• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Characters Heavy Handed Rework

Thesmellofman

Reaction score
AD_4nXd64hwyMVc1rcBrcRsgzfOeTGJE-_1WKjzgZpV3ZYtMULM984sfuRYcIA25pnTq8N_K8r35OIi422-WCvI-8hQRT4nnVcFh8dXtTJly6_tZCGNFsGwTUWve0t-xUpcKHYTh8OhuS5K_y88dQzZnqDT-FwDj

OLD (SM1)
Gain ENRAGE every 0.3/0.2/0.1 seconds while charging a CHARGE ATTACK. ENRAGE is removed after the next HIT.
OLD (SM2)
While reaching 5 stacks of ENRAGE, gain UNFLINCHING for 5/7/10 seconds. UNFLINCHING is removed after the next HIT.

NEW (SM1)
Gain ENRAGE upon landing a critical hit. ENRAGE lasts for 6/7/8 seconds. While enraged, there is a 30% chance to inflict DEATH MARK on your next attack. DEATH MARK lasts for 4 seconds.
NEW (SM2)
When reaching below 30% Hit points, gain HEAVY REGEN for 10/11/12 seconds and UNFLINCHING for 4/5/6 seconds.

"This variant's color palette is inspired by the ‘Heavy' from Team Fortress 2. In the game, the Heavy is a tanky class and in the game there is a unique mechanic called 'Random Crits,' which gives a chance to significantly increase bullet or melee damage, often resulting in an instant kill. It makes sense to incorporate this feature into this Cerebella variant by granting her increased damage when she lands a critical hit. The addition of the Death Mark further enhances her threat level, evoking the chaotic feel of TF2’s random crits dealing massive damage.

My idea is to elevate this low-tier diamond fighter to A or S-tier by incorporating some TF2 mechanics into the variant. In TF2, the Heavy fully regenerates health by eating a 'Sandvich,' so I applied a similar mechanic to this variant, allowing her to recover health when her HP drops below 30%."

This version I feel is more structured and polished and gives it that TF2 feel.

Last edited:
Reactions: SvenZ and Diony
AD_4nXd64hwyMVc1rcBrcRsgzfOeTGJE-_1WKjzgZpV3ZYtMULM984sfuRYcIA25pnTq8N_K8r35OIi422-WCvI-8hQRT4nnVcFh8dXtTJly6_tZCGNFsGwTUWve0t-xUpcKHYTh8OhuS5K_y88dQzZnqDT-FwDj

OLD (SM1)
Gain ENRAGE every 0.3/0.2/0.1 seconds while charging a CHARGE ATTACK. ENRAGE is removed after the next HIT.
OLD (SM2)
While reaching 5 stacks of ENRAGE, gain UNFLINCHING for 5/7/10 seconds. UNFLINCHING is removed after the next HIT.

NEW (SM1)
Gain ENRAGE upon landing a critical hit. ENRAGE lasts for 8 seconds. While enraged, there is a 30% chance to inflict DEATH MARK on your next attack. DEATH MARK lasts for 4 seconds.
NEW (SM2)
When reaching below 30% Hit points, gain HEAVY REGEN for 12 seconds and UNFLINCHING for 6 seconds.

"This variant's color palette is inspired by the ‘Heavy' from Team Fortress 2. In the game, the Heavy is a tanky class and in the game there is a unique mechanic called 'Random Crits,' which gives a chance to significantly increase bullet or melee damage, often resulting in an instant kill. It makes sense to incorporate this feature into this Cerebella variant by granting her increased damage when she lands a critical hit. The addition of the Death Mark further enhances her threat level, evoking the chaotic feel of TF2’s random crits dealing massive damage.

My idea is to elevate this low-tier diamond fighter to A or S-tier by incorporating some TF2 mechanics into the variant. In TF2, the Heavy fully regenerates health by eating a 'Sandvich,' so I applied a similar mechanic to this variant, allowing her to recover health when her HP drops below 30%."

This will make her lose her original form and become a completely different fighter! Imo her charge attack-based tactics have shaped her for many years, so I hope devs will not completely erase them. Here’s my suggestion.

Heavy Handed🔴
Sig1 - Gain ENRAGE every 0.3/0.2/0.1 seconds while charging CHARGE ATTACK. ENRAGE will removed after next hit. Gain 1 stack of PRECISION whenever you gain ENRAGE.

Sig2 - When reaching 5 stacks of ENRAGE, gain UNFLINCHING for 6/7/8 seconds. Also, while benefiting from UNFLINCHING, gain permanent DEADEYE.

- I’ve added precision stacks to sig1. With this change, you still have chance to land precision finish by strong single-hit moves when fails to kill opponent by charge attack. Charges give you additional stacks anytime, so if the opponent shows an opening, charge them quickly to land “Heavy” precision hits!

- Unflinching will not disappear after the next hit, and also gain deadeye to go with it. These abilities can be used in a similar way to Hex Caliber, and allows her to safely and aggressively attack with precision. It will definitely further expanding her role as an annoying defender killer! Using with Evergreen would also be a good option to make her shine more!

- To make it less OP, unflinching duration has been slightly reduced. But that doesn't change the fact that it will be much easier to use than ever before!!✨

Last edited:

OLD (SM1)
OLD (SM2)

NEW (SM1)
Gain ENRAGE upon landing a critical hit. ENRAGE lasts for 8 seconds. While enraged, there is a 30% chance to inflict DEATH MARK on your next attack. DEATH MARK lasts for 4 seconds.
NEW (SM2)
When reaching below 30% Hit points, gain HEAVY REGEN for 12 seconds and UNFLINCHING for 6 seconds.

I never actually stopped to consider the reference and how it can inspire to improve the variant. You rework encourages the use of Bella's multi-hit attacks in order to stack up Enrages fast, hence the Heavy's minigun weapon of choice. I really like that!

SA1 apart from some value adjustments looks pretty good to me.

I know there are people who don't like the use of taunts or specific moves in order to trigger effects, but imo having her Taunt be tied to SA2's effect would be better for the reference. For example:

New SA2:
On taunt also gain Regen for 10/12/15 seconds and 1 second of INVINSIBLE per stack of ENRAGE on Cerebella.

This works as both a reference to the Heavy's sandwich and as the core target for the Uber Charge which grants invisibility. Gameplay wise, it may open the door for some gimmicky 2-3 Taunt builds, with Harley support. But I think that's more than fine

Aoskull said:
This will make her lose her original form and become a completely different fighter! Imo her charge attack-based tactics have shaped her for many years, so I hope devs will not completely erase them.
I think that's completely fine. The gimmick can be re-used for a future Bella which will thematically fit more. Given how unpopular she is, I doubt anyone is going to really miss it. Considering the potential of what her rework can be. Heavy from TF2 is a durable mini-gun wielding dude that heals himself by eating sandwiches. Nothing from Heavy Handed's current kit really represent that.

I think OP is on the right track with this one

Last edited:
Reactions: Thesmellofman
This will make her lose her original form and become a completely different fighter! Imo her charge attack-based tactics have shaped her for many years, so I hope devs will not completely erase them. Here’s my suggestion.

Heavy Handed🔴
Sig1 - Gain ENRAGE every 0.3/0.2/0.1 seconds while charging CHARGE ATTACK. ENRAGE will removed after next hit. Gain 1 stack of PRECISION whenever you gain ENRAGE.

Sig2 - When reaching 5 stacks of ENRAGE, gain UNFLINCHING for 6/7/8 seconds. Also, while benefiting from UNFLINCHING, gain permanent DEADEYE.

- I’ve added precision stacks to sig1. With this change, you still have chance to land precision finish by strong single-hit moves when fails to kill opponent by charge attack. Charges give you additional stacks anytime, so if the opponent shows an opening, charge them quickly to land “Heavy” precision hits!

- Unflinching will not disappear after the next hit, and also gain deadeye to go with it. These abilities can be used in a similar way to Hex Caliber, and allows her to safely and aggressively attack with precision. It will definitely further expanding her role as an annoying defender killer! Using with Evergreen would also be a good option to make her shine more!

- To make it less OP, unflinching duration has been slightly reduced. But that doesn't change the fact that it will be much easier to use than ever before!!✨
Her original form is the reason why she isn't good at the moment. I like your idea, but it doesn't give the feeling of playing as the 'Heavy' from TF2. Charge attacks I feel like are rarely used and its certain situations, I personally never use charged attacks and when I do its rare. But everyone is different that's just my opinion. I do really like the idea of gaining 1 stack of precision when enraged. But losing the enrage after one attack is very bad for a diamond variant. My idea was to make this variant more fun and jump into the action instead of waiting for the action to start.

Her original form is the reason why she isn't good at the moment. I like your idea, but it doesn't give the feeling of playing as the 'Heavy' from TF2. Charge attacks I feel like are rarely used and its certain situations, I personally never use charged attacks and when I do its rare. But everyone is different that's just my opinion. I do really like the idea of gaining 1 stack of precision when enraged. But losing the enrage after one attack is very bad for a diamond variant. My idea was to make this variant more fun and jump into the action instead of waiting for the action to start.
It really depends on the character and opponent you're facing. Bella's charge attack causes a knockdown which causes people generally to avoid it. And again, I completely agree that thematically it doesn't fit her reference at all. The closest thing to a charge attack in TF2 would be the Sniper class. The complete opposite of the heavy

I never actually stopped to consider the reference and how it can inspire to improve the variant. You rework encourages the use of Bella's multi-hit attacks in order to stack up Enrages fast, hence the Heavy's minigun weapon of choice. I really like that!

SA1 apart from some value adjustments looks pretty good to me.

I know there are people who don't like the use of taunts or specific moves in order to trigger effects, but imo having her Taunt be tied to SA2's effect would be better for the reference. For example:

New SA2:
On taunt also gain Regen for 10/12/15 seconds and 1 second of INVINSIBLE per stack of ENRAGE on Cerebella.

This works as both a reference to the Heavy's sandwich and as the core target for the Uber Charge which grants invisibility. Gameplay wise, it may open the door for some gimmicky 2-3 Taunt builds, with Harley support. But I think that's more than fine

I think that's completely fine. The gimmick can be re-used for a future Bella which will thematically fit more. Given how unpopular she is, I doubt anyone is going to really miss it. Considering the potential of what her rework can be. Heavy from TF2 is a durable mini-gun wielding dude that heals himself by eating sandwiches. Nothing from Heavy Handed's current kit really represent that.

I think OP is on the right track with this one.

I actually like that idea, Valve loves their TF2 taunts.

I don't know much about the reference, so tbh I don't care about it. Personally, I don't think it's necessary to match not only the color of each fighter but also their abilities to the reference. But of course this is just an opinion, I won't say anymore.
Well, see ya!

I don't like the complete rework of her kit, and I don't think this change would make her an A or S-tier character either. She would still be the worst Cerebella diamond. If your only concern was that you thought her current kit had nothing to do with the reference, I would understand, but to think she would be better this way? No.

Her SA1 is pretty much the same with Sheltered SA2, what she got over her is that this version's enrage a second longer and she has a semi-random death mark with 4 seconds. While death mark alone and her base ATK gives her a big boost in terms of damage, giving it a relatively low chance to activate with such a low duration considering Cerebella's combo potentail doesn't seem good to me.

Her SA2 would be one of the weakest safety nets in the game. You can check Big Top and Raw Nerv for better safety net applications.

Also fundamentally, she has lots of grabs, some of her moves doesn't do crit at all (including her BB3s) she doesn't incentivize you to build crit it would be mostly a waste considering her kit. But I could imagine she doing a ton of damage with her Diamond's are Forever, but I would rather a precision hit instead of going crit on her. This is just what I think tho, it is fine making characters do unorthodox builds, I would consider a new build if the variant is worth it.

At the end, we would get another Cerebella with big damage and nothing else.

Reactions: SvenZ
I don't like the complete rework of her kit, and I don't think this change would make her an A or S-tier character either. She would still be the worst Cerebella diamond. If your only concern was that you thought her current kit had nothing to do with the reference, I would understand, but to think she would be better this way? No.

Her SA1 is pretty much the same with Sheltered SA2, what she got over her is that this version's enrage a second longer and she has a semi-random death mark with 4 seconds. While death mark alone and her base ATK gives her a big boost in terms of damage, giving it a relatively low chance to activate with such a low duration considering Cerebella's combo potentail doesn't seem good to me.

Her SA2 would be one of the weakest safety nets in the game. You can check Big Top and Raw Nerv for better safety net applications.

Also fundamentally, she has lots of grabs, some of her moves doesn't do crit at all (including her BB3s) she doesn't incentivize you to build crit it would be mostly a waste considering her kit. But I could imagine she doing a ton of damage with her Diamond's are Forever, but I would rather a precision hit instead of going crit on her. This is just what I think tho, it is fine making characters do unorthodox builds, I would consider a new build if the variant is worth it.

At the end, we would get another Cerebella with big damage and nothing else.
I absolutely forgot about Sheltered. Your argument for crits is also completely fair. I think on Hit mechanic would still be good for her, but the currently proposed approach must be altered