• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Fights Increase end game sources of exp

Do we need another source of repeatable exp that is not PF and uses yellow energy?

• Yes

Votes: 21 87.5%
  • No

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ThanatosDK

Reaction score
After playing for nearly a month I've noticed one large issue: exp is extremely limited and yellow energy stays capped most of the day. Currently for leveling a character we have 2 ways: Prize Fights and Event Fights.

Event fight exp only last 13 matches which makes it a weak source of exp, plus many of the matches are for characters between 1-1.5k FP making them useless for silver characters past level 20 and useless for gold character around level 10 because we want to fight at an FP disadvantage as often as possible.

Prize fights, while infinitely repeatable if you have enough resources, will only give the most exp once you've obtained a high enough score multiplier.

The issue with this is you must risk your multiplier to carry a character, which is great in a risk vs. reward gameplay method but there should be other methods of exp gain that do not risk multiplier destruction.

Losing a x5 multiple streak because you need(the only real source of exp right now so "need" should be the right word) to carry a lower level character to properly level them is demoralizing.

I can only speak for myself and from the anecdotes I've read on the forums but the consensus is, with exception of a few, is that losing a large multiplier sucks. When I do a prize fight I want to feel like nothing was wasted because of the team I selected.

If you pick a team of your best units and 3-0 the ai with one character it feels like you've wasted the other two slots because you could've put carries in them. Other times you decide to do a carry on a x5 multiplier, your one top unit gets bodied and it feels like you wasted your time building your streak because of this dilemma of deciding between exp or ranking.

From a user experience standpoint: players shouldn't need to decide between earning card exp or ranking.

As a result of this issue I suggest to the devs to add a match mode that gives non-reduced exp, uses yellow energy and is not limited in match count. Yellow energy is underutilized in end-game except for use on Daily Event/Missions so it would be nice to have a use for this resource.

What do you think about adding another method of exp gain?
Do you agree or disagree with the need for it?
Do you agree that we need it but think my reasoning is off?
Do you disagree and think PF should be the only method of exp gain? Why?

I'd enjoy seeing other players views on this idea.
Let's get a discussion going on this.

Last edited:
I agree. Since Daily Events are character-based, maybe a similar format to PFs but instead of 3v3 it could be 1v1 and limited to that day's character.

Doesn't even need to be rewards or anything, other than exp. Just having a way to utilize all that YE laying around would be nice.

Reactions: ThanatosDK
I'd be happy with exp and an amount of coin on a separate calculation scaling with enemies similar to exp.
Something like:
(opponents combined level*10)+(opponent's FP*.05)? Just throwing numbers out there.
Or coin could be the standard 600 a match regardless of opponents faced.

Right now I only ever open SGM to do some PF, Daily Missions and Daily Events. It kills about 7 hours a week. I would love a mode where I can just level characters stress free that isn't hindering my exp gain.

Yeah I only do Advanced level Daily anymore and spam PFs as much as possible. It sucks losing a streak but once you've hit all the milestones it's kinda whatever at that point anyway because I'm not touching the top spots. Losing the streak is like the "ok now I can REALLY put the lowbies in" signal.

In any case, it's still pretty limited and pretty slow to get characters up end game and bringing back that Quick Fight option with yellow energy would be amazing and make me play much more. That's the quick fix and repeatable that would make things a lot better, but I also wish there was a 4th difficulty level for story and dailies that was more on par with how high the power levels actually get. It doesn't take very long till you're able to wipe out "Advanced" level AI in a few hits.

Honestly, yeah. I would definitely love to have PFs give little increments of gold. Even if it's 500 a win, it's worth it.

It could just be an endless "Story chapter" that basically works like Prize Fights where you build a streak against constantly stronger opponents until you drop a streak. There's no Prize Fight ranking reward needed (though it'd be nice) but you still pick from one of three generated teams and use your yellow energy. Also yeah, getting even a piddly amount of gold per-fight would be nice.

"players shouldn't need to decide between earning card exp or ranking."
I disagree because that's the thrill and excitement
"Oh should I carry on with my best team or should I send one lower character"
if you succeed the reward it's instant, you see your character gain lots of xp, leveling up, and it feels a hard fight and a risk pays off. Instead if you level up without risk, it takes away seeing your fighters like "man, I have worked hard for this"

If you loose the streak it's awful, but it's that same feeling of not wanting to loose that gives you emotions and puts you, the player, to care about the fight because as you say, it gets pretty boring winning to the AI in 3 hits.

Other methods would be good but I like the idea that PF should stay the method for high levels of XP because of the reward-effort system

(Sorry the bad English)

Reactions: BambooEarpick
Other methods would be good but I like the idea that PF should stay the method for high levels of XP because of the reward-effort system
I understand what you mean, my suggestion isn't to make a mode that gives better exp or even equal exp to PF at x5 score multiplier. It's to create an additional mode comparable to exp you would earn at a 1-2.5 multiplier that uses yellow exp. The main idea is to have another route to take to level characters rather than having to do carrys to avoid exp penalty. PF being the best source is something I do not mind occurring since it uses it's own dedicated energy.

Also yeah, getting even a piddly amount of gold per-fight would be nice.
The gold shortage is real. Daily 30k isn't cutting it. I've resorted to spamming the easiest advance event fight in hopes of a trash gold move drop.

Last edited:
What do you think about adding another method of exp gain?
Do you agree or disagree with the need for it?
Do you agree that we need it but think my reasoning is off?
Do you disagree and think PF should be the only method of exp gain? Why?

I'd enjoy seeing other players views on this idea.
Let's get a discussion going on this.

Q1: Yes, I want to see another method of gaining XP, preferably using yellow energy.
Q2: I agree, since the thrill of getting new characters is starting to wear off since I have most of them and I am now struggling to earn XP for them all.
Q3: Not in the slightest. Endgame is rewarding as long as it's not a long grind. It's starting to feel that way for me and games the become too grindy, I end up losing interest in and move on to another game.
Q4: No, PFs should be for ranking up the leader board for cool prizes. While it's the current method for gaining XP, it shouldn't be the only one.

I'm not sure how much higher at endgame the difference is between us, but the struggle for XP and Gold is real where I'm at.

Here's my recommendation:

Get rid of the weekend Medici Mafia event and replace it with the following:
1. A new daily event
2. Uses yellow energy
3. Has a limited number of nodes in a straight line (like 20) and you move to the next one whether you win or lose.
4. Scales based on your team like PFs and scale difference increases per advanced node you win at.
5. The reward after clearing all 20 nodes will be Gold and XP.
6. The amount of Gold and XP you earn will be scaled based on the number of wins you earned (out of 20) and the FS used for the wins.

So if you get 5 wins out of 20, you'll get some XP & Gold with the amount scaled and relative to what may be needed to the FS used.
If you get 17 out of 20 wins, you'll get a much more larger XP & Gold bonus.

This alleviates the problem of wasted yellow energy, a different method to get scaled gold and XP for characters that doesn't involve a win streak, scales difficulty for end game players, and encourages you to use your better characters instead of low-balling 2 and using 1 super character.

Get rid of the weekend Medici Mafia event and replace it with the following:
1. A new daily event
2. Uses yellow energy
3. Has a limited number of nodes in a straight line (like 20) and you move to the next one whether you win or lose.
4. Scales based on your team like PFs and scale difference increases per advanced node you win at.
5. The reward after clearing all 20 nodes will be Gold and XP.
6. The amount of Gold and XP you earn will be scaled based on the number of wins you earned (out of 20) and the FS used for the wins.

This alleviates the problem of wasted yellow energy, a different method to get scaled gold and XP for characters that doesn't involve a win streak, scales difficulty for end game players, and encourages you to use your better characters instead of low-balling 2 and using 1 super character.

This sounds like a lot of coding for what could be solved much easier, like the return of the Quick Fight mode. Medici Mafia is also good BECAUSE it uses blue energy, we just need a repeatable mode for using yellow energy. The thing you described would be completed and then you're stuck with yellow energy still after you're done.

Low balling 1 or 2 characters is done a lot of the time to force an underdog bonus for even more exp so I'm not sure anything added for the purposes of grinding would or should force people to to use only their best. If they add some kind of "world boss" or something like some other games have that would be when you bring your best.

They should just simply remove the exp reduction for completed story mode stages, 'cause I'm having a really hard time just levelling my gold big band, and PFs alone just don't cut it, sure, people can exp farm, but without it, it's taken me since the release of this game to fully level a BRONZE "Scrub" Valentine, I don't see how I'm going to level up my "Epic sax" Big band, since it probably won't even be fully levelled by completing EVERY SINGLE remaining story mode stage...

I ACTUALLY have NO clue how I'm going to level up gold fighters after big band, since there simply won't be enough exp to go around. It's JUST adding tedium to the game, and that's gonna turn off people FAST once they realize how slow the game is once story mode is completed...

Another thing, it would be great if a fighter that is at max level participates in a fight, all experience it WOULD gain, instead gets evenly distributed amongst the other non-max-levelled fighters, that probably won't happen though...

Yeah I literally just finished Ascent Expert 100% and i'm already realizing that it's gonna be slow going from here.

Again, we need an endlessly repeatable"story" map tree to play on that just rolls random fights of a certain power level.

I started the game about two weeks ago, and by sheer luck I drew a gold primed parasoul early on when trying to 100% the Ascent Basic mode. I've been spamming the parasoul in every PF and story mode to gain exp, and now that i'm almost 100% done with Expert Ascent, it's only level 25. There definitely isn't enough exp to fully level a gold just through story mode, I expect that it will take quite a long time just to fully level a gold to 50 grinding the PF and events.

Yeah I literally just finished Ascent Expert 100% and i'm already realizing that it's gonna be slow going from here.

I started the game about two weeks ago, and by sheer luck I drew a gold primed parasoul early on when trying to 100% the Ascent Basic mode. I've been spamming the parasoul in every PF and story mode to gain exp, and now that i'm almost 100% done with Expert Ascent, it's only level 25. There definitely isn't enough exp to fully level a gold just through story mode, I expect that it will take quite a long time just to fully level a gold to 50 grinding the PF and events.

Really, I think they need to reduce the amount of experience it takes to level gold fighters, GRANTED they are AMAZING characters which should be difficult to max out, but it took me OVER 20 PFs and several expert difficulty levels to level up my gold Big band ONCE, whereas it only takes 4-5 PFs to level up a SILVER fighter once...

If there's ANYTHING that requires that much exp to level up, it's sorta REQUIRED to have more experience sources to pull from...

Really, I think they need to reduce the amount of experience it takes to level gold fighters, GRANTED they are AMAZING characters which should be difficult to max out, but it took me OVER 20 PFs and several expert difficulty levels to level up my gold Big band ONCE, whereas it only takes 4-5 PFs to level up a SILVER fighter once...

I notice at x5 multiplier that all of the teams were actual players teams of 25k+ usually being the same 4-5 players. It makes me think that early access players had enough exp available to them to be able to reach that high of FP.

Remember, they had a few months of an abundance of exp. Release day players have had one month of severely stunted exp.

If PFG only generates teams from actual players or bad strawmen Aeon teams then maybe we weren't meant to face such beefy teams in our multiplier. PFG would've been more balanced for players too if we were all meant to start on equal ground. Because then the multiplier would almost always pick a team of an FP closer to your own or a generated random team that is way easier than a player made team of the same FP. Unfortunate to play on the actual release day.

Last edited:
I think leveling through PF isn't terrible. I started on hard launch, and while I don't have a max level gold yet I don't think it's REALLY bad.

But I do think there should be a use for yellow energy since I've also completed story. And, sometimes, I just want to play the game! You know, against other strong teams. Just for fun! Because the gameplay is actually good and fun and nice.