• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

INTRODUCING: ANNIE OF THE STARS!

MightyZug

Game Director
Hidden Variable Dev
Reaction score
Website
www.hiddenvariable.com
THE TIME HAS COME.

Behold - the latest addition to Skullgirls… Annie of the Stars!

eWQSekrTeFvKXluS8eregh3IbF_ZLgiI_RpA8_jmx5RuiWIfm6KRchJoHaJxLuSxssYgkKO1ZRwLwrI5Ef6WAJgqWzSEq9-qD2a2fMn13vSRgyzp2JnYN2-IqB_WWuNCCq0YGUea

Cursed by the Skull Heart to never grow up, Annie has been alive for centuries. Over that time, she’s made it her personal quest to stop the Skull Heart once and for all. To that end, she has acquired numerous skills and items, including her remote parasite, Sagan. Even performing on television works to further her goals as she hopes to educate the world about the dangers of the Skull Heart.

Fiercer than she looks, bravest in the cosmos, she is ANNIE OF THE STARS!

Annie Announcement Trailer

The Stars and Stage are Set!
Also introducing a brand new track from Vincent Diamante - The Stars and Stage are Set!

Download the MP3 for FREE!

Sound Stage 15
Welcome to Sound Stage 15 at Meridian Studios, where Annie of the Stars is being filmed as we speak! Shhh!

aZJaPvwH6zCJjWrxNBRFKal-GqHQJy9e8NZVZeulXgtzWLAbzqxTn5KUdoU11qmkKCd0ocz_Lvqpjxgy5eIkwSRXwCmfZgOWuq_GahHihjv_l0scYk4Ba2QS3aaZEnWN6-1SIDHa

OFFICIAL ANNIE FAQ
I'm sure you all have a few questions. Have no fear, a FAQ is here!

OMG WHEN? WHEN?! WHENNNN?!!
Although we don’t have a formal release date, you can expect Annie to arrive in the upcoming 4.4 update for Skullgirls within the next couple of months!

HOW DO GET ANNIE ONCE SHE BECOMES AVAILABLE?
While we don’t have full details to share just yet, it will be similar to the approach used for Fukua’s launch back in 4.2.

A1j2_YTySwSiyL-rXR_7waVtMvmEvB8gBhSveeHWqhhWDo9sMKEsPuhuPWPqR6WnPnN2OZ27owlmNRqK9jfYA50ptCF7nehrtixWdKl7ulLZavFoi1cYh-uZVkk75E24zkoblTlK

HOW IS THIS EVEN POSSIBLE?!
As we’ve mentioned in earlier posts, we’ve been working towards this goal for a long time. With the successful launch of Fukua, all of us (Hidden Variable, Autumn, and Lab Zero) felt the time and circumstances were right to dive into a new character!

AND... SHE’S COMING TO 2ND ENCORE ALSO?
She is indeed! Mark your calendars for early 2021.

Skullgirls Mobile wouldn’t have been able to succeed without the tireless support of the Skullgirls community as a whole. We’re excited to be able to have this opportunity to not only continue to support the mobile game with new characters, but also give back to the Skullgirls community as a whole! ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Tzna_jJvZNBI6OjAJMVHeGUUQHNxeeUF_IFVO57q8ewuYzbGRllfF0BUDd-bBP7hwUZfJ6yaP2PfTt3dEDeueCjitYs8t_ZMoRnLBBVq43AD8fiVEvkSIJa2hkubxj8_bzglybx4

WAS LAB ZERO INVOLVED IN HER CREATION?
Absolutely! All of us at Hidden Variable collaborated closely with the whole team at Lab Zero to help make Annie a reality. While we went into this process knowing that her mobile release was top priority, we also went out of our way to ensure she was ready to take the stage on 2nd Encore when the time comes.

ARE THERE OTHER NEW CHARACTERS IN THE QUEUE?
We’ll see! We would LOVE to have Annie simply be the first of many new Skullgirls characters, but - frankly speaking - a lot will depend on how well her launch on mobile and 2nd Encore performs.

If all goes well, hopefully we’ll have plenty of additional exciting news to share in the future!

LFzsCWDuHVu6GYuttvhNd39wdqKZa9-cgqN40A4uVjQJ43DadYac3ArSVYTjcgW3N02W4kHbVk_NPkafRIoQIR0pB_Q1irnrMOUu9DLtZVRZOVJB28u7SN9Ie49DIkKqMBaYm0WJ

UPDATED: 8/26/20

WILL ANNIE (AND THE OTHER NEW MOBILE ANIMATIONS) BE ADDED TO THE DIGITAL ART COMPENDIUM?
We are planning to make a full update to the Digital Art Compendium in the future featuring both Annie and all relevant Skullgirls Mobile-related content. Stay tuned!

WILL ANNIE BE ADDED TO <X> VERSION OF 2ND ENCORE? WILL <INSERT THING> HAPPEN TO 2ND ENCORE?
Unfortunately, we can’t speak to this at this time. We’ll have more information to share about the 2nd Encore release of Annie later this year.

WILL ANNIE HAVE A JAPANESE DUB?
Annie will launch on mobile with English only voice over. We hope to get full Japanese voice over in the future!

WILL THIS MEAN THERE WILL BE 3 DAILIES ON A SINGLE DAY TO ACCOMMODATE ANNIE?
We’ll be sharing more details about all Annie-related content as we get closer to her launch in the next couple of months!

ANNIE'S EYE PATCH IS ON THE WRONG SIDE IN HER ART.
Hazards of using the selfie cam on her phone…? We’ll make sure it's addressed. Thanks for keeping an eye out for us!

WILL ANNIE RELEASE WITH AN ORIGIN STORY
Every character in the game will eventually get their own Origin story, but Annie is not currently next in the queue. Only a matter of time, however! We have lots of exciting Annie lore to share.

WILL YOU MAKE AN ANNIE FORUM?
Done!

https://forum.skullgirlsmobile.com/forums/annie.44/

WILL THERE BE A BETA FOR ANNIE?
We will not be having an Annie Beta for Skullgirls Mobile (similar to Rift Battles or Versus Mode). Keep an eye out for her in our next major update!

HOW DO THE RECENT EVENTS WITH LAB ZERO AFFECT ANNIE'S RELEASE?
We have released a full statement here that we encourage you to read:

https://forum.skullgirlsmobile.com/...ble-statement-regarding-lab-zero-games.16789/

OK OK, I’LL STOP ASKING. OH! BUT WHAT ABOUT <PRESSING QUESTION>?
If you have another question that we haven’t covered here, please respond to this thread and - if we’re able to answer it - we will update this FAQ to the best of our ability. Beyond that, we can’t wait to share more information in the coming months!

NOTE: If you have any questions about Annie, please bring it up here and we’ll do our best to address your questions as effectively as possible.

Here’s to even more exciting stuff for Skullgirls in 2020 (and beyond)!

❤️ ❤️ ❤️
All of us at Hidden Variable, Lab Zero, and Autumn Games

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a question (that wasn't really asked, I guess ?) : what about the "new" Conpendium ?
By that, let me precise : the new animations from the Mobile game (mainly the Stun ones, but also the new intros ... and possibly some that wasn't in the original one yet) and, obviously, Annie's sprites themselves !
Cause, having a new character if great and all, but now some fans (including me) would like to mess around and make fanmade color swaps :p

So, is this the Indivisible style/version of Annie?

Reactions: TRIX
Will Annie be playable in the PS Vita port of 2nd Encore?

Or is that port (or any of the older ports) no longer supported?

Reactions: FriDe
Does this mean "true" story mode is coming to 2nd Encore as well, since if I remember correctly, Annie's main thing was that she would have brought the "true" story mode along with her.

Reactions: Splashmouse
How exciting!! It wasn't until recently when I learned how many hardships this game and its team have faced. I had no clue you guys worked for a year without getting paid, or that the game had hit so many walls early release, but through it all this amazing team persevered. You all put the "passion" in "passion project"! And look how far you have come! Even after all this time your dedication to this game has not only survived difficult times, but thrived so that you can create a new playable character!

Congratulations, team, and thank you. Without your hard work, without your fighting spirit, this wouldn't be possible.

I can't wait to play Annie and whoever is bound to come next!

Edit: Parasoul in the background :p

Last edited:
Neato!

Looks like she's got some great combo potential with that Star Power character ability, since it seems to freeze time just like activating Robo's Circuit Breaker. Same for her BB3, since it seems to stagger the enemy which will be great for extending ground combos.

I'm glad I've already started saving up relics, I'm already over 100 total and might actually end up beating my record from Fukua's release if I can continue tryharding as much as I did during 4.2. >: )

This is super exciting! She looks extremely flashy and satisfying to combo with. I've been hoping for a good combo character. Can't wait to play her! Trying to hype up some friends for her as well, I think it's enough to bait them lol.

But I gotta look a gift horse in the mouth a sec...

Can we rework dailies? I reeeeaaaally don't want to be doing Master and Expert for 3 different fighters in one day. Even just giving Master the moves from Expert would go a really long way towards time/reward and being able to play the other modes more.

Incidentally, the key art in the first post should be flipped horizontally. Annie's eyepatch should cover her right eye!

whensAnnie.jpg

In game, I can live with 1P Annie having the eyepatch on the wrong side. Such is the life of asymmetrical fighting game characters. I suppose she will be like Squigly, where 2P version is the correct form (Squigly is missing her left eye and has a skeletal left hand).

But official art has to follow the canon rules! #WhensAnnie #RightEyepatch #AProblemThatsNotReallyAProblemButItBothersMeAnyway

Other than that, Annie looks like the beyond amazing character I voted for 7 years ago! :D
Great job everyone at Hidden Variable and Lab Zero!

Last edited: