1. [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy
    Dismiss Notice

"DJINN FRIZZ" - Strategy and Discussion

Discussion in 'Filia' started by fanghoul, Sep 12, 2019.

1. fanghoul

fanghoul Well-Known Member

IMG_2084.jpg

DJINN FRIZZ FILIA
    Element:
    Fire
    Variant: Diamond
    Palette: Based on video game character Shantae, the half-genie

Signature Ability
    Three Wishes

Every 10 seconds gain 3 random BUFF(S) for 5 seconds.

33% chance when using a BLOCKBUSTER to convert 3 BUFF(S) into permanent ENRAGE.

(Credit to BallotBoxer for the formatting used here)

Triple-X, BallotBoxer and xcapibara like this.
  2. fanghoul

Okay, a quick review here, since I have her filled out to 9/10 keys:

Djinn Frizz does not appear to be the strongest character, but is a lot of fun in an unpredictable way. The 33% chance of converting to permanent enrages can mean going whole matches without having it activate, or that it will happen the first time you try it. It's a pretty good amount of damage when it activates, and the random buffs are useful even when they don't get converted. Randomly being Invincible or Immune has saved my butt a few times, and getting 5 seconds of Heavy Regen can be a godsend. It's not enough to make her truly and overwhelmingly *powerful* but it's a nice little feature that I enjoy a lot and which doesn't take any extra strategy to use.

Her SA seems like it'd be somewhat annoying when she's on defense, though not enough to really make her "top-tier". The real power of Invincibility and Final Stand debuffs is to make the timer run out in longer battles, and a 5 second buff that only might appear doesn't seem likely to make much difference. Still, with new buffs coming up every 10 seconds, it'll be easy to make a mistake and fire a BB3 or some other big blockbuster just as she suddenly became Invincible, and harder to keep up long combos on her as she might pick up Thorns or Unflinching.

If you have a lot of diamonds to choose from, she might not be the best first choice. But if you have just the one, she seems like she'll serve you decently on either offense or defense, so you shouldn't be afraid to invest in her.

500TheoniteSeriously and Dusty00 like this.
  3. Dusty00

Dusty00 Active Member

How is she compared to Class Cutter?

4. fanghoul

I don't have a Class Cutter (instead I have 4 Heavy Handeds!), but my impression is that Class Cutter is probably better both on defense and offense. On defense, I've found her an occasional but not frequent bother, what with the heavy bleed and the ability to break through blocks. On offense those two things seem like they'd both also be pretty useful.

Djinn Frizz is probably more goofy fun, what with suddenly going into "Turbo Mode" when all those stacks of enrage kick in, and the occasional exciting and timely combo of 5 second buffs, which *is* more my playstyle. But It'll probably cost me in the long run to have spent all those keys on her rather than a more utilitarian choice. (On the other hand, I pulled 4 Heavy Handeds nearly in a row, so it's not like I have a ton of other Nat. Diamond choices right now.)

500TheoniteSeriously likes this.
  5. Blimeylimey

Blimeylimey Member

Can she convert all buffs to permanent enrage? Like, if she has a Surgeon General support, can the heavy regen and immunity get converted?

6. fanghoul

Yes it can be any buff. It might also be the case that after she has 5 stacks she no longer removes buffs from herself, but it's a little hard to confirm a negative like that.

7. Dusty00

Dusty00 Active Member

Thanks for more insight on her. I don’t have her but have been reluctant to invest in class cutter.

Also have 3 heavy handed... just not going to open diamond relics until they do something about dupes.

fanghoul likes this.
  8. xcapibara

xcapibara Active Member

Djinn frizz hits really really hard, mine’s at level 49, and Im guessing her atk when maxed is gonna be upwards of 14k. Add good atk% move stats. Plus 3 or even 5 perma enrage stacks on top of that!

The buffs are quite helpful sometimes for survival purposes as her main drawback is her pitiful hp, but they also help on offense as you could get haste or enrage.

This character has also given me a chance to finally equip and use a widow’s peak bb with good stats that had been gathering dust in my collection as doing shorter combos with bb’s while the 3 buffs windows last becomes paramount to get the first enrages, but not absolutely necessary since her atk is already so good.

Giving her Atk% and meter gain makes her an atk monster.

Not sure about which marquee to put on her though, they both require maxing (which is 5000 skill points!) to have a better chance and neither works specifically for her: she doesn’t do bleeds through sa but only from moves, and her hp is very low so not a lot to be gained back from leech.

fanghoul and Dusty00 like this.
  9. fanghoul

You may be right, xcapibara, and she's actually stronger than I give her credit for. Mine is only level 38 right now. When I was testing some things in training mode she did manage to kick all the enemies there to death surprisingly fast even without bleeds. I can imagine that as I get her higher level her stats might get to the point where she's really impressive. I'm just not there yet.

I also finally got to fight a high level Djinn on defense, and while it wasn't a hard fight, it was really stressful. I knew if I didn't win in a small window that things could go bad very quickly with all those buffs popping up. Tagging her out resets her buff cycle though, so you can have up to another 10 seconds of her without buffs each time she tags in.

10. fanghoul

Yeah, the more I'm looking at this and playing and fighting her, the more it looks like I underestimated Djinn. I may go back and edit my initial review. It never even occurred to me to compare her attack stat to other diamonds, because Filia's don't have strong attack stats, but holy crap buckets, she's already one of the highest attack characters I have, and will probably be THE highest one I have soon, and that's before the permanent enrages like xcapibara said.

I've tried using her in a few 30-40 streak prize fights now and she's surprisingly effective even then. Debuffs and particularly bleeds are still king, but there's times when that's not an option, so she definitely has a good niche to fill there.

On defense, having fought a couple more high level Djinns, she's still a little random. Often not a problem, but has annoying moments. Having fought a max level Djinn on the boss node though, with the Great Escape catalyst to help her escape combos? It's a really a bad situation. I think I would prefer to fight Bioexorcist, if only because she's at least predictable and not randomly unflinching or invincible or immortal or reflecting my damage back in the middle of the highest stakes fight in the game.

#10 fanghoul, Sep 25, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
    500TheoniteSeriously likes this.
  11. Dusty00

Dusty00 Active Member

Krisman has a very high level one in rift and her damage is so high it’s not even funny! Hopefully I can pull one some day.

fanghoul likes this.