• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Is it worth upgrading Valentine's ground combo?

Parabellum

Reaction score
I'm enjoying Silent Kill Valentine a lot right now but there's one thing I've been really holding off, which is upgrading her tap combo. It's great because it adds two more fairly strong hits but the final hit always knocks the opponent back, killing my chances of following up with an air combo and sweep. I'm not extremely consistent with counting my taps, I simply keep tapping until I see the final animation signaling that I need to uppercut or sweep before I have a bad combo. I'll either have to readjust, count my taps and try not to go fast with her against my usual instinct or keep ignoring that skill on the tree. It's a tough decision because I want the extra damage but I don't want to ruin my flow lol.

You could do what I do with my Graveyard Shift Valentine, and always launch your opponent before the last hit with the bloodbag stand hits (I've done it before, it is possible) and then do your air juggle combo and then finish with a sweep or another move. The timing is a bit tough to work out, but if you can do it, then you could deal a little extra damage than usual.

Alternatively, you could use the full extended ground combo if you're planning to do something other than launching your opponent. I think the extended ground combo of Valentine cards is there to give you options.

Reactions: Parabellum
Just launch before the final hit. I actually like that she sort of has a 'tree' of combo options, wish they'd expand on that idea so I'm not just always doing the exact same thing with every character.

Yeah I think I've decided to just get some practice in training mode until I get it down. The extra hit is worth it.

If I recall correctly, the last portion of Valentine's upgraded ground combo is one of the few, if not the only thing that will hit the opponent after Valentine's throw, so keep that in mind if you're still deciding whether to upgrade it.

It's worth it, on top of everything else listed if I ever mess up and start attacking a blocking opponent, sometimes the AI will just stop blocking after the third or fourth hit, which can save some runs against more powerful opponents.