulled my 3rd Neuro to go with my 3FF (3 of my first 6 Nat Dia were FF), 3 Flytraps and various other dupes - 13 dupes in total. I have only 17 of 34 Nat Dia variants so the disappointment when you grind and grind and still get nothing new is for me, huge. Nor are they ever shinies (I have one Nat Dia shiny).

That said I did pull a Dia Annie from the 250M Xmas event which was awesome and I still have to marquee both Val's, Dreamband, both Squiglies, Snakebite and Xbot so still loads to do with what I already have. Damn! Why am I even moaning - I'm not playing enough! :D

I guess I'm a bit greedy and always want more. **Hint, Diamond level moves and catalysts**, **a new Ultra or Diamond+ level for characters**, **Brand New characters** ;)

When all's said and done though this game still rocks and the Devs are officially awesome.

Thankfully the only diamond dupe I've ever pulled was not from a dia relic, though I know that day is fast approaching. That being said, to make myself feel better I usually save multiple. I know that's not for everyone, but you have a lower chance of being sad about dupes if you got a dupe AND someone new.

Reactions: Codlugarthia
you have a lower chance of being sad about dupes if you got a dupe AND someone new
Not my thing. Imagine pulling a dupe, then the same Dupe, and, to have a cherry on top, ANOTHER DUPE OF THE SAME FIGHTER! Welcome to my kingdom, we all suffer here :cool:

That never actually happened to me, but at some point I had 30+ Nat Dias, and only 8 or 9 different variants. Thank you, HVS devs, for giving us an option to break the Diamonds down!

One dupe diamond so far.
Dream Catcher

Forgetting about innumerous gold dupes:(