• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

How far can one get without in-app purchases?

Kokonut

Reaction score
I've been grinding at Prize Fights and watching YouTube vids these last couple weeks and first off I want to say- You Guys Are Gooood. But I'm curious, how many of you serious players got to where you are with no in-app purchases?

I've been playing for a bit over two months, and I haven't yet felt compelled to spend money since I have precedent of losing intetest and deleting this game once before. (And honestly because I can't really afford to) Could I see myself being able to, say, I dunno, get most of the good golds and max out on them without buying relics and theonites?

I only bought in-app purchases as a thank you to the devs. I've put god knows how much time into the app, so I wanted to give something back. I have never felt the need to actually use in-app purchases to progress with the game.

Reactions: Psyche
I've made one purchase since I started playing back in I think november 2017- the purchase was in support of the split from LINE skullgirls into the version we have today. Other than that, the daily goal drops and theonites from leveling up has been sufficient enough for me to continue enjoying this game without the 'need' to drop real coin.

With that, I'll be patient and enjoy the surprise of receiving a rare GET! *cross fingers for Last Hope Valentine and Surgeon General Valentine*

Reactions: Psyche
I know I'm not the best example, but I really only bought one 5 dollar pack(when we switched over to 2.0 as a thanks), but I think I made cool progress.
https://m.imgur.com/k6whrnv
I went on for around a year playing this game with only my Parasite Weave, took a 3 or 4 month break, played some before 2.0 and then once 2.0 came out I got all my other golds within 2 weeks. Three of those golds were in a day. Soooo my point is maybe rng is better? Maybe I was just super unlucky? I'm progressing much faster now with these guys though.
I've also got 42 different relics saved up for when a new character comes out.
If you grinded the game more(or got higher streaks than my average 15 in gold D: ) then you could probs have made it a lot farther than me.

I've been grinding at Prize Fights and watching YouTube vids these last couple weeks and first off I want to say- You Guys Are Gooood. But I'm curious, how many of you serious players got to where you are with no in-app purchases?
I think most of the folks in here hit the nail on the head!
Most of our dedicated high level players got to where they were without any In App Purchases.

From the very beginning of development, our goal has been to provide a satisfying mobile experience for anyone who picks up the game to try it, especially those who don't use IAP's.
The main game experience has been designed around the players who do not spend money on the app.

As much, we hope you find no issues continuing as a completely free to play player!

I'm a level 47 who routinely makes top 10% in pfs when i put in the time, i have about 12(?) golds, and i haven't spent a cent in the game thus far (cause i can't). When I'm able to I'll probably buy some stuff to say thank you though. That nice thing about this game is that with enough dedication and effort, you can make it to the top without feeling like you're being forced to pay to get ahead, which is probably why i've been playing so long.

I should probably start by saying I'm an extreme penny pincher. With that in mind, I've refused to spend a cent on any mobile game. To me, the ideal mobile game is one where you can get just as far as someone who purchased everything, but it takes you longer. To me, therein lies the joy because it makes the game last so much longer! I had a game I played for 3 1/2 straight years that was like that and I loved it dearly. This game is very similar and runs the same dynamic. That being said, it depends on your level of patience but if you find yourself the type who gets bored easily, I'd try to make the game last for as long as you can!

Reactions: TRIX and Psyche

I've been playing for a bit over two months, and I haven't yet felt compelled to spend money since I have precedent of losing intetest and deleting this game once before. (And honestly because I can't really afford to) Could I see myself being able to, say, I dunno, get most of the good golds and max out on them without buying relics and theonites?
You really don't need to pay at all, and still have the same experience, SGM is very mobile frienly and doesn't forcibly limit your enjoyment if you're playing it free, if you pay you just get a boost. But not a drastic Change where the game suddenly gets easier or accessible, it's your choice if you'd like to buy something, which is how it should be. I personally have payed around $45 in total but my main reason was to support the hard working developers.

Reactions: Liam