• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Bug - Crash Game freezing after fights

TonyPartridge30

Reaction score
iPhone 6s
iOS 11.0.1
Game version 1.5.0

Recently, my game has been freezing completely after just a couple fights in any area (PF, story, Daily). Sometimes this occurs after the rewards/progress bar shows up post-fight, sometimes it happens after returning to the home screen. In all cases, the game is completely unresponsive and the only recourse is to force quit the app. It's really turned me off from playing the game as much as I used to. I hope game stability can be addressed soon with a 1.5.1 patch or something.

We hear you, and we're sorry for any recent stability issues you are running into to.

Were you noticing performance issues prior to the last update?
We've made changes for our next version to hopefully fix some of the performance issues that crept up as of 1.5.0.

When you say the game freezes, can you provide some examples of what happens during the freeze?
(Can you hear music? Does anything still animate?)
Most issues that have been reported recently will mention that their game immediately crashes to the home screen and they have to relaunch the app.

For your issues, does the game freeze and not kick you out immediately?

We hear you, and we're sorry for any recent stability issues you are running into to.

Were you noticing performance issues prior to the last update?
We've made changes for our next version to hopefully fix some of the performance issues that crept up as of 1.5.0.

When you say the game freezes, can you provide some examples of what happens during the freeze?
(Can you hear music? Does anything still animate?)
Most issues that have been reported recently will mention that their game immediately crashes to the home screen and they have to relaunch the app.

For your issues, does the game freeze and not kick you out immediately?
Thanks for the reply. I was not noticing this issue before update 1.5.0
When I say the game freezes, I mean no input registers on the screen I'm on. I don't usually play with the volume up so I can't recall whether music was playing. The freezes for me tend to happen on the post-fight progress/reward screen or the home screen, so animation wouldn't be happening anyway.
I don't know about getting kicked to the home screen; can't recall if that's what happened. The app has never crashed completely for me; that is, it has never quit of its own accord. I have to manually force quit the app when the freezes occur.

Reactions: ThanatosDK
iPhone 6s, iOS 9.35

I'm having the same issue. It happens one of three ways: stuck in unlimited pre-fight load screen, or post-fight screen dims and results screen shows up but the Continue button doesn't show or the screen dims with no results screen. Both ways do not allow any input and the later makes me lose my PF streak.

Sound is playing in both instances and character animations (like Eliza's Sehkmet twitching) continue looping. Music also continues.

It happens to me the most when my win will lead towards completing a milestone or increasing my multiplier in Pf. I've noticed it with Eliza, Beowulf and cerebella so it is most likely not character specific.

I've had this happen while on a cellular network and on a wifi network independently.

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.35

I'm having the same issue. It happens one of three ways: stuck in unlimited pre-fight load screen, or post-fight screen dims and results screen shows up but the Continue button doesn't show or the screen dims with no results screen. Both ways do not allow any input and the later makes me lose my PF streak.

Sound is playing in both instances and character animations (like Eliza's Sehkmet twitching) continue looping. Music also continues.

It happens to me the most when my win will lead towards completing a milestone or increasing my multiplier in Pf. I've noticed it with Eliza, Beowulf and cerebella so it is most likely not character specific.

I've had this happen while on a cellular network and on a wifi network independently.

I have the same issue and it's getting worse :3
In the medici fight today, basically the game ends and there is no continue button. Happens about 1 out of every 2 fights :3 :3 :3. Having no continue button is really strange ..sigh.

Update: played the game for the first time in awhile today. Started out with some prize fights. Everything went fine for like 3 fights; no freezing. Then I switched to Story missions; those also worked fine for like 3 different fights. Went back to PF for a fight and no problems.

Finally I tried going into the Daily Event. As soon as I went into the Expert list, I couldn’t select the first fight node (or any fight nodes). I backed out to home menu and tried again; still nothing. Backed out to home menu again, and then tried to go back to Story missions; game froze when I hit the Story button, screen background darkened and Molly appeared on the right of the screen, like the game was beginning the transition to the Story menu, but the game froze midway and became totally unresponsive.

@TonyPartridge30
We've made some significant changes in 1.6.0 to help improve performance and stability which should hopefully minimize some of these issues.
Please let us know if you run into performance issues after the update arrives, perhaps in a new thread.

Finally I tried going into the Daily Event. As soon as I went into the Expert list, I couldn’t select the first fight node (or any fight nodes). I backed out to home menu and tried again; still nothing.
This bug should hopefully be squashed for 1.6.0!
If you come across it again after the next update drops, please let us know.

the game ends and there is no continue button. Happens about 1 out of every 2 fights
Thanks for the report, we're aware of this issue and hoping to squeeze in a fix for 1.6.0, it's a tricky one!

Reactions: TonyPartridge30