• [2018/06/22]
    By using our forums, and our in-game services, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Policy found here:
    skullgirlsmobile.com/privacy

Is there any chance of seeing Double in this game?

tom641

Reaction score
In the main game Double is essentially "Unused moves: The Character" but most of her moveset, even the parts that weren't originally used by the associated character, have been given back to the original owners so far in the Mobile game.

Parasoul's Luger
Cerebella's Hornet Bomber
Peacock's Toontown Swag Wagon (name unofficial)
and probably more I don't remember.

Does Double have enough original moves to use for this game? Honestly the only ones I can think of are her blocking sprites, her grab, and her level 5 Gradius super. (which uses a lot of Peacock projectile sprites anyway if memory serves)

Double was listed in the character stat graph alongside Beowulf, so I assume she's coming along in the next big update.

For posterity's sake, here's the graph

Attachments

• chart.png
    chart.png
    12.1 KB · Views: 80
Does Double have enough original moves to use for this game? Honestly the only ones I can think of are her blocking sprites, her grab, and her level 5 Gradius super. (which uses a lot of Peacock projectile sprites anyway if memory serves)

She had an original level 1 blockbuster added to the game with the Beowulf patch, Beast of Gehenna. She throws a puddle on the ground and if the opponent steps on it a huge monster pops out and eats them.

She had an original level 1 blockbuster added to the game with the Beowulf patch, Beast of Gehenna. She throws a puddle on the ground and if the opponent steps on it a huge monster pops out and eats them.

That's pretty good. Also, thinking on it more it'd be kinda neat if she could just use everyone's specials since she's a shapeshifter anyway.

...granted, that would probably murder Android phones even harder due to loading so many extra characters per match, so...

Memeing aside, Double's moves fall into three categories:
  1. Unused moves once intended for other characters
    • s.LP and s.LK (though Fukua later got these too)
    • Luger Replica (SGM beta gave this back to Parasoul, but unless I'm just unlucky it seems she no longer has it in release?)
    • Hornet Bomber
    • Bandwagon Rushdown
  2. Original animations drawn for Double
    • Idle, walk, jump, block, throw, raw tag, etc
    • Taunt
    • Flesh Step
    • Beast of Gehenna
    • Nightmare Legion
  3. Reused frames remixed to do something different
    • Most normals
    • Snapback
    • Item Crash
    • Cilia Slide
    • Catellite Lives
    • Megalith Array
So only 2-3 moves from the first category are out, and in the case of Hornet Bomber Bella's version is a lot slower so Double could still keep her fast version. And I'm sure there are plenty of possibilities to invent new moves under the third category, consider it an opportunity to work the DLC cast in there somewhere.

Hold on can't moves from her super where she's a bunch of different characters also be used if they wanted to? To compensate for some of her moves being given back to their originally intended characters (plus that'd just be cool lol)

Parasoul has the Luger in the full release, except it fires a napalm bullet instead of a regular shot. Which is a little weird because she had a move that did that already but I like the gun more anyway.

That's not Luger, that's Napalm Shot. Different animation, she holds up Krieg and shoots it.

Yes. Krieg is the one that creates tears. That's why she swings him for Napalm Toss and spins him for the Inferno Brigade to shoot through. For a Living Weapon, he's one hell of a masochist.
The shot from the Luger itself is a bullet.

Double was listed in the character stat graph alongside Beowulf, so I assume she's coming along in the next big update.

For posterity's sake, here's the graph
This is the first time I've seen that chart.. oh dear :3 Looks like she has zero defense and quite high attack damage!